• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dangan Ronpa and Devil Survivor 2 getting anime, New DS2 game project coming

Linkup

Of course, I just finished DS2 a few days ago. Oh well, here's hoping it does well enough for them to bring on Devil Survivor 3.

Same here, game has sucked me in for the last two months right after I finished DQ9. 95 hours, just 10 less than DQ9, amazing game.

I can't get excited for DS2:Overclocked unless it has significant extra features, I absolutely hated the English VA in DS:Overclocked (Keisuke make me want to puke and the girls are embarrassingly overacted) and Atlus is dicks and refuse to give people language options.

Might check out the anime, even though it does sound like they're milking it.

Dolgan

Interesting. Will buy DS2 Overclocked, if it's localised. I hope Overclocked sold well enough for Atlus USA to bother.

Ath

Waiting on the EU release of Overclocked 1 still in order to jump into the Devil Survivor games, have heard good things about them.

If someone tries to license the anime for the West, I wonder what restrictions Index/Atlus will force upon them this time? Considering the shenanigans with anything related to Persona 4, I wouldn't be surprised if they forced all Western releases to be on black and white VHS only :p

Aeana

So weird, but I'll check it out. I actually didn't expect Overclocked 2 after how the first one performed, but it's definitely welcome.

Beelzebub

This is cool, I always thought DS1 would've made a awesome anime though. I enjoyed the characters and story more than DS2.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
No interest in the DS2 anime. HIGHLY interested in the Dangan Ronpa anime. That definitely has way more potential.

Galang

Banned
Devil Survivor anime is awesome. Would of liked one for the first.

I hope this means we're getting overclocked 2. I held off on getting 2 because I felt the second would get one as well. Really loved the first game.

A.E Suggs

Eh, would have liked to have seen an anime for the first Devil Survivor instead (had a better story, and a waaay better protagonist).

Still, I'll probably get DS2 Overclocked if it comes out.

Nope it had a weaker protag, but i'm not getting into this fan fare crap as i'm sure people have their reasons for why they like DS1 protag.

I guess i'll look into DS2 overclocked, I don't really care about the anime but I may still watch it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh, I forgot to mention, the MC's name in the DS2 anime is Hibiki Kuze.

Thus further cementing the fact that DS1 > DS2. Kazuya is such a better name.

Nope it had a weaker protag, but i'm not getting into this fan fare crap as i'm sure people have their reasons for why they like DS1 protag.

I guess i'll look into DS2 overclocked, I don't really care about the anime but I may still watch it.

The protagonist in DS1 was rightfully at the center of things--he was the center of things, while the DS2's protagonist was more like, went along for the ride. I like his designs better too than the second one.

Majukun

an anime of ds2 already exists,it's called Neo Genesis Evangelion.
And the story of the first one was so much better

Koroviev

Thus further cementing the fact that DS1 > DS2. Kazuya is such a better name.

The protagonist in DS1 was rightfully at the center of things--he was the center of things, while the DS2's protagonist was more like, went along for the ride. I like his designs better too than the second one.

Fumi + Otome + Makoto > Yuzu + that annoying blue-haired thing + that crusty "24-year-old"

Indisputable statement of truth. Only thing I'll give you is that the first protagonist is better.

...And now I don't know if I should replay Devil Survivor 2 or wait for the possibility of an Overclocked version (which I will buy regardless) :(

Fumi + Otome + Makoto > Yuzu + that annoying blue-haired thing + that crusty "24-year-old"

Indisputable statement of truth. Only thing I'll give you is that the first protagonist is better.

...And now I don't know if I should replay Devil Survivor 2 or wait for the possibility of an Overclocked version (which I will buy regardless) :(

If the quality of a game is to be judged by the quality of its women, that would be rather shallow don't you think?

an anime of ds2 already exists,it's called Neo Genesis Evangelion.

Truth.
Devil Survivor 2 had better gameplay and dialogue options (Raaaaaainboooooow!), but in my opinion the characters and general plot of the first one were far superior.

Wouldn't buy an Overclocked version of DeSu2, might watch the anime. Atlus remaking their older and rarer games is one thing, but remaking games that came out <5 years ago is not something that I think should be supported.

A.E Suggs

People keep saying this but DS2 story was still good. I think people on gaf just be hating, I see people like them about equal everywhere else.

Truth.
Devil Survivor 2 had better gameplay and dialogue options (Raaaaaainboooooow!), but in my opinion the characters and general plot of the first one were far superior.

Wouldn't buy an Overclocked version of DeSu2, might watch the anime. Atlus remaking their older and rarer games is one thing, but remaking games that came out <5 years ago is not something that I think should be supported.

In this case I think it should be, not everyone got a chance to play the DS game.

Didn't play Devil Survivor 2 yet, so now I have no reason to do so, unless this doesn't get localized.

I liked the first one, but I actually only got one or two of the endings before I stopped playing. I think I was daunted by the length of game plus epilogue to come after each ending. Hopefully I can hop back in without forgetting story or getting my ass kicked because I forgot how to play.

raven777

yea surpriised that DS2 is getting anime not 1, but considering that OC for DS2 is cprobably oming, its understandable I guess.

How is DS1 overclock? is it any good?

GhaleonQ

Dangan Ronpa is so good. Can't wait for the anime.

I'm really hoping 2 shows up in some Japanese people's end-of-year lists. I think Aksys should have gone for it when they had the chance, and pushed it on the Chunsoft fans now that they'd better recognize the form.

Top Bottom