• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core 6 gameplay previews dropping

Griffon

Does anyone has uncommented raw feed of the gameplay footage?

I really don't care what influencers have to say.

Nautilus

Banned
They're also working on a first-person fantasy game in the veins of their old Kingdfield and Shadow Tower.

It's understandable, it happens all the time. From Software has a lot more exposure now and a lot more people are paying attention, and given that their games are very high-quality then it's obvious people will get excited about the launch of even old franchises they never played. Nothing wrong with that and no point in going for a high-brow, elitist attitude. Would it better if no one cared a fuck and the game would catch only the attention of previous fans? You should be happy a lot of people who didn't have a clue From Softrware existed before Demon's Souls now actually care and have them in high esteem.

EDIT: I do agree with you regarding the "suddenly everything is now Souls" part. It grates.
Oh, a Kings Field or Eternal Ring alike game would be hype!(Yes, I'm the type of weirdo that loved Eternal Ring)

Dr. Suchong

Never really been interested in the Armored core games but this looks too good to ignore.
Since we're probably never going to get a Zone of the Enders sequel, this could be my alternate Mecha fix.
Very cool.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
damn-corey.gif

Naked Lunch

Looks exactly like Armored Core V and VD with longer boost distances and bigger levels.
How everyone is going apeshit over this when they all hated ACV and VD is absolutely hilarious.
Whatever people.

As an AC fan - im glad they finally put a bigger budget behind the series - and im glad the franchise is not dead.

Schmendrick

From was never famous for their technological expertise, in fact that's probably been the biggest weakness of nearly all their games.
However usually their art style more than makes up for the technological shortcomings... It doesn't in this game.
The generic industrial sci fi setting does nothing to distract from the game tech simply looking "old".

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Not sure, but it was some link someone posted here on Gaf, me thinks. There's no official announcement but I think it was actually someone from From that mentioned. Now that you mention it I'd like to know where I saw it too.
Where have you heard this?
Might have been this game, it got a thread sometime back.

However this project has nothing to do with From, its being done by an independent developer. Its merely inspired by Shadow Tower and King’s Field.

Last edited:

Kurimao

TSDA0Rm.jpg

Feels too easy specially for Armored Core for Answer & ZOE fans. Day 1 for me.

Hoping this is the start of boom for the Mecha genre.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
very smooth 30 fps
edit- the first vid is 30 fps the other 2 links are 60
image quality is really good too

Last edited:

Gorgon

Might have been this game, it got a thread sometime back.

However this project has nothing to do with From, its being done by an independent developer. Its merely inspired by Shadow Tower and King’s Field.

Nope, the name of the project is Spellbound and it's definetely from From.

EDIT: I googled around and it's a leak, so the info didn't come from anyone at From as I thought initially, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
You take graphic whoring to whole new level.
Proudly.

I don't buy every game. Premium games only. Along with a few high quality, non-generic indies.

And if you completely ignore the tech in your game, its not worth my investment. Period.

You see the price of this shit?

Screenshot-2023-06-14-at-8-58-57-PM.png

Thats before Tax. Damn near $800 after Tax. I did not buy this thing to play PS4 era games. I did not buy it to play cross gen games.

You see the price of a new game? Fucking $90 dollars. You know how much that is after Tax? $100+ dollars.

Screenshot-2023-06-14-at-8-59-30-PM.png

$100 dollars for every. single. new. game.

Redfall? $100 dollars.
Gollum? $100 dollars.

Whether it be a broken POS, or a last gen looking game, its still $100 dollars.

If you're charging me that much, I will simply not buy it if you completely ignore the tech in your game. Thats why I simply just don't fuck with FROM.

Laugh if you want. Its my money.

Last edited:
Proudly.

I don't buy every game. Premium games only. Along with a few high quality, non-generic indies.

And if you completely ignore the tech in your game, its not worth my investment. Period.

Thats before Tax. Damn near $800 after Tax. I did not buy this thing to play PS4 era games. I did not buy it to play cross gen games.

You see the price of a new game? Fucking $90 dollars. You know how much that is after Tax? $100+ dollars.

Redfall? $100 dollars.
Gollum? $100 dollars.

If you're charging me that much, I will simply not buy it if you completely ignore the tech in your game. Thats why I simply just don't fuck with FROM.

The standard edition will be $60.
Comparing a FromSoft game to Redfall and Gollum lol.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Proudly.

Redfall? $100 dollars.
Gollum? $100 dollars.

Are you one of those people who refuse refuse to read novels because its an "outdated" medium?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Ahh you're Canadian, well alrighty then. Good luck!
Thank you sir, ill need it.

But yes obviously I mean those images I posted were clearly not US prices lol.

If I lived in the states I'd be happily buying every studios game with cross gen graphics. 70 bucks? A steal!

Tell me how you'd feel buying UGLY ass games for 100 bucks.

I am grumpy.

Last edited:

Coconutt

Awesome looking gameplay and mech customization, day 1 for sure. Rooting for model kits so I can try to make my own OC.

Excited Feed Me GIF by Faja Lobi

Last edited:
This game looks sick, it's funny though as a fan of Armored Core since the original PS1 game, and as a fan of Dark Souls and its derivations, to see what look like Souls-style boss fights in an Armored Core game. I guess I'd say it looks like AC4 with more subdued speed and more of a focus on calculated encounter design like the Souls games, but in an entirely different context.

On another note I wish From would release the AC games on PC. Or at least 4 and 4A.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I always found it hard to find a good mech game. I’d play them, but I wouldn’t overly indulge in the game. Some of my favorites are Front Mission 3, Gundam Battle Assault, and that’s about it. Maybe Dynasty Warriors Gundam. I’m hoping this entry is a lot of fun. I’ve owned 2-3 Armored Core games, but I never stuck with the game beyond a handful of missions. I’m hoping they nailed it with this. Introduce some aspects of their other beloved franchises.

I always found it hard to find a good mech game. I’d play them, but I wouldn’t overly indulge in the game. Some of my favorites are Front Mission 3, Gundam Battle Assault, and that’s about it. Maybe Dynasty Warriors Gundam. I’m hoping this entry is a lot of fun. I’ve owned 2-3 Armored Core games, but I never stuck with the game beyond a handful of missions. I’m hoping they nailed it with this. Introduce some aspects of their other beloved franchises.

It's illegal to write something like this without specifying exactly which 2-3 Armored Core games you played previously; as such, I've hired a team of hardy assassins who are currently pointing all of their many powerful guns at the windows of your parents' basement. I'd highly recommend you let us in on exactly which Armored Core games you've played previously so that I can tell you why you played the wrong ones

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's illegal to write something like this without specifying exactly which 2-3 Armored Core games you played previously; as such, I've hired a team of hardy assassins who are currently pointing all of their many powerful guns at the windows of your parents' basement. I'd highly recommend you let us in on exactly which Armored Core games you've played previously so that I can tell you why you played the wrong ones
My first Armored Core was the original game on PS1. It was cool firing off the weapons. I didn’t feel attached to my mech and I played it when it came out on PSN. I was in the mood to play something newer so I bought Last Raven on PSN. I didn’t know what it took to make a fully customizable mech. I jumped in and finished a few missions. I didn’t feel the in-depth, grind like others probably have with their own mech. I had a sense that there was something good there, but just like Virtual On. I get the arcade style experience from what I play.

Front Mission 3 had me customizing my mechs at each city. I was excited to put on new legs, arms, core, weapons, etc. That’s a strategy RPG. I’m a big fan of From Software games, so I thought these quality of life improvements would combine my enjoyment of Front Mission and Souls games. For me, it’s the customization to survive. I’d survive in an Armored Core game, but I didn’t feel the attachment or a grind to get better.

Buggy Loop

So you have some that are saying that the more grounded duels with the enemies reacting more to hits, the lock-on is more souls’y influence

Fighting cowboy who goes « stop taking drugs » if you compare to souls, it’s pure Armored core

And then you have to hardcore Armored core fans already whining that From made this for casuls 😂

Fucking hell, whole spectrum.

I tend to side more on Vaati’s side. The scale of the world and the enemies reacting all make a lot more sense now and feels more like a souls duel that whatever the fuck it was before in AC.

Anyway, can’t wait to play it.

very ac3/4. Looking good

Some points for the noobs becuse so many journos are clowns talking out their ass.

-hit stun / hit states have always been in AC
- Combat flow looks to be traditional AC
- there have always been big boss fights.
- large, often linear stages, with industrial tones have always been a thing.
- ac has always kicked your ass and not given a shit about you
- AC has always had a zone lock with varibles steming from weapon and target system flavor (part choices have always predicated different flavors of zone lock).
- mech design to meet specific missions has always been a thing.
- AC and kings is what birthed soulsbourn / sekiro, not the other way around.

Melee and hit stun animations are looking more humanoid and less mechanical, which im not into but whatever. Its also probably why so many are referencing souls / sekiro, on top of their lack of game history.

Have they removed or consolidated stats? It was mentioned but shit i hope not that much....

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Probably a stupid question (I haven't played any Armored Core games before, but played first three Front Mission games and two ZOTE games) - are these games actually have a story similar to early Front Mission games or ZOTE1-2 or it's just pure gameplay and barebones story?

Pejo

Gold Member
Damn that gameplay looks great. Also love the new mecha art style and part designs, big upgrades all around.

Time to show your hand, Fromsoft:

6NcRMLs.png

Top Bottom