• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman The Brave and the Bold (Wii) Debut Trailer

Double D

I was kinda into it until they showed gameplay footage. Didn't realize you could just release flash games on major consoles.

MightyKAC

For a moment I thought I was looking at a Flash game. :p

But whatever, I'll probably rent then buy it if I like it.

Edit: LOL beaten.

Zoc

OK, Wayforward, this is simple. You want to make a 60s camp Batman, great! Step one: get Adam West on board. If you can't get him, give up.

scitek

Vik_Vaughn said:
I was kinda into it until they showed gameplay footage. Didn't realize you could just release flash games on major consoles.
21c6v7p.jpg

Zoc said:
OK, Wayforward, this is simple. You want to make a 60s camp Batman, great! Step one: get Adam West on board. If you can't get him, give up.

It's based on the cartoon of the same name, blame them for not having Adam West involved, not Wayforward.

Haunted

People were mourning the (wrongly perceived) death of the classic 2d beat 'em up in that thread about dead genres, at least you guys should be happy.

I think it looks pretty damn good. They completely nailed the art style of the show, but WayForward is a great dev, so I'm not surprised.

Penguin

Zoc said:

Or base it on the show in which the game takes its name from. :lol

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Looks Cool, show me more of it in action and I think I might jsut purcahse it if not rent it.

Dascu

I want a nice Batman beat-'m-up with the art direction from The Animated Series. Shame the last-gen entries that tried this were pretty terrible.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Haunted said:
People were mourning the (wrongly perceived) death of the classic 2d beat 'em up in that thread about dead genres, at least you guys should be happy.

I think it looks pretty damn good. They completely nailed the art style of the show, but WayForward is a great dev, so I'm not surprised.

Only great on original products or ones based on gaming franchises. Their licensed output otherwise seems to leave a lot to be desired.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
one thing people should realize about wayforward

well received games:
a boy and his blob wii
mighty flip champs
lit
shantae
contra 4

okay received games:
sigma star saga (i quite liked it, actually)

other games made since 2000:
baseball blast wii
spongebob squarepants: fists of foam
nicktoons: android invasion
where the wild things are
space chimps
shrek the 3rd: ogres and donkeys
duck amuck
barbie the 12 dancing princesses
spongebob squarepants: kreature from krusty krab
american dragon: jake long, attack of the dragon
ping pals
american dragon: jake long, rise of the huntsclan
justice league heroes: the flash
x-men the official game gba
unfabulous gba
barbie the 12 dancing princesses gba

wayforward is a great dev, but they're also a work-for-hire for licensed titles.

schlew

Good lord that looks great. WayForward came through, I was really hoping for a 2D beat-em-up. Looks perfect, but I really hope WB gives them the time to make this right. Seeing as how it's licenced but not really tied to any impending release, I'm somewhat relieved.

Looks great! Nicely detailed animations and the style is very fitting. At first I was surprised that so many people think it looks bad, but then I remembered I was on NeoGAF where everybody thinks everything sucks.

Double D

scitek said:
http://i48.tinypic.com/21c6v7p.jpg/IMG]

It's based on the cartoon of the same name, blame them for not having Adam West involved, not Wayforward.[/QUOTE]

Right, but that was like, 'Hey this flash game is so awesome we need to make a version of it for consoles'. This footage literally looks like something I'd stumble upon at Kongregate.

Dascu

nincompoop said:
Looks great! Nicely detailed animations and the style is very fitting. At first I was surprised that so many people think it looks bad, but then I remembered I was on NeoGAF where everybody thinks everything sucks.
1. I'm not fond of the art direction of this animated show in general.
2. I think the characters and the backgrounds don't mesh well. Backgrounds look kinda sloppy and it gives the game that Flash look.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
This is the game I wish Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law was.

markatisu

Looks like the cartoon and is 2-D side scrolling. Not really sure where the issues are besides people not liking the use of the Batman license

The show is pretty faithful to the old 60's comics and if it takes Flash to get the art style that vivid then what is the problem?

cacildo

Im almost 30. I played 2d games most of my life. Im tired of it. I want 3d games with (well implemented) motion control - something new and innovative

So no, i wont buy this.
And i could be ok with it IF the wii had normal 3d games coming, but since the wii has almost 2 games coming out for the rest of this year, then no, im not ok with this 2D batman crap.

Fuck this flash shit.

gamingeek

I was expecting a crappy 3D 3rd person game.

This is a welcome suprise. Looks good. I used to love scrolling beat em ups. Love the style and music, animations etc.

Haunted

HK-47 said:
Only great on original products or ones based on gaming franchises. Their licensed output otherwise seems to leave a lot to be desired.
Hm, that is not untrue. Wait and see, I guess.

ReiGun said:
Trailer looked cool. Needs more Aquaman though.

outrageous.jpg
:lol

Eteric Rice

cacildo said:
Im almost 30. I played 2d games most of my life. Im tired of it. I want 3d games with (well implemented) motion control - something new and innovative

So no, i wont buy this.
And i could be ok with it IF the wii had normal 3d games coming, but since the wii has almost 2 games coming out for the rest of this year, then no, im not ok with this 2D batman crap.

Fuck this flash shit.

This is 2010, we've been doing 3D since around 1996, 2D making a small come back isn't a bad thing.

Also, this looks pretty fun. Sort of reminds me of a beat em up mixed with Bionic Commando.

Top Bottom