• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dangan Ronpa and Devil Survivor 2 getting anime, New DS2 game project coming

duckroll

This month's Newtype magazine has revealed anime adaptations for both portable series - both from the director of Persona 4 The Animation and scheduled for 2013.

Dangan Ronpa (TV anime, TBA 2013)

Official site: http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondorobe/anime/danganronpa/

Director: Seiji Kishi
Series Composition: Makoto Uezu
Character Design: Kazuaki Morita
Animation Monokuma Design: Ryoko Amisaki
Production: Lerche

----

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation (TV anime, Spring 2013, MBS Anime-ism slot)

New DS2 Project site: http://ds2-p.atlusnet.jp/
Anime official site: http://ds2a.jp/

Looks like they're really pimping DS2 for some reason... >_<

Director: Seiji Kishi
Assistant Director: Yoshimichi Hirai
Series Composition: Makoto Uezu
Music: Kotaro Nakagawa
Production: Bridge

GJUAY.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
Yknow I was all like Seiji Kishi... why does that sound soooo familar and then yeah as you mentioned P4A.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I am okay with this, Devil Summoner seems kinda interesting.

zulux21

Why start on Devil Survivor 2? Is it not connected to the first?

gotta get up hype for the overclocked version for the 3ds that will likely be announced at the end of the anime run lol

either way I hope the anime turns out well... though I suppose this means I should get around to finishing the games.

Will double dip for DS2 Overclocked, if that's what it is. (It totally is.)

Hoping for a Devil Survivor 3 at some point. I like the series quite a bit.

Esura

Banned
Anime of Devil Survivor 2 before the first one? That's crazy. I want to see the DS1 MC fight Beldr in an anime....

TWILT

Banned
Eh, would have liked to have seen an anime for the first Devil Survivor instead (had a better story, and a waaay better protagonist).

Still, I'll probably get DS2 Overclocked if it comes out.

duckroll

Exactly. And better characters. I was kinda disappointed.

This is clearly a marketing campaign for DS2 Overclocked. Instead of letting it bomb again like the first OC release, they're putting everything behind it this time with a manga, an anime, and lots of marketing. Making an anime of the second game will also mean they can record voices with the same cast for both the game and the anime, which could save time and money.

I would totally prefer an adaptation of the first game too, but this is the business reality.

Marche90

I'm very interested in both DS2 projects. Hope we get more news soon. More Atlus projects are always a good thing

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Of course, I just finished DS2 a few days ago. Oh well, here's hoping it does well enough for them to bring on Devil Survivor 3.

AColdDay

After playing the great DS:O, I would immediately buy an overclocked version of Devil Survivor 2. The greatest turn based strategy I've seen since FFT.

Mitama

I'm not that interested in DS2: Overclocked since I'm not sure what they'd add. DS2 had all of the improvements from DS:O so what could they add, aside from more demons?

cj_iwakura

This is clearly a marketing campaign for DS2 Overclocked. Instead of letting it bomb again like the first OC release, they're putting everything behind it this time with a manga, an anime, and lots of marketing. Making an anime of the second game will also mean they can record voices with the same cast for both the game and the anime, which could save time and money.

I would totally prefer an adaptation of the first game too, but this is the business reality.
Makes lots of sense, sadly.

DS1 would take a lot more work to make into an anime, since a LOT more happens on bigger scales.

Yeah, but you guys are forgetting that DS2's protag is far greater than DS1's protag.

I wanna see what they do with this guy after what Seiji Kishi did with Yu.

Longer. Easy mode. Voice acting. Higher res sprites.

Compendium. More skills and demons to balance out the gameplay.

I would have preferred a Devil Survivor 1 anime, but I"m still excited that Atlus has decided that the Devil Survivor series is important enough for a anime adaption, it has surpassed persona for my favourite shin megami tensei spin-off. Will buy the DS2:O when it comes out to help ensure this series continues.

I wonder what the Overclocked version will add.

Jawmuncher

Devil Survivor color me interested.
Beat the first and enjoyed it aside from getting my ass beat a few times on easy.

Is DS2 as hard are did they ease up especially on lower difficulty?

dramatis

Sounds good. Wish the Dangan Ronpa anime is for the second game, but who knows? If they get 26 instead of 13 episodes they can squeeze both games in.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Siliconera said news about DS2 game project are coming in a few days. Is that true, or they only talk about news coming "soon"?

Link1110

If its overclocked, I hope I can copy my save somehow. I was breaking that thing like its Final Fantasy Tactics on my latest play through.

EVOL 100%

The plot of DS2 was just serviceable, been there done that material. Not interested in the anime at all but I'd like to play an enhanced version.

Why Devil Survivor 2?

The first one had a far more interesting story.

Yeah, but the characters in DS1 were fucking unbearable.

Koroviev

Devil Survivor color me interested.
Beat the first and enjoyed it aside from getting my ass beat a few times on easy.

Is DS2 as hard are did they ease up especially on lower difficulty?

The final boss is pretty brutal.

I prefer DS2. I feel alone :(

The DS2 Project site says that more news is coming regarding a game project. DS2 Overclocked confirmed? :p

Exactly my thought. But would it be too much to want a bundle of both games on 3DS instead of two separate releases? Senran Kagura did that, and they were original 3DS games!

A crowd of animators huddle around Devil Survivor concept art.

"How are we supposed to animate these boobs?" asks one, giving voice to what they are all thinking. They all puff their cigarettes, deep in thought.

"Really," pipes up another, "what the fuck."

I think they're going with DS2 due to some of it's similarities to Persona 4, what with the relationship levels and all.

Here's hoping Black Frost makes an appearance.

Ultratech

Dangan Ronpa, eh?

This should be good if they stick to the script.
(Wonder if they'll retain the same VA's from the game?)

As for DS2...I'm not terribly excited.

I thought DS1 had a better story and stuff going on.

Top Bottom