• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core 6 gameplay previews dropping

Gideon

Wasn't sure at first but it's looking like a day 1 cop for me, hopefully they decide to put out a demo.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

They borrow mechanics and Easter egg lore from all their games. Which makes them feel like a woven multiverse.

This is a nothing burger. Stop thinking so highly of yourself, Grubb.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Banned

I wish these people weren’t so ignorant, Lock-on and stagger were in previous games, repair kits technically existed as well. I wish instead of making out like Sekiro/Souls massively influenced the gameplay they would just acknowledge that its simply a much more polished version of a massively overlooked franchise…

splattered

That looks sick... love the look of the customized mech too. Def gonna have to buy this game day 1 in the sea of all the other games... ahhh too many gaaaames.

Nautilus

Banned

splattered

It's been a REALLY long time since i've played any Armored Core games but glancing through some of these videos make the levels look sort of empty when it comes to enemies and that part does worry me a bit.

Fbh

Never played one of these but the more I see of this game the more I want to play it.

I mean, why would they not use what they learned with Dark Souls to improve on what Armored Core is known for?

This seems an odd tweet.

This sounds awesome to me but I do think this game has a hurdle to overcome in that Souls fans will be disappointed that it's not just souls with mechs while Armored Core purists will be upset FROM didnt just stick to the exact same niche 65 metascore formula of the previous games.

But I do think most people will like it and this will probably be the best entry in the franchise both critically and commercially

Last edited:
Ok I love what they are doing with the mechanics in this game. That shield timing where you get a brief moment of like added defense is a nice touch.
The verticality looks great in the more open areas. Also, having to basically unlock a gate to the boss area where you can get ambushed in the process is a good touch.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Bros….this year….

emptying jim thornton GIF by Wheel of Fortune

Nautilus

Banned
Never played one of these but the more I see of this game the more I want to play it.

This sounds awesome to me but I do think this game has a hurdle to overcome in that Souls fans will be disappointed that it's not just souls with mechs while Armored Core purists will be upset FROM didnt just stick to the exact same niche 65 metascore formula of the previous games.

But I do think most people will like it and this will probably the best entry in the franchise both critically and commercially
Well, if From wants to grow, it needs to do different and varrying IPs. Sekiro was a good start, but it was too similar to Dark Souls to really diversify their line up.

If Armored Core 6 ends up being a great game, and they remind everyone that there is a big expansion comming for Elden Ring close to AC 6 launch, I think they will be fine.

MirageMew2

Lol why did people rush to say this was gonna be the farthest thing from Souls? VaatiVidya can’t get enough of its “clear Souls influence”

And frankly neither can I

nikos

I want to like it but I don't think I do so far. Not really interested in locking on (soft or not) in a game that involves shooting. I'd have to try it.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I was gonna make a thread about how Armored core is suppos4ed to release in August and nothing more has been shown. So glad this happened. Day 1.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I like fromsoft, but i have no interest in these types of games.
Im the exact opposite.

I like these type of games, but I have no interest in FROM.

Hopefully this is a success so we get a bunch of clones with 2023 looking graphics.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

I wish these people weren’t so ignorant, Lock-on and stagger were in previous games, repair kits technically existed as well. I wish instead of making out like Sekiro/Souls massively influenced the gameplay they would just acknowledge that its simply a much more polished version of a massively overlooked franchise…
These clowns have never played an AC game before you can't expect to take anything from them seriously.

I was gonna say this.

This series has been largely ignored by the gaming media for decades. But now all of a sudden, because of Souls/Sekiro/Elden Ring making From a critical darling, suddenly everything is now Souls and amazing.

It's been a REALLY long time since i've played any Armored Core games but glancing through some of these videos make the levels look sort of empty when it comes to enemies and that part does worry me a bit.
That's the impression I got as well. It feels emptier but it just might be because of the increased sense of scale and verticality. The more enclosed areas feel right though. The mimic was weird but whatever.

Top Bottom