• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf meet up Episode VIII: Christmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
where's cheap to stay in London, specifically that I can crawl back to after like 3am or however long we stay up for

I got a surprisingly large amount of cash for my birthday and with nothing else to spend it on I might as well get a room for the night instead of leching off on of you lot

Symphonia

Banned
where's cheap to stay in London, specifically that I can crawl back to after like 3am or however long we stay up for

I got a surprisingly large amount of cash for my birthday and with nothing else to spend it on I might as well get a room for the night instead of leching off on of you lot
Can't find the link but check Google Maps, I found one for £69.

Nah, I put in "hotels near London N1 0AX", seeing as that's the postcode for Last Resort

prolly have to look a bit farther afield anyway

And of course if anyone is willing to put me up for the night I could always just pay you instead~

Nah, I put in "hotels near London N1 0AX", seeing as that's the postcode for Last Resort

prolly have to look a bit farther afield anyway

And of course if anyone is willing to put me up for the night I could always just pay you instead~

Stay at mine. You can share with either Ninja or Mike, or have the sofa, whatever you prefer. Top tip: Mike is an awesome little spoon.

I may be able to do this. The night before is my work's Christmas shindig, so I may be hanging... It won't be pretty.

Yaaay! Didn't think you'd be coming due to baby, would be totes amazeballs if you can come

Really? Thanks a lot, that's awesome of you. I'll take the sofa if no-one else wants it :p

No worries. I've met you, you seem ok, don't think you'll murder me or nick anything. Sure you don't wanna bunk in with Mike though?

If I can find somewhere to crash for the night then this activity is relevant to my interests.

Sorry dude, Casa de Musha is now full. I think some people are staying at travel lodges or premier inn type places.

Okay since we're doing this I suppose now's the time to ask if anybody can put me up for a night.

Aren't you staying at jimbor's?

I will, of course, be happy to provide whomever puts me up for the night with copious amounts of alcohol and will buy a much needed greasy breakfast in the morning.

I thought you'd booked somewhere?

No worries. I've met you, you seem ok, don't think you'll murder me or nick anything. Sure you don't wanna bunk in with Mike though?

Sorry dude, Casa de Musha is now full. I think some people are staying at travel lodges or premier inn type places.

Aren't you staying at jimbor's?

I wasn't entirely sure...he said I could stay at his if I needed to a little while back but I need to double check

EDIT

this has been resolved

NinjaBoiX

Sure you don't wanna bunk in with Mike through?

I'll think about it :V
Or you could bunk in my bed with me...

UUtJcbx.jpg

As of yet, no, I'm still looking and waiting for the price to be right.
You're going to wait until closer to Christmas for a better deal?

Cyanide, sometimes you do life wrong.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd like to say I have a spare bed but I don't want plans to be made just incase something comes up and I can't provide on the night and risk leaving someone bedless.

Are we all meeting somewhere and then proceeding to Big Red or we all meeting at Big Red then heading off into the night?

The main meet will be at Big Red, but if people want to meet up with others separately beforehand that usually happens, especially if people are coming in to the same train stations.

Symphonia

Banned
The main meet will be at Big Red, but if people want to meet up with others separately beforehand that usually happens, especially if people are coming in to the same train stations.
Ah, right.

Fair enough. I just need to work out where I need to go. It's like my second time in London. My first time was for Phantom and we didn't really walk around much so I'm pretty much a London virgin. And I'm hoping to get my iPhone replaced by then so I have Maps at least to rely on.

Symphonia

Banned
Just a small idea that might save some of us traveling to London a bit of money, depending on if you're willing to do this and whether you're comfortable with it - why don't we all pick a hotel close to the venue(s) and bunk in together, rather than paying £120 for one room for one person we could chip £25 each and just bunk all together? I'd happily take the floor, as long as we've got somewhere warm and dry.

liger05

Not sure if this is the best place to put this

http://www.eteknix.com/london-based-sega-dreamcast-15th-anniversary-party-november-27th/

REZtron Ltd have announced that they will be hosting yet another console Anniversary themed event. This time it will be filled with nothing but Dreamcast games! Having successfully hosted Mega Drive’s 25th Anniversary event last month REZtron’s fifth ‘retrotainment’ of the year will take place once again at the award winning The Hoxton Pony cocktail bar, from 5pm til 11pm on Wednesday 27th November. REZtron will give centre stage to yet another iconic and pioneering console of the yesteryears.The 15th Anniversary of the SEGA Dreamcast.

I’m a big fan of the Dreamcast and it is great to see it get even further recognition within the gaming community. Sega may not have had such a smooth time with actually selling and marketing the console, but anyone who actually owned one will tell you that it had some gorgeous graphics and some absolutely stunning games.

15 years later and poeple are still making games for the Dreamcast, having a handful of games released this year alone by indie devs such as RedSpotGames, Hucast Games and NG:DEV.TEAM to name a few it proves that there’s still a lot of love for the 128-BIT beauty years after the console’s official commercial life span.

The celebration of the world’s first internet-ready console that was released in Japan on November 27th 1998 will fittingly host 15 legendary games throughout the night on gorgeous CRT TVs and on a projector,including games such as House of the Dead 2,Virtua Tennis,Rez,Ikaruga,Soul Calibur,Crazy Taxi 2,Power Stones,Shenmue and maracas action with Samba De Amigo to name a few..

There will also be competition running on Shenmue’s mini game ‘QTE Title’ during the first half of the night,with prizes to give away. To keep things true to REZtron’s retrotainment spirit there will be some 80s/90s Karaoke kicking off on the MEGA-CD Karaoke system just after 9pm.

The ‘128-BIT retrotainment’ will take place on Wednesday 27th November, 5pm till 11pm. Tickets can be booked through Eventbrite, Dreamcast15.eventbrite.co.uk and anyone who comes dressed in gaming or anime inspired Cosplay will get in FREE!

SteveWD40

Looks like I have a family thing on the Sunday so will have to skip it.

I know, yet another I don't appear at.

I do exist, honestly...

Tables at Big Red are all booked for 7pm. I'll most likely be getting there a bit earlier, but it's just good to have somewhere definite to sit as I imagine quite a few of us will be eating here.

Symphonia

Banned
Tables at Big Red are all booked for 7pm. I'll most likely be getting there a bit earlier, but it's just good to have somewhere definite to sit as I imagine quite a few of us will be eating here.
I'm gonna probably aim to be there for about 6:30pm to have a few drinks beforehand to relax, unwind, etc.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Right, I'm in. For the first part of the evening though. I'll try to hang around for a bit for the second part but I make no promises. I'll be taking a top hat, some stubble and my Ebenezer Scrooge glasses so BAH HUMBUG to the lot of yer.

(Looking forward to it <3 )

(Don't worry if I'm too late as I've just noticed the table is booked, I'll just hang around and stare a lot.)

Right, I'm in. For the first part of the evening though. I'll try to hang around for a bit for the second part but I make no promises. I'll be taking a top hat, some stubble and my Ebenezer Scrooge glasses so BAH HUMBUG to the lot of yer.

(Looking forward to it <3 )

(Don't worry if I'm too late as I've just noticed the table is booked, I'll just hang around and stare a lot.)

Hey! You're not too late! The table booking is just so we have definite space to sit for whoever is eating there, there'll be plenty of room for everyone. Plus not everyone who's said they're coming will turn up, and a lot of people will come later.

Glad you're coming, it's always good to have fresh meat, the more the merrier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom