• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI | New Previews have dropped

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • The Previews cover the First Chapter of the Game (Aroun 6 hours) they have spoilers.

ARTICLE PREVIEWS:

VIDEO PREVIEWS

Key Points

• Players in Armored Core 6 can upload and share builds for specific missions, allowing the community to help each other overcome challenges.
  • Customization is a major focus in Armored Core 6, with players able to choose weathering, texture, and reflective value for their mechs, among other options: This feature will have a huge impact on how each individual player wants to tackle these challenges.
  • Armored Core Vi has a lot of focus on short missions
  • The game does not have invencbility frames, but you can make builds around attacking paterns and preferences.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I think it could surprise a lot for GOTY contender. It's gonna be a hot year, i don't think it'll have the same buzz, but i also recall we underestimated Sekiro.

Varteras

Gold Member
erection GIF

Jinzo Prime

Here's some gameplay with no commentary if people are interested. This is from the first couple hours, but were limited to what can be shown. Enjoy

The sound effects are unbelievable! Everything is so cool, I don't care if its like the old games or not, I just want to be immersed in mecha fantasy asap!

[Sigma]

Mech fan here, this is day 1. Been 5 years since I played a mech game so im itching to get my hands on this.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
To me the visuals look gorgeous and especially loving animation detail on your AC.

Last edited:
I find it hard to wrap my head around huge mechs the size of medium sized buildings. Casually jumping on pipes and structures that are insanely big? Doesn't make sense. Makes the mechs feel small in scale. To the point you're a human sized figure.

Combat looks fun though.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I like how one video today was saying the graphics aren’t all that, the engine is dated, when will FS update their visuals .

Meanwhile I’m watching 4K footage absolutely floored by the amount of visual eye candy this game is putting out.

In before people crush the reviews for this because, “not souls like”.
It actually pulls in a lot of stuff from Souls that wasn't in Armored Core.

People don't know that AC didn't even have camera lock on like most games of the last 20+ years. The camera being able to be locked on and always facing the enemy is new to AC. Also boss fights are now very Souls-like, with telegraphed attack patterns and multiple phases and shit that will make Souls players die out of sheer joy. I mean Souls didn't invent any of this stuff but it was very conspicuously absent from previous AC titles.

People don't know that AC didn't even have camera lock on like most games of the last 20+ years. The camera being able to be locked on and always facing the enemy is new to AC. Also boss fights are now very Souls-like, with telegraphed attack patterns and multiple phases and shit that will make Souls players die out of sheer joy. I mean Souls didn't invent any of this stuff but it was very conspicuously absent from previous AC titles.
Not sure I like the sound of that. I seem to remember that in early entries, the outcome of sorties and encounters was heavily dependent on your mech build and skill.

Nevertheless...day one.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
With all the games coming out starting next week... I just don't see myself buying and playing AC after watching so,me of the previews. It's just doesn't look like a game I wan't to play as soon as possible, let alone before BG3. They should've delayed the game to like January next year, maybe early February, cuz otherwise it'll get buried under so much huge game releases over the next couple of months.

SkylineRKR

does anyone else find that guy Vaatividya incredibly pretentious? his voice makes me want to punch my own throat.

Yeah, and ofcourse he has to mention Souls many times. Which to me looks as if he never played AC before and doesn't know shit.

He might make lots of Souls content, but AC6 is something entirely else. Nowadays though, anything FROM shits out will be compared to Souls. FROM also made Chromehounds, Tenchu and many other IP. None of their games were anything like Souls.

SkylineRKR

Seems kind of boring?

Not sure why people are hyped over this. Those Elden Ring trailers were lit this was kind of ok.

Its Armored Core. And I played them incidentally since the very first game on the PS1. AC6 to me looks like the most engaging game in the franchise. You should look up the previous entries, they were to myself incredibly boring. I bought 4 once and couldn't get through it.

H4ze

Yeah, and ofcourse he has to mention Souls many times. Which to me looks as if he never played AC before and doesn't know shit.

He might make lots of Souls content, but AC6 is something entirely else. Nowadays though, anything FROM shits out will be compared to Souls. FROM also made Chromehounds, Tenchu and many other IP. None of their games were anything like Souls.
Then you really don't know shit about him.
He is a honest AC fan and just played through every single game and made a awesome video about it.
He is the biggest lore Youtuber for FS games and incredibly detailed in his videos.

GymWolf

I know i sound like a broken record, but this is the zoe3 we never had, the game now play in the exact same way basically, a little bit slower maybe and with less anime cutscenes and way more personalization.

Combat seems absolutely fantastic.

I don't particularly like the fact that missions are brief and you don't really have to explore the big maps, it is kinda wasted that there is no secrets to find or secret bosses or weapons butcypu just do your mission and spend the money on a shop, i would kill a rabbi with a pork chop for a different structure.

Also, a title like this deserve a real time damage system like the one in dead island 2 but for robots, the game would look even better with dynamic damage, parts that hang before falling down, marks from machine guns etc.
Right now the damage system looks ok but hardly mind blowing.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

I understand…but we know how gamers are these days, if it doesn’t live up to their expectation and match what they want the game to be, they call it the worst game ever and give less than average reviews.

Mossybrew

The more I see of this game the more on the fence I am. Probably wait for sale, read some reviews first. Don't care for the boring gray industrial look of everything. Not a fan of games that focus on boss battles. Meh, could be one of those games I really change my mind on once I actually play.

This is all I need for the rest of the year.

EDIT: Ahh shit the scale is crazy in this, kinda got spoiled on something I wish i didn't see lol.
I feel ya. I havent been as impressed by scale since, idk, Zone of the Enders 2.

Maybe Freespace 2, as well.

Its been a long time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom