• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman The Brave and the Bold (Wii) Debut Trailer

GDGF

Soothsayer
Holy shit that looks just like the cartoon!

(and TB&TB is the best Batman cartoon since the original run of TAS)

Looks pretty damn awesome.

mik

mik is unbeatable
That looks pretty neat. But ROFL @ that title. Sounds like a superhero-themed soap opera.

TreIII

I LIKE IT. :D

Pretty much the only thing that worries me at this time is that, much like other Belt Scroll Action games, this game may not last as long as I would like.

Give me plenty of levels/moves/characters/replay value, and WayForward has my money. And ideally, this could be an engine that could serve them well for other games, including hopefully original properties...

GDGF said:
Holy shit that looks just like the cartoon!
(and TB&TB is the best Batman cartoon since the original run of TAS)
Looks pretty damn awesome.
YES thank you, it looks really cool! just a style that is suitable for the wii + the 2d looks really great!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ITT people assume Batman is all about grimdark

BatB is awesome because it mixes Silver Age Batman with post-modernism humor! Kinda sucks that a lot of you don't watch the show. :mad:

Penguin

Ookami-kun said:

BatB is awesome because it mixes Silver Age Batman with post-modernism humor! Kinda sucks that a lot of you don't watch the show. :mad:

I don't actually think anyone complained about the light-heartedness of this game in the thread? :lol

Boss Doggie

No, but people automatically associate it to West Batman, who didn't actually start the campiness (the comics did).

In any case I am hyped. Needs Aquaman and Plasticman as playable!

JDSN

Banned
I dont know what you guys are smoking, this looks great and im sure the gameplay wont get stale after two hours unlike AA.

Kurtofan said:
I hate those new cartoons.
They should make a game on Batman The Animated Series instead.
Why? B&B is awesome.

The game looks pretty good, I was expecting it to feel almost like a flash game from what we knew previously, but it flows like it's the actual cartoon.

Boss Doggie

And while I'd consider "The Batman" the weakest of the animated Batman series, it's still not bad.

Haunted said:
People were mourning the (wrongly perceived) death of the classic 2d beat 'em up in that thread about dead genres, at least you guys should be happy.

I am.

Ookami-kun said:

It makes sense that GAF would be slobbering for post-Miller fanfic Batman. He's pathologically anti-social and doesn't play well with the rest of the Justice League. Like an overblown version of your typical GAF member. :p

Looking forward to this, the rest of you fools can enjoy your bad art and HGH meat-heads Arkham Asylum games.

Shiggie said:
Has flash really improved that much or are people being assholes itt?

Steve Jobs hates it, so now everybody is dog piling it.

ReiGun said:
Trailer looked cool. Needs more Aquaman though.

outrageous.jpg

yeah, seriously... im confused about their character choices in relation to the show... TB&TB is usually all about Batman, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, and Green Arrow... at least they got one of those right... but Robin and Hawkman?... was Hawkman ever even ON that show? :lol

Boss Doggie

The Take Out Bandit said:
It makes sense that GAF would be slobbering for post-Miller fanfic Batman. He's pathologically anti-social and doesn't play well with the rest of the Justice League. Like an overblown version of your typical GAF member. :p

What's hilarious is that Miller's Batman is crap. It's really, really strange that his version, the one comic readers think is horrible and out of character (especially Strikes Again) is the one the masses know XD

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ookami-kun said:
And while I'd consider "The Batman" the weakest of the animated Batman series, it's still not bad.
"The Batman" was actually just about my favorite for the first couple seasons. Then they introduced Bargirl, and it took a nosedive...

Game looks great. Probably wouldn't pick it up a $50, but if it launches or drops to 30 or 20 then sure, looks good to me.

Oh, and anyone dismissing it because it looks like a flash game better not have ever enjoyed Castle Crashers

Ookami-kun said:
What's hilarious is that Miller's Batman is crap. It's really, really strange that his version, the one comic readers think is horrible and out of character (especially Strikes Again) is the one the masses know XD

DKR is fun as DKR. DK:SA, was fun as well. Like crazy fanfic and SA is about the point where Frank Miller started to take the money and run, while skirting Garth Ennis level biting the hand that feeds him.

Problem is Miller turned Batman from "A guy in a cape" to the power leveling asshat that most ill-informed non comic readers pitch Batman as. For all the bitching non-comic readers do about "Blah blah Superman is boring, he can beat anyone!" They never look at all the BULLSHIT writers have concocted post-Miller that turned Batman into an invincible one ups-man.

</lol prep time>

jett said:
I thought it looked pretty good, surprised at the hate.

Not enough Unreal Engine and bloom lighting for GAF!

Looks neat, but what I'd like to see next from this collaboration is a Looney Tunes platformer for the Wii in this engine based on the upcoming Looney Tunes show formerly named Laff Riot, but that's just me.

Looking forward to this, the rest of you fools can enjoy your bad art and HGH meat-heads Arkham Asylum games.
Can't someone be hyped for both games? And seriously? Bad art? Ok.

Here's hoping for multiple game modes.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Shiggie said:
Has flash really improved that much or are people being assholes itt?

While nincompoop makes a good point, what's still often lacking in flash games that's not lacking in this case is the smoothness and fluidity of the game. The rare flash games that are really action-packed with fast gameplay and good animation often suffer from framerate issues, at least on PCs that are a bit old like mine, or netbooks. True, some of the things in this trailer look so-so, and I'm not really interested in the game, but I actually wish flash games ran this good. I'd play on newgrounds all the time were that the case!

In short, no, it doesn't look like a flash game. Flash games won't look consistently like this until a good couple of years methinks.

Boss Doggie

DKR is fun as DKR. DK:SA, was fun as well. Like crazy fanfic and SA is about the point where Frank Miller started to take the money and run, while skirting Garth Ennis level biting the hand that feeds him.

Problem is Miller turned Batman from "A guy in a cape" to the power leveling asshat that most ill-informed non comic readers pitch Batman as. For all the bitching non-comic readers do about "Blah blah Superman is boring, he can beat anyone!" They never look at all the BULLSHIT writers have concocted post-Miller that turned Batman into an invincible one ups-man.

</lol prep time>

Hell, many bad comic books involving batman tend to have that "let's worship batman and batman is right! vigilantism is ALL FINE!" bullshit XD

ReiGun

thecouncil said:
yeah, seriously... im confused about their character choices in relation to the show... TB&TB is usually all about Batman, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, and Green Arrow... at least they got one of those right... but Robin and Hawkman?... was Hawkman ever even ON that show? :lol
Hawkman was in an episode featuring the Justice Society of America, and Robin has been in two episodes, though he became Nightwing in his second appearance.

On the subject of characters with fewer appearences, hopefully the game has the one true Green Lantern: Guy Mother-Fucking Gardner, bitches!

Haunted

jett said:
I thought it looked pretty good, surprised at the hate.
jett
Mr. Positivity
(Today, 05:08 PM)
Reply | Quote

Seriously though, same here. I said so before, but I honestly can't see where it's coming from. Awful? I mean, really?

Lijik

Hero of Legend said:
Looks neat, but what I'd like to see next from this collaboration is a Looney Tunes platformer for the Wii in this engine based on the upcoming Looney Tunes show formerly named Laff Riot, but that's just me.
Yes, its about time Looney Tunes got a decent console game this gen.

I still can't believe I played through all of Acme Arsenal. Ugh.

TreIII

ReiGun said:
On the subject of characters with fewer appearences, hopefully the game has the one true Green Lantern: Guy Mother-Fucking Gardner, bitches!

If a GL does get in the game, it likely will either be Guy FTW, or G'nort for the lolz. That's pretty much the way I see it. :lol

Any way, I'd like to think that for a game like this being what it is, the more characters/playstyles, the better. Hopefully, WF won't disappoint...

Dascu

Haunted said:
jett
Mr. Positivity
(Today, 05:08 PM)
Reply | Quote

Seriously though, same here. I said so before, but I honestly can't see where it's coming from. Awful? I mean, really?
I'm sorry, I just don't like the look of it. You can't force me to change!

Lijik

... Suddenly I realize that I want a musical stage with the Music Meister.
As in the characters are singing the whole time you're beating up thugs.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
cacildo said:
Im almost 30. I played 2d games most of my life. Im tired of it. I want 3d games with (well implemented) motion control - something new and innovative

So no, i wont buy this.
And i could be ok with it IF the wii had normal 3d games coming, but since the wii has almost 2 games coming out for the rest of this year, then no, im not ok with this 2D batman crap.

Fuck this flash shit.

And I thought your avatar was the worst thing about your posts. Looks like I was wrong.

ReiGun

Lijik said:
... Suddenly I realize that I want a musical stage with the Music Meister.
As in the characters are singing the whole time you're beating up thugs.
Usually I'm against developers taking ideas from forums seriously, but this. This I can get behind. Hope you're listening, WayForward.

Haunted

Dascu said:
I'm sorry, I just don't like the look of it. You can't force me to change!
Would be understandable if you don't like the art style of the show, otherwise no excuses! :p

bryehn

Looks cool, but WayForward, if you're listening...Please include CC support for people with disabilities, Arthritis and big hands!!!

Top Bottom