• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Nicola Scott's response to the haters is great:
0ussf.jpg

Question: would I be ok jumping in at the beginning of the next arc for All-New Wolverine while I wait for a sale on the first few arcs?

EDIT: jk, the first trade is $8 via Kindle. I can swing that

Owzers

Original Sin was trash and i hope Aaron never says what was whispered ( really , i thought he already did? Didn't he? ) because it deserves to just exist out there forever.

ElNarez

Banned
Original Sin was trash and i hope Aaron never says what was whispered ( really , i thought he already did? Didn't he? ) because it deserves to just exist out there forever.

NOPE. Still unanswered. At this point we're well past that thing being worthwhile in any way, so MIGHT AS WELL, because otherwise you're just writing comics to make people online angry and that's some fucking Dan Slott-level shit.

NOPE. Still unanswered. At this point we're well past that thing being worthwhile in any way, so MIGHT AS WELL, because otherwise you're just writing comics to make people online angry and that's some fucking Dan Slott-level shit.

It's probably something to do with Mjölnir being sentient.

Jason Aaron's next Thor series: The Might-As-Well Thor. Because, why not?

Some of the stuff he says at the end here sounds like he's getting to it though Click. PRetty sure there's some original sin elements creeping into Dr Strange soon too. Think I saw that in a preview anyway

Boogiepop

Start from the first trade and follow the published order. That's what I've done so far and it's been fine. It's not like there's an overarching story to it (at least not as far as I got). It jumps around to examine different characters and stories.

Awesome, thanks! Still need to decide if I'm going to make that dive of course, because while the sale is awesome, I've also already bought a LOT via it.

Messi

After some tough choices Freeza and me have decided to remove Valiant from next months thread as we think Aftershock should be represented. Aftershock are the more exciting company with big names and even bigger characters. They have more marketshare and are capturing the hearts of customers who buy in. Hopefully Valiant will return to the OT soon. We thank you for understanding. - Freeza and Messi

Owzers

i really don't want to buy Transmet in digital format, i think i will hold out for inevitable deluxe hardcovers like Invinsibles got.

Owzers

After some tough choices Freeza and me have decided to remove Valiant from next months thread as we think Aftershock should be represented. Aftershock are the more exciting company with big names and even bigger characters. They have more marketshare and are capturing the hearts of customers who buy in. Hopefully Valiant will return to the OT soon. We thank you for understanding. - Freeza and Messi

Stuff like this is why Trump's going to win.

edit: i should have edited this into my previous post but i felt so strongly about the subject that i didn't think about it.

Boogiepop

Okay, here's a question: what the hell was up with the "oh no, Hela scarred my face and now even other people reacting to it in abject horror so I keep it covered for a long time, and then when the reader finally sees it I just have a beard, which I guess is covering the horrible deformity but then it's never mentioned again" thing from Simonson Thor? Like... did he just rock that beard so long that people forgot about that and then when he shaved it off it was just fine, or did this plot point eventually get resolved? Also, I cracked up laughing quite a bit when he removed the mask for the big reveal and it was just a beard, because it made it look for a moment like that was the "horrible deformity". But as I said, apparently that thick beard is totally covering whatever it was just fine.

Owzers

You're right. You could buy loot boxes with that money.

If we do get halloween costumes this might be a thing that happens...

It would be great if Blizzard weren't awful and future event loot boxes weren't absolute shit like the Summer games: can't use gold to purchase skins, summer boxes only have 1 summer item, duplicates, duplicates for gold you then can't use on summer items. I didn't buy any loot boxes for that event, i'm hoping the next one isn't trash-tier.

Counted my Mignolaverse trades to amuse myself. If you count the 12 trades that were turned into the 4 plague of frogs omnibus and all the other individual trades were talking 61 volumes. Jeez haha, got out of hand quick. And I'm not quite caught up. After the next batch in october after hellboy in hell volume 2 drops, I'm pretty sure it's 68 deep, if I didn't miscount. Didn't count the out of continuity weird tales, or the crossover volumes.

Top Bottom