• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman The Brave and the Bold (Wii) Debut Trailer

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
BloodySinner said:
Why the fuck is this only on the Wii?!
I know! Everyone knows that eight year olds who watch this show own PS3s, right!?

(It was a toss-up between this and "grah! Why was Bayonetta only for the PS360? Wii owners want to play too!")

Burai

shitonmychest57
cacildo said:
Im almost 30. I played 2d games most of my life. Im tired of it. I want 3d games with (well implemented) motion control - something new and innovative

So no, i wont buy this.

I'm almost 30 too and your timescales are all fucked up. Games have been primarily 3D since 1995, making mainstream 3D console gaming 15 years old. By contrast, the NES launched in 1985, making 2D gaming just ten years old. There were, indeed, 2D games before then, but we were both far too young to be able to play them in any meaningful way.

The only way what you say can be true is if you were somehow forced or chose to play only 2D games through a large chunk of the 3D era. And that's the developer's fault how?

mik said:
That looks pretty neat. But ROFL @ that title. Sounds like a superhero-themed soap opera.

...or a 60 year old comic book.

Oh.... wait.

1-1.jpg

Looks pretty cool though. Will buy at $20

Haunted

kinggroin said:
I really hate that somehow, GAF has made me feel ashamed for thinking something like this looks pretty kick ass.
Then we have done our job. Thinking a Wii game looks pretty kick ass. smh

Disgusting.

On a related note, I have The Music Meister constantly on in the background, it's so damn catchy. :lol Damn you Penguin for linking that!

Speevy

Banned
As strange as it sounds, the game isn't animated enough. I don't really know how else to say it. Should be more lively than A Boy and His Blob. You are a crime fighter afterall.

V_Ben

Banned
Haunted said:
Then we have done our job. Thinking a Wii game looks pretty kick ass. smh

Disgusting.

On a related note, I have The Music Meister constantly on in the background, it's so damn catchy. :lol Damn you Penguin for linking that!

I'm listening to it too. so bloody catchy :lol

But yeah, this looks like it's probably solid, enjoyable stuff. I'll keep an eye on it :D

LSauchelli said:
Can't someone be hyped for both games?

Sure; but only if you really, really like Tenchu under Batman skins.

And seriously? Bad art? Ok.

Arkham Asylum is fucking hideous as are most games this generation. How they went from this:

23iecs1.jpg

to this:

16bd46q.jpg

boggles my mind.

Gears of Batwar can fuck right off until they can get the shit to look closer to the concept art, and not like - to paraphrase a friend, "A steroid bus crashed into the Animated Series voice cast."

Speevy said:
That concept Batman has more muscles than the screenshot you posted.

It's not the muscles that make the game look like shit.

It's the grotesque bloom lighting and strangely reflective skin. It's a very, very visually unappealing game.

I can't pin it on Batman though, this entire generation is awash in bad graphics and terrible frame rates; with rare glimpses of amazing. Hopefully next generation is less fucking freakish looking.

Speevy

Banned
I won't disagree with you there, but I blame the gameplay variety and genre coverage rather than the visuals.

Any word on WB releasing proper seasons of this series on DVD or do they want to keep at that retarded fucking "BEST OF" episodes disk SHIT? >:|

It's like they WANT me to pirate their shit. . . come on guys, seriously! That and Spectacular Spiderman. . .

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The Take Out Bandit said:
DKR is fun as DKR. DK:SA, was fun as well. Like crazy fanfic and SA is about the point where Frank Miller started to take the money and run, while skirting Garth Ennis level biting the hand that feeds him.

Problem is Miller turned Batman from "A guy in a cape" to the power leveling asshat that most ill-informed non comic readers pitch Batman as. For all the bitching non-comic readers do about "Blah blah Superman is boring, he can beat anyone!" They never look at all the BULLSHIT writers have concocted post-Miller that turned Batman into an invincible one ups-man.

</lol prep time>

Not enough Unreal Engine and bloom lighting for GAF!

That was Morrison's doing mainly, especially in his Justice League run. Not Miller IMO.

HK-47 said:
That was Morrison's doing mainly, especially in his Justice League run. Not Miller IMO.

Not really.

Morrison's JLA run was pretty fun and I actually enjoyed how
the white martians underestimated Batman because he was human.
If you want to pin it on some one post-Miller then I'd go with Mark Waid IIRC in that shit Tower of Babel storyline which is DKR fanfic to the 10th power and then some.

Morrison's recent Batman run has been pretty crap IMO, but I suspect that's more to do with him being Grant Morrison and DC / Marvel letting him do whatever the fuck he wants; despite it being pretty obvious all the drugs are really fucking with his brain. :\

Penguin

Any word on WB releasing proper seasons of this series on DVD or do they want to keep at that retarded fucking "BEST OF" episodes disk SHIT? >:|

It's like they WANT me to pirate their shit. . . come on guys, seriously! That and Spectacular Spiderman. . .

I actually checked because we're like half way through season 2 now, but it seems they are gonna do dumb half season sets now. So season 1 part 1 is out in August.

At least, Spec Spiderman has season 1 on DVD! :(

Penguin said:
I actually checked because we're like half way through season 2 now, but it seems they are gonna do dumb half season sets now. So season 1 part 1 is out in August.

At least, Spec Spiderman has season 1 on DVD! :(

Blech!

That's really inconvenient for us old coot fans who like to watch seasons of stuff. :p

Last I checked Spiderman wasn't out in a full season; but now I know so I'll Netflix it. Thanks.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
HEY GUYS I DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAVE AND THE BOLD IS BUT GOD DAMN THIS IS NOTHING LIKE SOME OTHER BATMAN SHOW I LIKE SO IT SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

thetrin said:
HEY GUYS I DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAVE AND THE BOLD IS BUT GOD DAMN THIS IS NOTHING LIKE SOME OTHER BATMAN SHOW I LIKE SO IT SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS
:lol

This show made Aquaman AWESOME! How can anybody hate that? It's done the impossible I tell you!

Because I know you cocksmacks won't actually read comics and see Aquamans best moment in New Frontier.

ReiGun

Penguin said:
By the by, has anyone seen the new episode with The Flashes?
Just saw it. Was lacking the usual BatB humor, but still really good. I especially liked the pre-episode teaser, with the fully formed and trained Outsiders.

GDGF

Soothsayer
:lol

This show made Aquaman AWESOME! How can anybody hate that? It's done the impossible I tell you!

Fuck yeah it did. Aquaman is my favorite character on the show.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
thetrin said:

if your stance is that only fans of a license have a right to pass judgment on licensed games, then i have to disagree.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Burai said:
I'm almost 30 too and your timescales are all fucked up. Games have been primarily 3D since 1995, making mainstream 3D console gaming 15 years old. By contrast, the NES launched in 1985, making 2D gaming just ten years old. There were, indeed, 2D games before then, but we were both far too young to be able to play them in any meaningful way.

The only way what you say can be true is if you were somehow forced or chose to play only 2D games through a large chunk of the 3D era. And that's the developer's fault how?

It's worth pointing out that a large chunk of the "3D age of gamers" grew up playing primarily 2D games on the GB/GBC/GBA.

Oh snap! I just read that the DS version is being worked on by Henk Nieborg (the pixel artist behind Lionheart, The Adventures of Lomax in Lemmingland, Contra 4, Shantae DS among others). Here's some pics from his site:
34gwos1.gif

zkoffr.gif

28v7r54.gif

315iww4.gif

2v81y02.gif

Top Bottom