• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus releasing an SMT game on NA PSN tomorrow [SMT: Nocturne - $9.99]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost_Ace

So if it's Nocturne I could download it on a Vita right? Or do ps2 games work only on PS3/4?

Portable Nocturne would make me buy a Vita.

TheChaos0

Atlus, this is EU here, can we have some PSN stuff too? Like Eternal Punishment and whatever you are releasing now. In this lifetime please.

Signed,

Yurop

Dantis

You're disappointed that Atlus' greatest game is on PSN?

Yes, because I have Nocturne and I have finished it.

I have not got Raidou 2 and have not finished it (Or even played it).
Also Persona 3 and 4 are better than Nocturne, come at me bro.
I believe he's disappointed on a personal level, not on a quality level.

Correct! I love Nocturne, but like I say, I already own it. Also the battle theme is better than boss theme so blah.

Dantis

The only English mainline game I've yet to play.
Hopefully Nocturne is more fun than boring IV.

That depends what you disliked about 4. Nocturne is very, very heavy on gameplay and very minimal on story. And I think SMT4 used an adapted version of Nocturne's combat system?

Nocturne looks significantly prettier and sounds significantly better though.

Mozendo

That depends what you disliked about 4. Nocturne is very, very heavy on gameplay and very minimal on story. And I think SMT4 used an adapted version of Nocturne's combat system?

Nocturne looks significantly prettier and sounds significantly better though.

My biggest complaint is that IV's difficulty lowered as you went through. Early mid-game I was one shotting everything and the only challenge came from bosses.

At first it was cool seeing myself overpowered, but after an hour or two the coolness wore off.

Dantis

My biggest complaint is that IV's difficulty lowered as you went through. Early mid-game I was one shotting everything and the only challenge came from bosses.

At first it was cool seeing myself overpowered, but after an hour or two the coolness wore off.

Nah, that's not a problem with Nocturne. It's a reasonably challenging game.

You probably won't like it then especially if you're going through the Labryinth of Amala at decent pace with the main story. Even playing at the highest difficulty, you'll have a setup that can pretty much demolish any non-boss character. Only difference is that SMT III doesn't allow you to pick and choose inheritance skills so you'll be backing out and redoing fusions to get the skills you want.

tumblr_ma71sbI8SR1qh9pbio1_500.png

Bleep

Nocturne is one of my favourite RPGs, but I just replayed it on PS2 6 months ago!

You probably won't like it then especially if you're going through the Labryinth of Amala at decent pace with the main story. Even playing at the highest difficulty, you'll have a setup that can pretty much demolish any non-boss character. Only difference is that SMT III doesn't allow you to pick and choose inheritance skills so you'll be backing out and redoing fusions to get the skills you want.

A whole new wave of people will be able to enjoy the thrill of backing in and out of menus to get their perfect team with pierce of every party member.

Tenrius

Nocturne is one of my favourite RPGs, but I just replayed it on PS2 6 months ago!

A whole new wave of people will be able to enjoy the thrill of backing in and out of menus to get their perfect team with pierce of every party member.

Oh the happy memories.

I would have preferred DDS, but I don't own Nocturne either, so great news.

everybody please buy this so maybe we get DDS 1/2

Atlas157

Awesome. I haven't played Nocturne yet so I'll get it.

I hear the bosses can be very unforgiving. How does it compare to SMT IV and DDS?

DryvBy

Is DDS or Nocturne anything like Persona? There was another PS2 SMT game that I bought and I did not enjoy the combat at all (Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army).

Dantis

Awesome. I haven't played Nocturne yet so I'll get it.

I hear the bosses can be very unforgiving. How does it compare to SMT IV and DDS?

It's a lot tougher than DDS, I thought. Though that may be because I played through DDS after I'd finished Nocturne, so I was more familiar with the systems.

Is DDS or Nocturne anything like Persona? There was another PS2 SMT game that I bought and I did not enjoy the combat at all (Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army).

The director of Nocturne and DDS1 also did Persona 3 and 4, so there are a lot of similarities.

Nocturne is almost entirely dungeon crawling though. The story is very minimal. This applies to DDS too, though to a lesser extent. Neither game has even a fraction of the story content that Persona 3 and 4 have.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Atlus, this is EU here, can we have some PSN stuff too? Like Eternal Punishment and whatever you are releasing now. In this lifetime please.

Signed,

Yurop

Atlus has already given Europe an Eternal Punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom