• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cinemassacre's Monster Madness 9 (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oof, missed a few days.

Saw, Carrie, and Last House on the Left are horror movies where the "monsters" are human. Though Carrie does have her psychic powers, she's still considerably human.
Oh yeah, Carrie can't really be considered the real monster of the movie. Her mother is so much worse.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That video reminded me of when I made Halloween-themed sales events for a webstore I worked for.

Halloween is a very "cheap" but effective way of filling a creativity hole. It's also one of the reasons why Q4 is the easiest godamn part of the year to make an events calendar for. Halloween > Black Friday > Christmas > New Year. Your shit is on auto-pilot for like three months.

This is why I dislike unscripted reviews. It would be one thing if they used them on stupid low budget films, but not quality films that I want to see properly edited and commented in the usual format. It seems like James is doing the opposite.

There with you. I hate these unscripted "reviews". They are too long, not very informative and doesn't help shed light on the movie if they hardly use (if any) clips from said movie.

His scripted ones convey more in 3 minutes that his 15 minute long ramblings with Mike that often go nowhere.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Natalie Mendoza is hot.

I agree with most of what they said. Also the sequel to The Descent was alright. I hated the "hook" ending though.

Kinsei

Banned
Ugh, why did all of the unscripted stuff have to be of movies I really wanted to see a regular Monster Madness on?

munchie64

Final video: Celebrating Halloween.

I quite enjoyed the deep cuts this year. James covered a lot of amazing films that he missed before. The discussion format was hit and miss though, especially when they talked about really popular films that I'm sure many wanted to be given the Monster Madness treatment. Basically if they do it again I'd like more Frozen, less The Descent.

Edit: YouTube

I realize making videos is a pain in the ass, but after nine years you'd think he'd have the process down to a science. Isn't Cinemeassacre his full time job? His videos get thousands, if not millions of hits. Are his margins so narrow that he can't dole out tasks like editing to multiple people?

matt360

Is Mike the guy on the left, sitting closer to the camera? If so, then yeah, I can easily see why he grates on people. He seems very amateurish in his commentary, and tends to interrupt a lot. Can't stand people like that in these types of videos/podcasts.

inm8num2

The unscripted format was hit or miss and could have used some editing anyway. Unscripted in itself isn't a bad thing, but both guys kind of struggled to express themselves succinctly at times.

Another great month of Monster Madness, though. Looking forward to next year!

The Descent (2005)

Possibly the last unscripted review.

Fuck, Mike is such a doofus. He want to call out the ending....then just makes up an ending that never happened.
James knows he's wrong, but doesn't straight up call him out on it.
He does this all the time in their videogame bids, he stays silent why Mike just goes off about something he doesn't understand, has got the wrong end of the stick about or is just plain BS'ing.
Jeezuz.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yep, this year's Monster Madness was almost total garbage.

Thanks Mike. You ruined one of my favorite things of the year.

Lucumo

Is Mike the guy on the left, sitting closer to the camera? If so, then yeah, I can easily see why he grates on people. He seems very amateurish in his commentary, and tends to interrupt a lot. Can't stand people like that in these types of videos/podcasts.

Yep, he is one of the reasons why I stopped watching James.

Also, Godzilla-thon was the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom