• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Aykroyd will appear in Paul Feig's Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Dan Aykroyd will appear in Paul Feig's Ghostbusters reboot

ghostbusters.jpg

Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters reboot may include a link to the past. Dan Aykroyd, who played one of the titular specter exterminators in each of Ivan Reitman’s comedies, announced Tuesday on Twitter that he was filming a scene with Kristin Wiig in the new film.

DhPaeKt.png

Aykroyd deleted his tweet almost two hours later, but EW confirmed his involvement with his reps. There’s no official word yet on whom Aykroyd will play in the film, due out July 22, 2016. His involvement is a classy passing of the torch; the actor called new ‘Busters Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon “adorable, hilarious and badass.”

I'm right in the MIDDLE of something, Ray!

0G1PKGg.gif

judhudson

SPOILERS on who he'll play (it was posted, then requested to be removed by Sony)

According to Indie Revolver, Aykroyd will merely pop up as a taxi driver for a brief moment in the movie, with just enough screen time to utter the iconic "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" Kristen Wiig's character will then reply with something along the lines of, "That’s a double negative! That means you are afraid of ghosts!"

From: http://www.latino-review.com/news/about-that-dan-aykroyd-cameo-in-the-new-ghostbusters (which the article has been removed)

SinShep

According to Indie Revolver, Aykroyd will merely pop up as a taxi driver for a brief moment in the movie, with just enough screen time to utter the iconic "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" Kristen Wiig's character will then reply with something along the lines of, "That’s a double negative! That means you are afraid of ghosts!"

While not having seen the delivery, this joke just doesn't sound funny at all to me.

Fury451

Banned
SPOILERS on who he'll play (it was posted, then requested to be removed by Sony)

From: http://www.latino-review.com/news/about-that-dan-aykroyd-cameo-in-the-new-ghostbusters (which the article has been removed)

Really?....yikes.

I mean maybe the delivery will be hilarious. Or something. Hopefully that's not indicative of the general humor in the film.

oh!

...oh :(

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

lololol

The Llama

If that's the humor in this movie.. yeaaaaaaaah.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, I figure if he is in this it will be for a super quick cameo type thing. We'd probably know by now if he had a significant role. I'm thinking Stan Lee in a Marvel movie type of thing. Quick wink wink to the audience.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Would have expected nothing less from Kristen Wiig.

Oh man this...

NO NO NO NO NO.

Dammit this is horrible. Someone burn this to the ground.

Jigorath

Banned

HAH, this going to piss off the Ghostbusters fanboys so much.

Dalek

Isn't Akroyd an EP on the film? He probably just wanted to be in the film so bad because the property meant so much to him.

Wads

Banned
Why this has to be a reboot is really beyond me. Just have the teams franchise from Stanz and you are basically at the same place and can still have your cinematic universe.

I still hate the gimmick casting in this movie, but having it be part of the same universe with the other team movie and then having a third where they all work together would be much more tolerable...

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
so, whats the point of a cameo if he's
not playing ray stantz
?

If this one is a reboot, maybe he is
Ray Stantz
, but
in the alternate universe where Ray doesn't become a Ghostbuster
, which is why
the women are
. This is pure speculation from a casual viewer, not a mega Ghostbusters fan.

I'm sure this will annoy a lot of curmudgeony nerds but I think it sounds cute.

I still hate the gimmick casting in this movie

Why is it gimmick casting? Was it gimmick casting to have all-male leads in the first two?

I still hate the gimmick casting in this movie, but having it be part of the same universe with the other team movie and then having a third where they all work together would be much more tolerable...

It's just "casting," and that's what they're doing.

Not for nothing (I know a double negative!!!)
him playing Ray might of saved this movie like Nimoy saved the Star Trek Reboot

That didn't actually save the movie, though. If anything, it introduced the source of almost every major plot-hole and plot-contrivance in both films. If it had been a clean reboot, it would have been better.

Carl

What the fuck is this

Why this has to be a reboot is really beyond me. Just have the teams franchise from Stanz and you are basically at the same place and can still have your cinematic universe.

There are two reasons it's a reboot:

1) Egon is dead, and Venkman wants nothing to do with another Ghostbusters film unless he dies in the first five minutes.

2) Paul Feig has a serious hard-on for origin stories and REALLY wanted to make a movie where humanity is "discovering" ghosts for the first time.

The second reason you can take or leave, but you can't get around the first. Two of the four original characters wouldn't be there. So you take that, and the desire to not tread upon that universe and those characters, and you reboot it instead.

Sure, there are ways around it. Ray is the only one left and he passes the franchise off to his niece or something. But then you're still confined to the world set up in the first two movies, instead of starting fresh with your own spin on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom