• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus releasing an SMT game on NA PSN tomorrow [SMT: Nocturne - $9.99]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

Someone on reddit pointed out there's a USB memory card adapter that you should check your local game store for if you're super serious. Amazon prices apparently are ridiculous.

Beyond that, I have no idea where you'd put the save to make the game recognize it, soooooo.... :\
I own this adapter. The saves go in a PS2 memory card folder just like for the PS1 saves. But if they don't work with PS2 Classics then it's not much use, then.

randomkid

No Nocturne please. I got the game couple of years ago when they reprinted it. It was soooo hard, I cried after playing it (not literally).

DDS 1&2 were less difficult than Nocturne, why not them.

A lot of people think DDS is actually harder since you've got less flexibility to deal with a roadblock boss.

If you beat DDS you should give Nocturne another shot, I bet you'd do a lot better.

Shiiiiiiit, DDS1 and 2 means I am gonna drop $20 on PSN tomorrow.

My wallet is still hurting from the 99 cent sale, Golden Week sale, and Tactics Ogre.

18-Volt

A lot of people think DDS is actually harder since you've got less flexibility to deal with a roadblock boss.

If you beat DDS you should give Nocturne another shot, I bet you'd do a lot better.

Were they? I actually don't remember how hard they were, I used to have enough free time to grind back then. I should give another shot to Nocturne then.

EdLin

Neo Member
I already have Nocturne, and a BC PS3 to play it on, so I'm hoping it's DDS at a lower price than physical. (How much is DDS going for nowadays?)

Meia

Maybe this guy is on to something....

tumblr_lnzjlmTQcs1qbv8wko1_500.gif

Goody

I could see a translation of one of the PS1 ports happening if it's not one (or two) of the PS2 games. I know people have been saying that there's been no fanfare, but does there have to be a big build up? Releasing it and having a fanfare day of release doesn't seem too weird, but I'm also not familiar with how Atlus does their marketing.

Raidou 2 doesn't seem likely since I don't recall there being such a tease for the first. Don't see the oddly American-ized Persona 1 happening either. Can't wait to see what it is.
Maybe this guy is on to something....
Oh.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yes, please.

Dante version would be the best outcome possible, but I'm ok with Raidou as well.

Rubbish.

Raidou >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dante.

And Raidou learned Pierce too, unlike that suck-ass Dante.

PLEASE BE NOCTURNE. I WILL RAISE AN ALTAR IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CITY TO BUILD AND WORSHIP ATLUS STATUE IF IT'S NOCTURNE.

vag 2.0

re: europe at least with psn you can just login to a us account and buy it there

mind, knowing atlus they've probably leveraged an innovative new way to region lock downloads

draetenth

No Nocturne please. I got the game couple of years ago when they reprinted it. It was soooo hard, I cried after playing it (not literally).

DDS 1&2 were less difficult than Nocturne, why not them.

Really? I found the DDS games to be very difficult compared to Nocturne. The main problem I had was that people would keep leaving in DDS 1 so I never knew who to build up. At least in Nocturne, You had the MC and then 3 demons who were always there.

ohlawd

there was this one part in DDS1 that made me wanna kill myself for not getting Dekunda and Dekaja. Combo skills dropped my damage output so uhh yeah that alone > Nocturne's maingame

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The phone call in question:

"Hey Capcom, we are going to drop Nocturne tmrw! U cool with Dante still being in there?"

"Dante? Who dafuq is that?! SOme Megabro villain or sumfin? He isn't related to Donte is he?! That's our new breadwinner!(wait for E3!)"

PCH

Neo Member
I own this adapter. The saves go in a PS2 memory card folder just like for the PS1 saves. But if they don't work with PS2 Classics then it's not much use, then.

To transfer saves (or convert)all you need:
PS2 Classics GUI tool
and
MyMC save tool

-make a Blank VMC on the PS3
-transfer that .VME file to PC and decrypt it using PS2 Classics GUI
-rename the decrypyted .VMC as .PS2 and open in MyMC
-import the save you want into it and close MyMC.
-rename the .PS2 file back to .VMC,
-encrypt using PS2 Classics GUI
-overwrite as the original .VME
-transfer back to PS3

Sophia

To transfer saves (or convert)all you need:
PS2 Classics GUI tool
and
MyMC save tool

-make a Blank VMC on the PS3
-transfer that .VME file to PC and decrypt it using PS2 Classics GUI
-rename the decrypyted .VMC as .PS2 and open in MyMC
-import the save you want into it and close MyMC.
-rename the .PS2 file back to .VMC,
-encrypt using PS2 Classics GUI
-overwrite as the original .VME
-transfer back to PS3

PS2 classics do not use virtual memory cards. This will not work.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Probably not DDS, because of the technical issues that pop up when trying to emulate it (or maybe that was just DDS2... well, whatever.)

I'd assume Nocturne.

I played the DDS series on my software-BC PS3 and had no problems at all...

PCH

Neo Member
PS2 classics do not use virtual memory cards. This will not work.

Oh yes, ps2 classic actually do,instead being called VM2(as standard ps2 virtual save), the classic files are created as two memory cards VME (and PARAM.SFO file with 20 byte injected as "signed" when you transfer to USB).But it is still virtual memory card,it just get mounted(or un-mounted) when you start(quit) specific game.This is why you decrypt with ps2 classic gui.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
False. Dante's moveset is the coolest thing in the whole game.
Even if less effective against Lucifer.

Come_at_me_bro.jpg

DANTE DOESN'T HAVE A TALKING CAT.

Well you guys can stop guessing because it's actually already been said what it is in this thread if you look closely.

Waat, DDS1+2?

Well I never played DDS1 so if it's that then it's cool... Much prefer Nocturne though. Or Raidou 2 so I can have Raidou 1 + 2 combo in my PS3....

Tizoc

Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.

Not 'a ps2 games' but two ps2 games.

I would love Nocturne, but the reasons for not putting that game on the PSN seem pretty clear.

If its all 3 then I will cream EVERYONE'S JEANS.

...but the twitter reply simply states 'Don't recall saying it was a PS2 title...'
Where are you getting 'a ps2 games' from?

...but the twitter reply simply states 'Don't recall saying it was a PS2 title...'
Where are you getting 'a ps2 games' from?

..Ok

So pretend I wrote 'not a ps2 title, but 2 ps2 titles.'

I can't think of any reason why title vs game would matter.

Between the Tachibana thing that was found in the Siliconera teaser, and the fact that we know it's an SMT game, it's probably going to be Nocturne, possibly the Raidou edition. (Chiaki Hayasaka is Chiaki Tachibana in the Japanese version apperently)

kick51

Banned
Between the Tachibana thing that was found in the Siliconera teaser, and the fact that we know it's an SMT game, it's probably going to be Nocturne, possibly the Raidou edition. (Chiaki Hayasaka is Chiaki Tachibana in the Japanese version apperently)

holy fuck, i suddenly can't unsee the mustache.

i've been a fan of nocturne since launch, but this is the first time i've really seen it! D:

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Oh come on man... don't do this to my poor heart please ;_______;

Mortemis

Banned
I've already played the shit out of Nocturne so many times and if it came out on psn I'd still be excited. Please Atlus.

edit: I really wouldn't mind DDS though. Just give me something good.

Squire

Banned

I feel like the fact we're not talking about the JP version sort of makes that theory fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom