• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus releasing an SMT game on NA PSN tomorrow [SMT: Nocturne - $9.99]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it's related to the Siliconera teaser (from the same Reddit page)
Friendly reminder: the three games we came up with for that clue was Trauma Team (not available on any PlayStation format), Lost Dimension (unlocalised) and SMT Nocturne (a PS2 game).

On reflection, I think the "where did I say PS2?" thing is a bluff, and that it's Nocturne.

How pathetic has become this industry if it needs to hide the re-release fn a 10 years old game to generate hype... just announce it already. Teasing that kind of stuff is just embarrassing really.

Yes, because obviously everyone played those 10-year-old games in the past, and/or nobody wants to play them again on a newer system. At all.

You are now crowned the king of hype. Your particular interest shall now guide our hype levels and properly determine what's best for the majority!

Have physical versions of Nocturne and DDS. But $10 and runs on a PS3 is not a bad deal for anyone who doesn't have them.

I see I didn't read far enough. Hmm... well if it isn't a PS2 title and it isn't a game already on PSN, then that is interesting news for me.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hoping it's Nocturne.

If it's not, I'm going to have to finally hit up Amazon one of these days.

Aeana

I love Persona 1, but the PSP version is almost completely superior, music and sound effects aside! (Oh and the negotiate/escape autobattle glitch)
Well, there is like zero chance they'd release the PS1 version anyway, so I don't know why people are worried.

Bardiche

Please let it be Nocturne. Nocturne is the best game in existence and I would love to be able to experience the game all over again.
I'm cool with the DDS series too, but please be Nocturne.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
For some reason Ghostlight went on and teased my favorite RPG on PS2 back in june 2012:

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/the-ghostlight-roundup said:
Talking about the PSN store, SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 are still making their way through the submissions process. While it’s frustrating and taking way longer than we thought, we’re hoping these two excellent games will soon be making their well deserved debut in the PS2 Classics section of PSN very soon.

Which has still to show up. I'll buy these games in a second if they're ever released. Please tell me good news. Please release these games.

Persona 5. I'm calling it now.

image.php

Astral

Ugh. I couldn't stand Persona 1 and 2. I never beat 2 and the only reason I beat 1 is because the psp version was so easy that I could just autobattle everything. Great characters and story but boring battle system.

Aeana

You think they'd manage to get the PSP version on PS3? What about P2?
I'm saying it's not any version of Persona 1, so people who are freaking out about it don't have anything to worry about. But I still think they shouldn't, because Persona 1 is good. :(

FSLink

Banned
SMT PS1 with the iOS translation maybe (just kidding, this isn't happening).

I'd like Nocturne, anything else will be kind of disappointing.

Tenrius

I'm hoping for Nocturne, but it seems that Raidou 2 is more likely at this point, which would be awesome as well. The best option would be of course to get all the PS2 games.

I'm saying it's not any version of Persona 1, so people who are freaking out about it don't have anything to worry about. But I still think they shouldn't, because Persona 1 is good. :(

I'll come join the P1 Defense Force. It's a little aged but it's still a perfectly good dungeon crawler once you get into it. Admittedly, I had to restart the game after five hours of play (and a two-year break), but the second time I managed to finish it!

P.S. Brown is worst party member. He's partially responsible for tanking my first playthrough because I did not. like. him. at. all. (I hear he actually improves a lot by the end of the game, though.)

TraBuch

Banned
Atlus now owns the rights to Shadow Hearts and wil be releasing all three games on PSN tomorrow, as well as Koudelka.

You heard it here first.

Tenrius

Not a PS2 title.

That pretty much leaves PS1 Persona 1 on the table, because there's no way they're going to release a new localisation with zero forewarning or advertising.

Apparently it's related to the Siliconera teaser (from the same Reddit page)

And it may not be a PS2 title.

Someone on twitter said that it could really mean multiple PS2 games, and I think that might be true. Then again, "I don't recall saying it was a PS2 game" doesn't really mean that it's not a PS2 game, just that he didn't say it, lol. But oh well, for all we know it might be some kind of DLC for Persona 4 Arena.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yes, because obviously everyone played those 10-year-old games in the past, and/or nobody wants to play them again on a newer system. At all.

You are now crowned the king of hype. Your particular interest shall now guide our hype levels and properly determine what's best for the majority!
Did you misread his comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom