• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Darryl

Banned
Do you have something particular in your mind? What do you want to hear?

And why is it a dumb idea? Sorian was pretty convincing in the Cthulhu game. Take it as it is: I'm new, have no idea of how this is played and thought talking in here was the key to hunt down scum. If I'm wrong, okay. Try reasoning with me, I'm trying to be open minded and can change my opinion.

We have dead-ended at evicting Haly (who has even given up himself). There is no reason for anyone to say anything unless they want to get it off their chest before the possibility of a night eviction hits them. The only player who doesn't have a history right now is you, so if you just want others to talk instead of doing it yourself than we are wasting time here and we may as well just end the day so we can move along.

Hobohodo

So whilst the second half of the great lords plan is no longer relevant, having reviewed the list of people who supported it I've decided that I have a good feeling on most of those players, YesNo, Cabbeh and Palmer in particular. With that in mind and discussion seemingly slowing down I'll go ahead and place my vote down like I said I would.

Vote: Haly

I think that puts him on 8?

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm actually not sure where we are on the count (I'm on the train). I'll get one up when I reach work.

EDIT: that's probably majority though.

Ourobolus

Banned
DAY 4 HAS ENDED

Septimus Prime (0)
cabbeh

Haly (10)
Septimus Prime
squidyj
Arkos
YesNOnoNOYes
TheGoddamn
Kristoffer
Darryl
EzekelRage
Hobohodo
YesNOnoNOYes
Gorlak

squidyj (0)
Kristoffer
Mazre

Kristoffer (0)
Darryl

Hobohodo (0)
Darryl

Mazre (1)
Palmer_v1

Seath (1)
cabbeh

Mike_Hawk689 (1)
Mazre

The agents gathered in the breakroom, still a little confused that nothing had happened during the night. Some of them wanted to just sit and talk things out, maybe catch someone in a lie using logic and reasoning.

But squidyj had other plans.

Squidyj jumped from his seat, shouting, "I have an announcement to make!"

The agents lazily turned their heads in his direction, murmuring grumpily. "Go on, then."

Squidy flashed a smile, ran his fingers through his hair and pointed at Haly. "I HAD TOAST ON TUESDAY! LYNCH HALY!"

The agents gasped and began muttering to each other--
"Yeah, that makes sense."
"I've never thought of it that way, but now that you mention it..."
"Dear god, it's full of toast!"

Happy with himself, squidyj folded his arms across his chest and waited for the agents to accept his plan.

Only Mazre and Palmer showed any sign of concern. "But...the toaster was broken Tuesday. Pam tried to put eight doughnuts in there and it took ages to get it fixed."

The agents didn't bat an eye, but squidyj responded, "HA! That was a trap to see who would notice! Now I will enact phase two of my plan!" Squidyj stood once more, saying, "All, it appears I was incorrect - the toaster was broken Tuesday. But I definitely had toast WITH JAM AND BUTTER AND A SPRINKLE OF CINNAMON on Monday! Therefore, LYNCH HALY!"

The agents, flabbergasted by the immense logic bomb thrown their way, picked up their invisible guns and magic wands and descended on the hapless Haly.

Haly said:
You are Nikolai Jakov, the KGB Boss.

You are aligned with the KGB.

After being spurned by Malory (#sorrynotsorry) countless times, you&#8217;re out for revenge against those ISIS dogs. Using your extensive spy network, you are able to muck up the records of any field agent. At night, you may PM me the command FRAME: <player> to flip that person&#8217;s alignment for the night (KGB will flip to ISIS, and non-KGB to KGB). This does not actually change the person&#8217;s alignment, but anyone looking into that player will receive faulty information.

Your partners are: [REDACTED]

Night Phase Assassination
Each night phase, one of the KGB-aligned players may assassinate one of the non-KGB-aligned players by PMing me with the command KILL: <player>. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM.

During the Night Phase, you may plot and scheme with your other KGB-aligned players in a private QuickTopic board found here.

You win when the KGB outnumbers or is equal to the amount of non-KGB players.

Night 4 has begun.
Day 5 will start at:

t1440709200z1.png

VOLUNTEERS
Mazre
EzekelRAGE
Gorlak
Darryl

Mission info will be sent shortly.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm going to be stuck at work a little later than normal so I'm going to have to delay the start by about an hour. Sorry!

EDIT: Actually I think I can get it out on mobile. I'll try to be closer to the actual time.

Gorlak

Banned
I'm going to be stuck at work a little later than normal so I'm going to have to delay the start by about an hour. Sorry!

EDIT: Actually I think I can get it out on mobile. I'll try to be closer to the actual time.

Ourob... A random time for a "first come, first served" ingame mechanic isn't exactly helpful. So I probably can't be here for the start of the day :(

Ourobolus

Banned
Ourob... A random time for a "first come, first served" ingame mechanic isn't exactly helpful. So I probably can't be here for the start of the day :(
I'm still going to try for the original time. I managed to get everything written up I just need to make sure I can post it from my phone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will post it for you Ouro.

OoooooooooOOOOoooOOOOOOOoooo

Ourobolus

Banned
NIGHT 4 HAS ENDED

Malory sat, distraught at her desk, rewatching videos she had taped of her time with Nikolai.

5bf1dd973aa10ef026283b997528c67d-54aeb636d2c14.jpg

Even though he was KGB, she still held fond memories of their time together during the Cold War. Getting it on with the enemy...how hot was that?
She sniffed as she raised her snifter to her sniffer. "Poor Nikolai...why did it have to end this way?"

"Ms. Archer?" A voice called from the doorway.

Malory exhaled mournfully. "Yes, what is it. I'm a little busy."

"The uh...the mission team has returned."

"And?"

"Well, you'd better come take a look."

Malory walked into the office and found Gorlak, EzekelRAGE, and Mazre standing there. She squinted her eyes and glanced around the room. "Where's that foul-mouthed Darryl?"

The agents shuffled their feet and began to speak in turn.
"Well, we were climbing up the side of the building where Trudy Beekman lives..."
"...and all of a sudden Darryl starts to slip down the window..."
"...His suction pads stopped working properly. Suddenly he just fell. There was nothing we could do."

71lPUp4.jpg

Malory gasped. "WHAT? How did you let this happen?"

"He was several feet below us, and we couldn't reach him." They wiped tears from their eyes.

"And you couldn't even bring back the body?"

"Well you know those roaming packs of wild dogs? They beat us to it."

Seething, Malory threw her glass at the agents. "Useless! You're all fucking useless!" She stopped. "Well at least you finished your mission, correct?"

"Yes ma'am. Trudy Beekman is dead. Strangled with some panty hose and stabbed with the leg of a dining room chair."

"Well I guess it's not all for naught."

Darryl said:
You are Lana Kane, the Truckasaurus.

You are aligned with ISIS (the agency, not the terrorist organization).

Despite Sterling Archer stealing your thunder in the hearts and minds of the enemy, you know you’re the best and brightest secret agent of them all. Every night phase, you may use the ISIS database to investigate one player by PMing the command “SNOOP: <player>” to me. The results will be returned to you at the start of the next day phase, showing you that player’s alignment.

Plus, your hands are like, ginormous.

You win when all KGB players are eliminated.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

Day 5 Ends at:
t1441054800z1.png

squidyj

Ezekel Mazre and Palmer told me that Darryl told them he had green checks on Mazre and
Ezekel, I was never on a mission with him so I got that information secondhand.

You said you were going to do something last night. What was it that you did?

RIP Darryl. You were an asshole, but you were still ISIS.
Vote: Gorlak

I guess Darryl thought it was the same 4 in chat as the other day. He started off speaking a little to openly :-(. Garlok was steady trying to figure out who was the cop as well between the 3 of us.

Ezekel Mazre and Palmer told me that Darryl told them he had green checks on Mazre and
Oh. Okay, then.

VOTE: Gorlak

Again, if Gorlak turns out innocent, it's still a really small suspect pool.

However, now that we know Haly's ability, could it be possible that he switched up Ezekel's or Mazre's readings on the nights Darryl read them? He posted about what he did earlier, before we lynched him; let's dig that up and take a look.

cabot

Was Haly ever on a mission with Darryl and Mazre? Trying to determine if he could have fudged it.

O
However, now that we know Haly's ability, could it be possible that he switched up Ezekel's or Mazre's readings on the nights Darryl read them? He posted about what he did earlier, before we lynched him; let's dig that up and take a look.
If I read his ability right, Haly shouldn't have been able to affect Darryl's reads on me and Maz since we were on a mission?

squidyj

I guess since darryl died I can talk a little more about what i was doing. I wanted to apply pressure to Haly but I also wanted to test the claim I had been told about in mission chat. Since I wasn't counterclaimed by someone who WASN'T darryl I was pretty okay with trusting him, unfortunately mafia seems to have seen through things which could be quite convenient.

I think the simple explanation is that Gorlak is mafia and in mission chat they told him what they told me, and he deduced that he would be checked by darryl and outed anyway so he sent a kill in mission chat.

The outsider theory is that there's been a conspiracy in mission chat and if so we best get to the bottom of it by lynching Gorlak, if he turns out to be town then we should probably go ahead into mazre next because either there's a mafia team member that is detection immune, or mazre ezekel and palmer lied to me about what darryl's checks were.

I have 2 more charges of my night ability which, I'm actually no longer sure I should reveal, mafia might know what it is, a number of their actions COULD suggest a mafia investigator. But if they don't know I'm not going to tell them.

Top Bottom