• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Aykroyd will appear in Paul Feig's Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything about the reactions to this movie has me convinced that GB fans are mostly super whiny manchildren. I've never felt this negatively about any fanbase before, but after the proton pack burning and the comments surrounding that... yeah.

I used to be a huge GB fan. I was a bit upset at first with the reimagining, but everyone likes an origin story and this was probably the only way to do it without potentially shitting on the original. A continuation/passing the torch would have spent way too much time on the handoff and not enough building the world/characters.

We now have two universes and that's fine. Do we know if Tatums flick is set in Feigs or Reitmans GB?

Everything about the reactions to this movie has me convinced that GB fans are mostly super whiny manchildren. I've never felt this negatively about any fanbase before, but after the proton pack burning and the comments surrounding that... yeah.

Not all of us man. I'm really excited for it.

I'm a huge fan of the original and looking forward to this.

I think the manchildren are best to just ignore and are not indicative of the fan base in general.

Son Of D

Hey, hey... We're not all like that. I love the original film. I haven't seen either Bridesmaids or Spy so I'm not familiar with the director but I'm intrigued by this. I appreciate the new direction, but I'm going to wait until the first trailer and see how I feel. If I like it, then I'll go see it. If I don't, I can always watch the original and let those who like this enjoy it. It's not harming me if people like this.

I used to be a huge GB fan. I was a bit upset at first with the reimagining, but everyone likes an origin story and this was probably the only way to do it without potentially shitting on the original. A continuation/passing the torch would have spent way too much time on the handoff and not enough building the world/characters.

We now have two universes and that's fine. Do we know if Tatums flick is set in Feigs or Reitmans GB?

It's set in the development hell universe. Last I heard it probably wasn't even going to get made according to Tatum

Jawmuncher

Have no issues with this reboot. Though I have said before a small part of me wishes it would have kept it in universe. Have both teams together in a later sequel would have been so cool.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
SPOILERS on who he'll play (it was posted, then requested to be removed by Sony)

According to Indie Revolver, Aykroyd will merely pop up as a taxi driver for a brief moment in the movie, with just enough screen time to utter the iconic "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" Kristen Wiig's character will then reply with something along the lines of, "That’s a double negative! That means you are afraid of ghosts!"

From: http://www.latino-review.com/news/about-that-dan-aykroyd-cameo-in-the-new-ghostbusters (which the article has been removed)

Maybe it will work in the movie but that doesnt sound very funny. "Tell him about the Twinkie" doesnt work out of context either so its best to wait and see.

Have no issues with this reboot. Though I have said before a small part of me wishes it would have kept it in universe. Have both teams together in a later sequel would have been so cool.

Ramis is dead, Moranis is retired, Murray is completely disinterested.

So you'd get Aykroyd and Hudson neithet of whom have been really all that funny in years.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

So you'd get Aykroyd and Hudson neithet of whom have been really all that funny in years.

Until now i didnt even know that this was in a separate universe. When i heard the rumor about Akroyd playing
....... a cab driver i thought the joke would be one of the new GBs would say something like "When we save the world we are gonna be rich!" As the GBs are leaving the taxi to the endgame its shown that the cabbie is Ray Stantz and he shakes his head muttering something like "gonna be a rude wakeup call."

Joni

Until now i didnt even know that this was in a separate universe. When i heard the rumor about Akroyd playing
....... a cab driver i thought the joke would be one of the new GBs would say something like "When we save the world we are gonna be rich!" As the GBs are leaving the taxi to the endgame its shown that the cabbie is Ray Stantz and he shakes his head muttering something like "gonna be a rude wakeup call."
Feig, Hire water wendi Please.

SPOILERS on who he'll play (it was posted, then requested to be removed by Sony)

According to Indie Revolver, Aykroyd will merely pop up as a taxi driver for a brief moment in the movie, with just enough screen time to utter the iconic "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" Kristen Wiig's character will then reply with something along the lines of, "That’s a double negative! That means you are afraid of ghosts!"

From: http://www.latino-review.com/news/about-that-dan-aykroyd-cameo-in-the-new-ghostbusters (which the article has been removed)

I expect at least twenty fanbabies to say "they are saying the old Ghostbusters was crap!".

Jawmuncher

Yeah its a shame how everything happened. I knew it was a pipe dream the longer it went on. Especially when Harold Ramis died. Guess I figured at some point Murray would budge but that would never be the case it's seems. Regardless the quote below would be something I would like to see.
Oh geez this is perfect.

liquidtmd

Banned
I wouldn't entirely discount a blink and you'll miss it cameo from Murray yet, him and Melissa are by all accounts on very good terms and he's the kinda guy who like to throw curveballs.

If the world expects him not to show, I fully expect him to just jump in a taxi and say 'take me to the set of Ghostbusters' one day just for the serendipity of it.

Dai101

Banned
And Bill Murray will pay money not to appear.

Thanks heavens! Keep that asshole as far from this as humanly possible.

I, uh, might've met some cool people last night.

P8tKM5i.jpg

Ramis is dead, Moranis is retired, Murray is an asshole.

I bet Hudson is the more entusiastic, guy puts serious mileage every year going to conventions and shit.

I wouldn't entirely discount a blink and you'll miss it cameo from Murray yet, him and Melissa are by all accounts on very good terms and he's the kinda guy who like to throw curveballs.

If the world expects him not to show, I fully expect him to just jump in a taxi and say 'take me to the set of Ghostbusters' one day just for the serendipity of it.

This is my thought as well. I mean, he's worked with Melissa and really likes her. I think he's even suggested her for this movie, didn't he? I wouldn't put it past him to drop by and say hi at some point.

Decider

Much better than the joke in the spoiler.

I don't like the way that any criticism or concern over the very different sense of humour that this film is likely to have is just lazily written off as sexism or "fanbaby" whining. Not all of us object to a female cast. Feig's other films just didn't appeal to me at all, so being disappointed that this might turn out to be more in line with those than the direct sequel people have been waiting over twenty-five years for isn't exactly beyond understanding.

KalBalboa

Banned

For what it's worth, the guy who set that proton pack on fire is a complete sociopath.

I wasn't thrilled about a new Ghostbusters movie at first (with or without the original four actors), but I've found myself becoming more and more hopeful about this project for a few reasons. It doesn't hurt when you see nut jobs freaking out and you wonder if you're becoming one of them by protesting the movie so vocally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom