• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Marvel 2

FLAT ASS 2: WHAT BRIE'S FLABBY SLAPPY ASS CHEEKS WILL DO.,..when she's plot deviceing you.

In more serious honesty, I have a small amout of extreme optimism that they can redeem Captain Marvel with this film. It's a chance for a complete turnaround. She can be made into a likeable character that isn't limited to the acting and emotional range of a block of wood. Take the character and make her a normal person with varied traits.

DEAR GOD do NOT introduce a love interest. If Scarlett Witch is in it, make the enemy someone that can hurt them. Marvel's no sell of Thanos headbutt...a Thanos in the MCU that proved to be VASTLY stronger than the Hulk for fucck sakes...dump that stupid extreme invulnerability. Only thing that could hurt her was when Thanos left hook her ass with the full might of the power gem.

A sequel is a second chance for any franchise. Does Captain Marvel deserve a second chance? Fuck yeah! Despite the movie being dull and forcefully shoving marvel and her "Its a robot withh human skin and stilted, limited emotional emulation" block of wood personality. Despite its below average and sometimes "OH GOD IM SO BORED AND THIS IS SO DULL! CUT ME SO I KNOW IM ALIVE!" scenes, you have to respect the fact that the movie fuckin rocked the box office with over a billion dollars in ticket sales. Given it's almost non-rewatch ability...because nobody can withstand the dullest blade in the universe movie equivalent to cutting you up a second time. The movie punched about almost every class above it's weight. The movie was a stick figure flyweight fighting a 295lb, 6 foot 8, 90 inch reach box office. The movie beat the box office....with magical future tech to kick the box office in the balls at mach 5.

I didn't expect the movie to pass 300 million. The financial figures the film generated does legitimize the fact that the movie deserves a sequel. And that sequel gives them the chance to make Carol Danvers a far more normal person in terms of response and genuine emotions. God damn I would love to see that. I hate the word WOKE and all that shit, but fucking pandering and forced diversity are going make it choke itself to a barely better or even worse 2-3 excruciatingly dull torture session.

God dammit Marvel and Disney. Do the fans right and Make Captain Marvel Great Again...for the first time.

As for forced inclusiveness, make it go away. And I don't give a fuck if a character that is white in the comics is hindi, muslim, mexican, of African Descent, black, asian or glrobdokist from KLoxan 3 in the fucking Debobo system. If that actor portrays and genuinely brings said character he/she is auditioning for to fucking life, then sine that sumbitch to a respectable deal and hire em. If the best and most qualified actors are chosen for the roles, that is more important than anything else. Genuine performances of fictional characters are difficult. You can have all the knowledge on a fiction character and every aspect of his mind, body, soul, and emotions described to extreme detail...but that doesn't make it a strong guarantee that the the character will be brought to life and portrayed in a fantastic and accurate fashion.

Yes I think similar ethnic background representation of a character, and ethnic representation doesn't always mean skin pigmentation, is very important, but if a Portuguese actor can organically and amazingly portray Amadeus Cho...aka nerd Hulk of Asian descent, then The Portuguese actor should portray Nerd Hulk.

Edit: I know several will disagree with my opinions, but that's A-OK. My opinions are my own. Sorry if I gave anyone stomach pains, vomiting and Diarrhea. Uttering the name Brie, larsen or Brie Larsen more than once in a post combined, it can be potentially painful.

It's called "BRAIN AND MEMORY DO NOT WANT! Flappy ass cheeks...flappy flappy asscheeks. " And then a stroke occurs due to the fright and imagination of her cheeks a flappin while she a runnin or a jumpin. Also the sounds. They wet flappy sounds. Oh god...

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

Brie Larson is a delight.

tenor.gif

sol_bad sol_bad I never noticed that. Her aura flareup did look a bit different, but I just didn't pay it any mind. It would make sense she could easily draw power from the gauntlet since her powers were manifested thanks to an infinity gem if I remember properly. I try to avoid remembering anything from Captain Marvel as much as possible.

Last edited:

Teletraan1

Banned
I liked young Brie Larson. She hasn't aged well. She got potato face when she put on weight and is now currently too skinny in some sort of overcompensation. She looks like she needs to exercise.

I didn't hate the first CM movie. It was a middle of the road marvel movie.

Top Bottom