• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core 6 gameplay previews dropping

rofif

Banned
All I see is a distinct lack of shadows. My brain can't get over it.
Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

get some help

Gojiira

Banned
I was gonna say this.

This series has been largely ignored by the gaming media for decades. But now all of a sudden, because of Souls/Sekiro/Elden Ring making From a critical darling, suddenly everything is now Souls and amazing.
Honestly Vaatis newest vid pisses me off for this same reason, the ‘Assault Dash’ basically boost you forward into a melee attack, and of course he pushes that its like Sekiro…How? Because it staggers? Sorry but AC had stagger mechanics already, it also had attacking dashes in AC:5, all this game is taking from Souls/Sekiro seems to be the more deliberate telegraphed attacks…Its just a really polished AC game..Yeah ‘influencers’ and journos really need to stop being so ignorant and devaluing the work that went into other franchises…

I sometimes wonder these people even enjoy act of playing games or just like to drool over pixels all day.
They just want the hype of the graphics to match the hype of the gameplay. It’s like wanting a game to match it’s concept art.

Doesn’t mean they won’t play it, but I’m sure it’s disappointing to them.

Ovek

7Member7
I can see some AC purists being upset, but I think it looks great. Easy day 1 for me so far.

Guilty_AI

Looks great, probably not playing anytime soon tho (busy year in terms of games n'all).

Also still want to play Daemon X Machina to start getting a taste for these sorts of game.

Last edited:
Honestly Vaatis newest vid pisses me off for this same reason, the ‘Assault Dash’ basically boost you forward into a melee attack, and of course he pushes that its like Sekiro…How? Because it staggers? Sorry but AC had stagger mechanics already, it also had attacking dashes in AC:5, all this game is taking from Souls/Sekiro seems to be the more deliberate telegraphed attacks…Its just a really polished AC game..Yeah ‘influencers’ and journos really need to stop being so ignorant and devaluing the work that went into other franchises…
Memory's fuzzy but a dash attack was also how you get blades waves but I guess technically it's an attack dash since you have to attack first then dash.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The game is god tier, but this preview guy here is atrocious. Speaks like a retard who can't stop saying "souls" every freaking time and comes as a snarky. A terrible reviewer, better watch the video from IGN Japan.
Unfortunately too many people see everything as souls game as if that’s only type of game ever existed.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Only 72 days left. Those previews don't make the wait easier.

It looks so slick that i would love to have a photo mode. The overall mechdesign is so cool and that you can color your own is very neat. Can't wait to see how deep the customization goes.

I was sold on the game from the first announcement so all this new info just further solidified my urge to play this.

I pray for a devastatingly hard game.

I played all the ps1 games when i was a kid and haven't really touched them since. This right here looks better than i could have hoped for. Can't wait!

Gorgon

Well, if From wants to grow, it needs to do different and varrying IPs. Sekiro was a good start, but it was too similar to Dark Souls to really diversify their line up.

If Armored Core 6 ends up being a great game, and they remind everyone that there is a big expansion comming for Elden Ring close to AC 6 launch, I think they will be fine.

They're also working on a first-person fantasy game in the veins of their old Kingdfield and Shadow Tower.

I was gonna say this.

This series has been largely ignored by the gaming media for decades. But now all of a sudden, because of Souls/Sekiro/Elden Ring making From a critical darling, suddenly everything is now Souls and amazing.

It's understandable, it happens all the time. From Software has a lot more exposure now and a lot more people are paying attention, and given that their games are very high-quality then it's obvious people will get excited about the launch of even old franchises they never played. Nothing wrong with that and no point in going for a high-brow, elitist attitude. Would it better if no one cared a fuck and the game would catch only the attention of previous fans? You should be happy a lot of people who didn't have a clue From Softrware existed before Demon's Souls now actually care and have them in high esteem.

EDIT: I do agree with you regarding the "suddenly everything is now Souls" part. It grates.

Last edited:
Looks like a ps3 game geez
Based on how this gen turned out isn't that a compliment? Lol

I love being such a big fan of the traditional souls like From games, but being able to have some variety like this. It looks sick.

I don't get the graphics comments. Looks better than ER to me from a quality standpoint. And that art style is *chefs kiss*

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't get the graphics comments. Looks better than ER to me from a quality standpoint. And that art style is *chefs kiss*
Maybe they have legitimately memory issues of how PS3 games used look like because I have no fucking idea of how someone can look at this game and say it looks like a PS3.

Last edited:
Hoping this game does well and FROM outsources ports or remasters of 4/5. The prices of these games for used copies is insane.
It blew my mind when I started trying these games earlier this year. I wish I had been able to play remastered of those bc the emulator didn't do it for me. There just aren't many good mech games imo.

Maybe they have legitimately memory issues of how PS3 games used look like because I have no fucking idea of how someone can look at this game and say it looks like a PS3.
Yeah I'm kinda baffled. I know the whole "FROM isn't known for their graphics" thing.. and yeah I thought ER was lacking. But this looks a step above to me

It blew my mind when I started trying these games earlier this year. I wish I had been able to play remastered of those bc the emulator didn't do it for me. There just aren't many good mech games imo.
I've got my eye on a used copy of AC5 but it's hard to justify the cost when I've got a deep backlog. Disappointed that FROM's PS1/PS2 catalog isn't up on PS+. Would love to play Kings Field and AC3 on the quad.

Top Bottom