• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI PC Specs revealed

fa9ayRS.png

Interested in this but is it a copypaste "soulslike" game, or something completely different?
They say it's not "soulslike" but it will most likely have similiarites. AC games have never really played like Souls but it's a good bet that they'll change it up to appeal to their modern fanbase.

Here is the gameplay of it (you can skip to 2:13) ...

I don't think it's a "copypaste" like say Bloodborne or Elden Ring. I'm going to guess it's kinda like Sekiro but even more detached. Don't know for sure though. If you don't like Souls then there is a good chance you won't like this.

Last edited:
hold up... that's weaker than Elden Ring.

i know ER is open world but c'mon can't they push the game harder?

my PC is going to absolutely smoke this game :messenger_tears_of_joy: i wish they'd let us do unlimited frame rate to at least try make my PC break a sweat. hopefully they add RTX to the full game at some point (and sooner than it took to get it to Elden Ring).

I'm not saying it looks bad I think it looks fine and I know this game isn't about visuals but they could be doing better.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

They say it's not "soulslike" but it will most likely have similiarites. AC games have never really played like Souls but it's a good bet that they'll change it up to appeal to their modern fanbase.

I don't think it's a "copypaste" like say Bloodborne or Elden Ring. I'm going to guess it's kinda like Sekiro but even more detached. Don't know for sure though. If you don't like Souls then there is a good chance you won't like this.

Yeah that's cool, it's like ZoE but not crap so I'll check this one out.

Fbh

OK listen FROM, if a GTX1060 is recommended card this better not have fucking performance issues on Ps5/SX

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
GTX 1060 eternal!!!!!!!!

P.S
A750/A770 for RT.
The Battlemage GPUs need to show up sooner rather than later.

YuLY

My 1070 Ti still going strong since 2016. It is above the recommended here lol. And people say PC gaming is expensive. Nobody is forcing you to play above 1080p. I havent had a single game that didnt run at least on High settings at 60fps on a GPU from 2016 using normal 1920x1080p resolution.

Utterly useless system requirement when it doesn't state what resolution or framerate those specs are for!

Why do so many publishers continue to do this, leaving the user to have to guess?

hold up... that's weaker than Elden Ring.

i know ER is open world but c'mon can't they push the game harder?

my PC is going to absolutely smoke this game :messenger_tears_of_joy: i wish they'd let us do unlimited frame rate to at least try make my PC break a sweat. hopefully they add RTX to the full game at some point (and sooner than it took to get it to Elden Ring).

I'm not saying it looks bad I think it looks fine and I know this game isn't about visuals but they could be doing better.

I believe the game will support uncapped framerates. I am sure I read it somewhere.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1060 recommended and they will still manage it to run like shit on ps5...
haven't checked much of the game, is it running bad on ps5?? need to know this info before i blindly pre-order on ps5

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
haven't checked much of the game, is it running bad on ps5?? need to know this info before i blindly pre-order on ps5
Elden Ring barely runs ok on ps5.
Looks good and all but it's around 40-55fps for the most part. Falls below of vrr window

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Elden Ring barely runs ok on ps5.
Looks good and all but it's around 40-55fps for the most part. Falls below of vrr window
aight but we don't know if armored core will run like shit right? this is just assuming based of elden ring performance on ps5?

1060 recommended and they will still manage it to run like shit on ps5...
OK listen FROM, if a GTX1060 is recommended card this better not have fucking performance issues on Ps5/SX
GPU is not everything :messenger_unamused:

CPU and RAM matter too. Consoles have weaker CPUs and less RAM.

PS5 has a Zen 2 cpu which PCs had over 4 years ago so it’s old now and it’s not like a Zen 2 cpu on PC is the same as one in a console. Consoles use low powered variants. CPU is important when it comes to frame rate/timing and many other things.

PS5 only has 16GB RAM (shared between CPU and GPU) while Recommended PC requires 12 GB RAM and 6 to 8GB VRAM. So PS5 is 2-4GB short.

And these pc recommended specs are probably only for 1080p 60fps and maybe not even max settings. To run this at 4K you’re going to need more RAM…maybe 16GB and a 2000 series GPU. Probably a 2070 or 2080.

PS5 version will do 1800p/4K but don’t expect 60fps.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This looks like a PS3 game. Like, really. Very sparsely detailed environments etc. That doesn't mean it's not a good game obviously, but might explain the very low requirements (except for memory I guess).

JeloSWE

This game will stutter on the best PC and have many many baffling technical issue. Considering Elden Ring still hasn't solved many of the most incompetent problems. I advise strongly against preordering this game or perhaps even get it at all on PC, or just not at all.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This game will stutter on the best PC and have many many baffling technical issue. Considering Elden Ring still hasn't solved many of the most incompetent problems. I advise strongly against preordering this game or perhaps even get it at all on PC, or just at all.
whatever-i-do-what-i-want-eric-cartman.gif

I bought Elden Ring on my PS5 day one and I didn't have much problem with the performance.

The AC games play nothing like the Souls games. Other than cameos by Patches, incredible music and certain sticker sets, they have absolutely nothing in common.

JeloSWE

whatever-i-do-what-i-want-eric-cartman.gif

I bought Elden Ring on my PS5 day one and I didn't have much problem with the performance.
Well, we are talking about PC specs here. And if you played the game in 30fps then there is likely no big issues on PS5. On PC, the game still have jerks and stutters and inconsistent frame times on a 4090 +13900K + 32GB + SSD. Terrible implementation of HDR that doesn't work with borderless window, they added the toggle to not auto center the camera but it still auto centers, LOL. Max 60fps without mods, 21:9 widescreen could technically works out of the box yet they just put two big black polygons that covers the screen, and you need a mod again to fix this. This company is among the least competent developers out there, it simply embarrassing.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Oh boy, who is ready for the stutter galore that this game ll be at launch ? and 10/10 everywhere aside from all technical issues.

Lokaum D+

aight but we don't know if armored core will run like shit right? this is just assuming based of elden ring performance on ps5?
oh no, its not assuming based of elden ring performance on ps5, dont know how old you are, but let me tell u someting, ALL Fromsoftware games runs like shit independent of the hardware, the old games just run "well" cause modern machine brute force the perfomance.

Last edited:
This looks like a PS3 game. Like, really. Very sparsely detailed environments etc. That doesn't mean it's not a good game obviously, but might explain the very low requirements (except for memory I guess).
No, THIS looks like a PS3 game (which it is)

Listen, I do understand the hyperbole since we're on the internet but a PS3 looking game it is not.

Now, looking back and forth between the video I posted and actual AC VI gameplay videos, would you still say that they look the same ? 😁

Danjin44

Well, we are talking about PC specs here. And if you played the game in 30fps then there is likely no big issues on PS5. On PC, the game still have jerks and stutters and inconsistent frame times on a 4090 +13900K + 32GB + SSD. Terrible implementation of HDR that doesn't work with borderless window, they added the toggle to not auto center the camera but it still auto centers, LOL. Max 60fps without mods, 21:9 widescreen could technically works out of the box yet they just put two big black polygons that covers the screen, and you need a mod again to fix this. This company is among the least competent developers out there, it simply embarrassing.
I played performance mode on my PS5, I wouldn’t say it’s locked 60 but it wasn’t 30 FPS either.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Listen, I do understand the hyperbole since we're on the internet but a PS3 looking game it is not.

Now, looking back and forth between the video I posted and actual AC VI gameplay videos, would you still say that they look the same ? 😁

That's a VERY bad looking PS3 game. PS2 graphics territory. So yeah.

(Now show me a PS2 AC game to show how wrong I am about this too.)

Last edited:

Yoshichan

oh no, its not assuming based of elden ring performance on ps5, dont know how old you are, but let me tell u someting, ALL Fromsoftware games runs like shit independent of the hardware, the old games just run "well" cause modern machine brute force the perfomance.
hi
i’m yoshichan

Danjin44

People have very shitty memory of how PS3 games used to looked like.

That's a VERY bad looking PS3 game. PS2 graphics territory. So yeah.

(Now show me a PS2 AC game to show how wrong I am about this too.)

I mean, c'mon man, you were factually wrong but it's ok, it's not like you committed a crime or anything, it's videogames we're talking about here, it's just that hyperbole isn't always the answer, that's all.

You could have said something like " I don't think it looks particularly good" but , again, saying that it looks like a "PS3 game, for real" is just factually wrong.

Cheers

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I mean, c'mon man, you were factually wrong but it's ok, it's not like you committed a crime or anything, it's videogames we're talking about here, it's just that hyperbole isn't always the answer, that's all.

You could have said something like " I don't think it looks particularly good" but , again, saying that it looks like a "PS3 game, for real" is just factually wrong.

Cheers

I'm not being hyperbolic, I really think it does. Obviously at higher resolution and framerate (on PS3 it would probably be 720p30), but other than that, yeah.

And again, AC4 is a A VERY bad looking PS3 game. Like, really terrible. No hyperbole there either.

Sleepwalker

At least itll run on the deck probably.

With those required specs my pc could probably run a different game at the same time on a second monitor lol

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m still hoping reviews are out a few days before so I can decide between ps5 and my pc.

If ps5 can rock 4k 60fps locked 90% of the time without RT I’m in. Or 1440p upscaled.

If it runs like liquid shit I’ll play on my 3080, but this game feels suited for comfy couch honestly.

Top Bottom