• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I think I've finally exhausted Sleepy Dog's potential. I got every collectible, bought every car and outfit, and then just dicked around beating up civilians and outrunning/slaughtering cops for about six hours straight. I think I can retire it now.

Gods, what a fun game though. Really want to watch more Heroic Bloodsheds now. Saw Hard Boiled the other day, rad as shit.

Ydahs

Not sure if this is where I should post, but does anyone here know why Aus/NZ didn't get Trine 2 or Mighty Switch Force on the Wii U shop? Seems weird to me...

My guess is the publishers couldn't be bothered to pay the funds to have the games rated.

One of the developers posted here on GAF that it will be hitting the AU eShop mid December, around the time they're planning to release a major update for the game. It didn't make launch because they submitted it for rating a little too late, but as soon as the rating has been given, they'll try to have it up ASAP.

Nemesis_

Random question guys

Anyone know how to get the Wii U Gamepad working with a Kogan TV? Apparently the brand isn't listed in the brand listing and I have a friend wanting to get things synced.

Any way at all?

And added Grant Denyer.

grant-denyer-420-420x0.jpg

Drop Watson? Man. Big call. He's obviously not 100%, but when he's on he's close to our best player.

I'd go:

Cowan
Hughes
Watson
Khawaja
Clarke
Huss
Wade
Johnson
Siddle
Starc
Lyon

Hilf twelth man

I'm not sure about the order of the tail end. I just put them in as bowlers.

Hughes comes in to replace Hussey when he retires. Probably not that far down the order as Huss is though

Shit. I didn't mean to drop Warner. Him in, Hughes out until Hussey retires.

Also the wallabies have the toughest world cup pool by a mile. England and Wales, at home? We might not get to the semis

Awesome photo cods.
That is one gorgeous looking picture.
Wow... That is awesome. Gotta get back to Japan one of these days/months/...years
Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying the pics. If there's demand I'll keep posting them here, if not you can always follow on Flickr or Twitter.

Here's a bonus Instagram shot of rainy Osaka at 2am (was a bit drunk, had been playing Journey and drinking at a video game bar):
a855d07c1c6911e289de22000a1cf722_6.jpg

legend166

My team for Hobart:

Warner
Cowan
Hughes
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Wade
Siddle
Starc
Bird
Lyon

Don't know much about Bird, but his Shield stats are getting to the point where you can't ignore them.

Starc is a better option than Johnson at this point I feel, simply because he's got more long term upside. Obviously if Pattinson and/or Cummins were fit they'd replace him in the side.

Hughes is the leading run scorer in the Shield so far this season, so he deserves another crack.

Watson isn't a top three batsman. We need to play him as an all rounder.

Something tells me we're going to get a Siddle/Hilfenhaus/Johnson pace attack though, even though it's failed over and over again over the last several years.

Fredescu

Clarke has always failed at 3. When they moved him back down the order he suddenly became good again. I seem to remember a similar thing happening with Steve Waugh. God knows why.

Fredescu

Clarke has always failed at 3. When they moved him back down the order he suddenly became good again. I seem to remember a similar thing happening with Steve Waugh. God knows why.
Maybe this isn't actually true. He actually sucks at four and has only been tried at three once.

YMZWz.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
made myself a nice christmas purchase on amazon today, about $100

1 of An Idiot Abroad Box Set - Series 1 and 2 [Blu-ray][Region Free]
1 of Human Planet [Blu-ray][Region Free]
1 of The Office 10th Anniversary Edition - Complete Series 1 & 2 and the Christmas Specials [DVD]
1 of Hyperdrive - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
1 of Sherlock - Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD]
1 of Red Dwarf: Series 1-8 [DVD] [1998]

You would love Netflix.

Fredescu

Channel 9 should use this opportunity to go back to a two man commentary box. Three people is stupid and has always been stupid.

legend166

I'm a fan of Mark Taylor. That's about it though. Healy never, ever shuts up and Slater has taken whole 'WOAH I'M EXCITED' shtick way too far.

jambo

Benaud, Lawry, Greig and Taylor are the reason I love watching cricket, it's going to suck in the next few years as they all retire and new people come in.

Fredescu

Here's Steve Waugh's test averages at various positions by the way. Averages at 50+ at five and six, 30+ at three and four.

be0ZF.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
I have an account, just too much hassle to watch anything with all the dns shit that slows everything down

Using a DNS redirector like Unblock Us doesn't slow anything down though, only VPN slows down your connection due to the encryption overhead.

Just mentioned it because I'm fairly sure all the TV series you just bought are up on Netflix at the moment.

Deeku

Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying the pics. If there's demand I'll keep posting them here, if not you can always follow on Flickr or Twitter.

Here's a bonus Instagram shot of rainy Osaka at 2am (was a bit drunk, had been playing Journey and drinking at a video game bar):
a855d07c1c6911e289de22000a1cf722_6.jpg
Oooh eerie! Shrine photo was v. awesome too!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Using a DNS redirector like Unblock Us doesn't slow anything down though, only VPN slows down your connection due to the encryption overhead.

Just mentioned it because I'm fairly sure all the TV series you just bought are up on Netflix at the moment.
It's sooo slow on my 3ds tho :( has to stop to buffer constantly

Shaneus

Ahahaha, that's fucking fantastic.

Unblock US is the greatest thing ever. The best thing is being able to download the BBC Sport app on PS3 and watch the F1 in HD live with very little buffer problems. Magical.

Rezbit

Don't know much about Bird, but his Shield stats are getting to the point where you can't ignore them.

Starc is a better option than Johnson at this point I feel, simply because he's got more long term upside. Obviously if Pattinson and/or Cummins were fit they'd replace him in the side.

Hughes is the leading run scorer in the Shield so far this season, so he deserves another crack.

Watson isn't a top three batsman. We need to play him as an all rounder.

Something tells me we're going to get a Siddle/Hilfenhaus/Johnson pace attack though, even though it's failed over and over again over the last several years.

You raise a good point, that I think we're at the point with our team where the guys doing really well in Shield just need to get a run while they're young enough. Hughes is 24 now and Bird is 25 IIRC. Their results pretty much speak for themselves. If that is the pace attack I will stop watching cricket haha, no way that's getting 20 wickets a match.

Yeah I'd be a bit loathe to move Clarke anywhere else with his white hot form. Hussey is versatile, maybe move him up one so Watto can drop down the order - no way he's a number 3.

Can't wait to have wall to wall Taylor / Healy / Slater

Oh jeez. Taylor is okay sometimes, but Healy is so fucking annoying. Slats too, dude if you're going to laugh at your own crappy jokes take the damn microphone away from your face. Also, odds on Punter having a guest commentary slot in Hobart???

Kritz

Banned
Kung Fu Panda's a decent film, but the greatest animated film has to be Ratatouille. That film is perfect in so many ways it's hard to describe. But it also has the best 'sad' Pixar scene out of all of Pixar's sad Pixar Scenes. I can't think of any other that gets close. People too often say that Up's intro was amazing, which it was, but Up's sad scene was setting context for the entire film, where as Ratatouille's sad scene was given context by the entire film - and its entire film was much better than Up's.

Sorry, blabbing.

markot

Banned
Kung Fu Panda's a decent film, but the greatest animated film has to be Ratatouille. That film is perfect in so many ways it's hard to describe. But it also has the best 'sad' Pixar scene out of all of Pixar's sad Pixar Scenes. I can't think of any other that gets close. People too often say that Up's intro was amazing, which it was, but Up's sad scene was setting context for the entire film, where as Ratatouille's sad scene was given context by the entire film - and its entire film was much better than Up's.

Sorry, blabbing.

which

Sorry, blabbing.
I share this mans opinion.

Jintor

I didn't see Ratatouille because the main character was a rat.

I should probably rectify this

Hey cod your photos are excellent

I just spent like 3 hours mucking around with html/css and tumblr themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom