• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

cabot

Taking a look at who tried to defend Raz there may help as well.

Also with the above images, I may have missed a few names, but no biggie.

I mean I did defend raz, though I was suspicious of his extremely defensive reaction which happened more than once.

Good post with the colours. I see question bro voting twice out of 4 days and both targets being town/claimed town. Not too much to go on but I have been suspicious of him for a while.

I mean I did defend raz, though I was suspicious of his extremely defensive reaction which happened more than once.

Good post with the colours. I see question bro voting twice out of 4 days and both targets being town/claimed town. Not too much to go on but I have been suspicious of him for a while.
He was also willing to put El Topo on the mission, which is a really daft thing to suggest, if you ask me.

*cough*

cabot

They don't like mazre. We've been playing the same sort of passive keep out of sight game except he's been on every mission.
Can I bring this up?

I felt this was suspicious before the day started, and now we have a cop dead and Mazre claimed as investigated town. It seems adequate to bring this up as half possibly trying to direct a townie lynch before he was burned.

Palmer_v1

but generating a counterclaim was part of my plan! (from someone other than darryl who I wanted to remain silent)

I get that, which is why I didn't really try to bus you. My main issue with your plan was that you were after Haly, who I hadn't gotten any scummy feelings from. I was obviously wrong as hell, but I stand by my actions at the time.

Here's the Darryl post where it felt like he was trying to get my opinion on your play without being too obvious.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176252433&postcount=2672

If he actively distrusted me, I don't think he would have even bothered asking that question. It's hard to say what was bluffing and what was real though.

Palmer_v1

Can I bring this up?

I felt this was suspicious before the day started, and now we have a cop dead and Mazre claimed as investigated town. It seems adequate to bring this up as half possibly trying to direct a townie lynch before he was burned.

Darryl himself cleared Mazre though. I'll see if I can find each of his bolded reads for reference. This would require Mazre to have been investigation immune somehow, when Haly already had that ability.

cabot

Darryl himself cleared Mazre though. I'll see if I can find each of his bolded reads for reference. This would require Mazre to have been investigation immune somehow, when Haly already had that ability.
Well I was pointing it out as further proof to Mazre being town. I meant in the sense that haly was leaving breadcrumbs to try and get Mazre.

Mazre's top 4 scum list included QB and Hobo
Darryl's top 4 included QB as well as Hobo. I think he included Palm due to the posting yesterday.
Of Gorlak's 4 posts, 1 is about thinking Hobo is town and Haly mentioning him is coincedence. The other is about not seeing the connection Darryl made about Hobo/Palm/Haly.

This means nothing if Gorlak isn't KGB though I guess.

Palmer_v1

NM, I don't have time for that right now. Not sure if there's an easy way to do it, but Darryl's first post of each day that had anything bolded is what you're after. The others can explain if needed, but this is what he said in Mission chat:

I'll bold or smiley and say something like, "Hasn't posted much that has thrown me off" - Town. "Acting kinda scummy" - Mafia. Obviously I'll use more tact than that

Ouro, when you get back to your desktop, could you link the start and end of each day in the op? Sucks trying to go thru random pages trying to find what when a certain day ends or looking for vote results.

Mazre

Evening all.

For the record this is the post where Darryl cleared me from his N1 investigation.

squidyj - for some reason people are linking me to squidyj. it looks like a weak link to me to me. are mafia trying to bring him down through day votes to pick up the pace on eliminating some of these heavy posters?

mazre - don't get the suspicion here either. he's not posting like a madman but when he does, they're well reasoned posts. seems more interested in finding actual mafia than taking stabs in the fucking dark.

palmer, ynyny, haly - posting consistent and well-reasoned

cooljeanius - pushing on squidyj while playing the victim. that evil squidyj, making me vote for an innocent. and he had a power role! the nerve!

zubz - what kind of vote fuckery are you trying to pull?

squidyj

Mazre's top 4 scum list included QB and Hobo
Darryl's top 4 included QB as well as Hobo. I think he included Palm due to the posting yesterday.
Of Gorlak's 4 posts, 1 is about thinking Hobo is town and Haly mentioning him is coincedence. The other is about not seeing the connection Darryl made about Hobo/Palm/Haly.

This means nothing if Gorlak isn't KGB though I guess.

I think we should spend today figuring out a world where gorlak is mafia, and if he turns out to be town we can deal with that tomorrow.

NM, I don't have time for that right now. Not sure if there's an easy way to do it, but Darryl's first post of each day that had anything bolded is what you're after. The others can explain if needed, but this is what he said in Mission chat:

I'll bold or smiley and say something like, "Hasn't posted much that has thrown me off" - Town. "Acting kinda scummy" - Mafia. Obviously I'll use more tact than that

I already did it here.

I guess might as well spill the beans on the Darryl thing. For us in mission chat to know who Darryl checked, he made a system of bolding who he checked in his post. He admitted himself that Maz was clean in N2 chat. I imagine that was due to GLT using the ability. Here is him clearing me
TheGoddamn
When I was asking for bold predictions yesterday, notice I kept asking for Darryl's specifically? I just included Kris, to not throw suspicion.

Haly was not investigation immune. Here is his role PM:

Ourobolus said:
Haly said:
Originally Posted by Haly

You are Nikolai Jakov, the KGB Boss.

You are aligned with the KGB.

After being spurned by Malory (#sorrynotsorry) countless times, you’re out for revenge against those ISIS dogs. Using your extensive spy network, you are able to muck up the records of any field agent. At night, you may PM me the command FRAME: <player> to flip that person’s alignment for the night (KGB will flip to ISIS, and non-KGB to KGB). This does not actually change the person’s alignment, but anyone looking into that player will receive faulty information.

Your partners are: [REDACTED]

Night Phase Assassination
Each night phase, one of the KGB-aligned players may assassinate one of the non-KGB-aligned players by PMing me with the command KILL: <player>. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM.

During the Night Phase, you may plot and scheme with your other KGB-aligned players in a private QuickTopic board found here.

You win when the KGB outnumbers or is equal to the amount of non-KGB players.
His role allows him to obfuscate the role of any other player, but it does not grant him immunity, and he couldn't have possibly used it on Ezekel or Mazre.

This does not rule out that someone else might be investigation immune, though.

You mean you didn't really care about what I had to say? AND I'm not town-aligned, in your eyes?
:(

UNVOTE. VOTE: Kristoffer

? you quoted something that didn't have to do with you, I assume you are referring to the voting image though? The theory colors had to do with ppl that had some form of evidence to pointing they were town, not who i thought who was or wasn't town going by gut feeling. I don't really think you are town.

I think we should spend today figuring out a world where gorlak is mafia, and if he turns out to be town we can deal with that tomorrow.

I've voted for him because of the evidence that we have. But why would he risk it? It's his first night phase & his first mission (he knew how they run because he was fairly quick on the volunteering last day) Everyone knows that killing anyonre in mission is a suicide. Did he did it as a suicide? Or did Mazre or EzekelRAGE pinned it on him. If anyone pinned the death on Gorlak it would be Mazre imo, since Eze seems to be archer.

cabot

Haly was not investigation immune. Here is his role PM:

His role allows him to obfuscate the role of any other player, but it does not grant him immunity, and he couldn't have possibly used it on Ezekel or Mazre.

This does not rule out that someone else might be investigation immune, though.

I think you're dirtying the waters unnecessarily here.

You question the validity of darryls claims because of halys role, implying that someone else could just be naturally able to fool the cop?

I don't buy it. It would make halys power pretty rubbish.

I just included Kris, to not throw suspicion.
I took this seriously. I unvolunteered when you said you felt uncomfortable. I parleyed with you.

I thought we were pals. And yet I can't even get a measely little blue highlight, when TheGoddamn shows up for a single day and gets check-a-roo'd?

giphy.gif

I've voted for him because of the evidence that we have. But why would he risk it? It's his first night phase & his first mission (he knew how they run because he was fairly quick on the volunteering last day) Everyone knows that killing anyonre in mission is a suicide. Did he did it as a suicide? Or did Mazre or EzekelRAGE pinned it on him. If anyone pinned the death on Gorlak it would be Mazre imo, since Eze seems to be archer.

Darryle cleared both me and Maz, so why would you try to put the death on either of us?

I took this seriously. I unvolunteered when you said you felt uncomfortable. I parleyed with you.
Yea, still think you could be KGB :(

I think you're dirtying the waters unnecessarily here.

You question the validity of darryls claims because of halys role, implying that someone else could just be naturally able to fool the cop?

I don't buy it. It would make halys power pretty rubbish.
That is not my intent. I do think there is a player with that passive ability, though, given how many power roles we've seen already, how the town had two doctors and a cop and an analyst AND possibly a bulletproof, and how there are neutrals with multi-kill abilities, like El Topo. I'm confident all the KGB agents have something going on for them, since there are so many powerful abilities in this game, including ones we don't even know about (like whatever squidyj's ability is).

This doesn't say that I don't think lynching Gorlak is the best thing to do right now, though. We can learn a whole lot if he does end up being town, and we'd nail another KGB if he is KGB. It's a win-win move for us.

Would be funny if Gorlak was HP and was there to kill me, but when he read chat he saw that Darryl could be cop and took a risk to kill him instead of me. His last post is about not trusting Mazre and would explain the eagerness to volunteer.

failed my quote sorry.. should've previewed

Darryle cleared both me and Maz, so why would you try to put the death on either of us?

I'm not trying to put it on you two. I'm just going over the possibilities but since information has surfaced that Darryl cleared both you and Mazre, there's no other possibility then to have Gorlak voted out today.

Would be funny if Gorlak was HP and was there to kill me, but when he read chat he saw that Darryl could be cop and took a risk to kill him instead of me. His last post is about not trusting Mazre and would explain the eagerness to volunteer.
That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't he just kill you if he were the only one who could do it? I'm assuming the KGB have their own chat somewhere to strategize these things, and he would be screwing them pretty hard if he inadvertently made you immortal.

squidyj

because once he realized the situation he knew he was already dead. he was getting checked that night and it was coming up red. why not take the cop out in the process?

squidyj

Anyways at this point, with mafia down 2 scum I'm sort of into the idea of sending scum on the mission. and in particular very much mixing up the mission teams so we can get more information about groups mafia can kill from.

if we had septimus, enker, mike, and hobo all go on the mission I'd be happy with that.

I'm pretty tired of using the mission mechanic defensively to the benefit of a few people (mazre -.-) and would rather use it offensively to help us hunt scum as we move into the later game.

Anyways at this point, with mafia down 2 scum I'm sort of into the idea of sending scum on the mission. and in particular very much mixing up the mission teams so we can get more information about groups mafia can kill from.

if we had septimus, enker, mike, and hobo all go on the mission I'd be happy with that.

I'm pretty tired of using the mission mechanic defensively to the benefit of a few people (mazre -.-) and would rather use it offensively to help us hunt scum as we move into the later game.
I'm down to do that, but I'm rarely here fast enough to volunteer quickly. How will you check to see if we're KGB, though?

VOLUNTEER

Ouro, when you get back to your desktop, could you link the start and end of each day in the op? Sucks trying to go thru random pages trying to find what when a certain day ends or looking for vote results.

Here it is, Ezekel

GAF Archer Mafia Calendar

Day 1 Start
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173873706&postcount=258

Day 2 Start
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174819519&postcount=1143

Day 3 Start
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175652178&postcount=1919

Day 4 Start
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176218770&postcount=2471

Day 5 Start
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176735989&postcount=2977

I've not hidden the links so we can easily see the post numbers, and relate them to other future quotes.

Fake edit: damn it Ourobolus

Thanks for that highlighted picture, Ezekel!

I'm inclined to vote for Gorlak, too, but I don't want to jump the gun. There's so much to go through first, but as an easy reference for backreaders,

Gorlak is TheAwesomePossum is Razmos.

Here's something of interest. Haly's "hot out the fucking gate" (RIP Darryl) picks:

Also my Hotgate Award nominees:

roytheone
Enker
YesNOnoNOYes
Seath
Hobohodo

Nothing personal against any of you, except Hobohodo, who is a liar and a cheat and I'm going to kill evict you again, see if I don't. And this time you're not a little kid anymore so I'm morally in the clear.

I think 4-5 is the right number, squidyj. Animal Crossing Mafia had 4... and Darryl, who was like 0.5 Mafia. According to Karakdor's advance mathematics, this is like 4 and 5 simultaneously.

We know for a fact that roy is town, so it's only a matter of determining which of the remaining four on that list are non-KGB and which are peppered in to deflect.

Haly also reiterated that there are 4-5 mafia in a later post, and said that 6 was more unlikely:

For the record, I think 5 is more likely than 4, and 4 more likely than 6. 5+1 neutral would also make more sense than 6.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a role like that Smuggler guy in the Star Wars thread whose alt-win is to go on X number of missions.

Lastly, Darryl's checks seem to have been thus:
N1: Mazre
N2: Ezekel
N3: TheGoddamn (Darryl was not on a mission then)
N4: Gorlak

No objections to that, My body Mike_hawk is ready.

BTW what happened to this squidyj?

I guess since darryl died I can talk a little more about what i was doing. I wanted to apply pressure to Haly but I also wanted to test the claim I had been told about in mission chat. Since I wasn't counterclaimed by someone who WASN'T darryl I was pretty okay with trusting him, unfortunately mafia seems to have seen through things which could be quite convenient.

I think the simple explanation is that Gorlak is mafia and in mission chat they told him what they told me, and he deduced that he would be checked by darryl and outed anyway so he sent a kill in mission chat.

The outsider theory is that there's been a conspiracy in mission chat and if so we best get to the bottom of it by lynching Gorlak, if he turns out to be town then we should probably go ahead into mazre next because either there's a mafia team member that is detection immune, or mazre ezekel and palmer lied to me about what darryl's checks were.

I have 2 more charges of my night ability which, I'm actually no longer sure I should reveal, mafia might know what it is, a number of their actions COULD suggest a mafia investigator. But if they don't know I'm not going to tell them.

Emphasis mine. I kept the whole quote because it's all interesting/relevant.

This is what was going to post in Mission chat about what I found weird about the voting last day phase, along with the voting colors but thought about it. Decided not to due to Gorlak.

Kris - Was eager to kill Squidy Day 4, see what he flipped, then kill Haly depending on that flip. Instead of killing Haly to confirm if Squid was right.
FUCK. Why would a mafia member sacrifice himself like that? It doesn't make any goddamned sense.
[HIGHLIGT]VOTE: Haly

Haly, now is the time to roleclaim.

Think I mentioned this post due to him asking Haly for a roleclaim.
YN - Unvoted Haly for w/e reason.

====
I'm cool doing a controlled mission, but think me or Maz should stay on, pref me. That way we have one person we know who is town on the mission. I'm down with Hobo/QB going on.
=====
Looking at the post TheGoddamn made quoting Haly, it seemed Haly really liked mentioning Hobo.
=====
Updated Theory colors, this includes Garlok flipping KGB and Seath being neutral via ET pointing out his wording. I think there is another KGB between HB, QB, YN, and Palmer.
Theory%20Archer_1.jpg

=====

Thanks Ouro/Goddamn for the posts.

squidyj

This is what was going to post in Mission chat about what I found weird about the voting last day phase, along with the voting colors but thought about it. Decided not to due to Gorlak.

Kris - Was eager to kill Squidy Day 4, see what he flipped, then kill Haly depending on that flip. Instead of killing Haly to confirm if Squid was right.

Think I mentioned this post due to him asking Haly for a roleclaim.
YN - Unvoted Haly for w/e reason.

====
I'm cool doing a controlled mission, but think me or Maz should stay on, pref me. That way we have one person we know who is town on the mission. I'm down with Hobo/QB going on.
=====
Looking at the post TheGoddamn made quoting Haly, it seemed Haly really liked mentioning Hobo.
=====
Updated Theory colors, this includes Garlok flipping KGB and Seath being neutral via ET pointing out his wording. I think there is another KGB between HB, QB, YN, and Palmer.
Theory%20Archer_1.jpg

=====

Thanks Ouro/Goddamn for the posts.

you don't want septimus or mike on a mission with you?

Hobohodo

Volunteer

Got nothing to hide so if people want me there then okay. I'll volunteer now so that I'll just fill a gap if it becomes available.

Top Bottom