• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon likes being compared to "Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh.... WTF?! It's not a good thing to be compared to them you freaking crazy maniac unless you enjoy tormenting people.. This is going to be crazy.

Trump's chief White House strategist told the Hollywood Reporter that he benefited from left-wing media outlets that labeled him as evil.
"Darkness is good," Bannon told the publication.
He added: "Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing."

http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-bannon-donald-trump-satan-darth-vader-2016-11

Mod Edit:
“Darkness is good,” says Bannon, who amid the suits surrounding him at Trump Tower, looks like a graduate student in his T-shirt, open button-down and tatty blue blazer — albeit a 62-year-old graduate student. “Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they—“ I believe by “they” he means liberals and the media, already promoting calls for his ouster “—get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.”
He absolutely — mockingly — rejects the idea that this is a racial line. “I’m not a white nationalist, I’m a nationalist. I’m an economic nationalist,” he tells me. “The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f—ed over. If we deliver—” by "we" he means the Trump White House "—we’ll get 60 percent of the white vote, and 40 percent of the black and Hispanic vote and we’ll govern for 50 years. That’s what the Democrats missed, they were talking to these people with companies with a $9 billion market cap employing nine people. It’s not reality. They lost sight of what the world is about.”
“Like [Andrew] Jackson’s populism, we’re going to build an entirely new political movement,” he says. “It’s everything related to jobs. The conservatives are going to go crazy. I’m the guy pushing a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan. With negative interest rates throughout the world, it’s the greatest opportunity to rebuild everything. Ship yards, iron works, get them all jacked up. We’re just going to throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks. It will be as exciting as the 1930s, greater than the Reagan revolution — conservatives, plus populists, in an economic nationalist movement.”
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...trategist-plots-new-political-movement-948747

giphy.gif

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
And here I thought I couldn't be surprised by the GOP anymore.

Red

Darth Vader redeemed himself. Milton's Satan is at least a heroic figure. Ambition toward Cheney is the real danger here.

Alavard

Isn't he basically just saying 'they can call us whatever bad names they want to - it only gives us more attention, and thus, more power' ?

I really think most of you are reading this wrong. I hate the guy, but I really think he's saying they're being mislabeled with these names, and those attacks help them.

And some Evangelicals justified their vote for Trump by saying God can work through evil people. Like, they literally admitted to voting for someone they knew was evil.

Kusagari

He's saying that the comparisons to figures like Vader and Satan only help them because people will see the comparisons as foolish and it will help them gain support.

Duke said this exact same shit about the evil talk with Trump earlier in the election.

Zackat

I had to double check this wasn't the onion. Geez.

He's saying that the comparisons to figures like Vader and Satan only help them because people will see the comparisons as foolish and it will help them gain support.

Duke said this exact same shit about the evil talk with Trump earlier in the election.
The Overton Window is getting jerked around pretty good lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom