• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Coming to Wii - Famitsu

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hunahan said:
Game's great, Wii fans. Don't listen to the haters.

I'm counting on Nintendo peeps to not bitch about the save system like all the next-gen wimps out there. ;)

Show me your oldschool worth! Do me proud!

We can take it, we do have the VC after all. :p

Arde5643

MiniDitka said:
My detective skills are severely lacking because I cant even find 1 scan :lol
THere's a very bad quality scan in PA, but it won't show any indication of how the visual is for the Wii.

Arde5643

J-Rzez said:
Who's hating on Dead Rising? If they hate Dead Rising, they hate gaming, and should just give it up and take up building ships in a bottle, or making myspace vids to caramelldansen.

You're a cruel, cruel bitter man - never mention that ever please. :/

Guymelef

Jonnyram said:
I think you've been fished in. The guy who posted that wasn't responsible for any of the other Famitsu info. Plus the rest of that post was a little suspect.

Santa Claus doesn't exist!!!. >_______< .

llTll

Banned
so they can take the effort and do the graphics engine all over again for Wii.

but they cant do straight port to PS3.

sure the Wii is selling amazing. but that doesnt make any sense.

good news for Wii owners tho. its really good and fun game

takotchi

toypop said:
I think this title is a parody of Jay Lee's 2006 movie "The Slaughter".
Its subtitle was "Sacrifice of the dead" in Japan, "zombie's sacrifice" in another translation.

Ahh, okay. I had to look up &#12356;&#12369;&#12395;&#12360; in the dictionary, so I just wanted to be sure.

laserbeam

Banned
llTll said:
so they can take the effort and do the graphics engine all over again for Wii.

but they cant do straight port to PS3.

sure the Wii is selling amazing. but that doesnt make any sense.

good news for Wii owners tho. its really good and fun game

Resident Evil 4 has hit nearly 1.5 million sales worldwide. Thats gonna turn heads on a upgraded port of a port of a port

M74

I'm a little scared by the "casual" reference in the article, but hopefully that just means a new save system.

Red Scarlet

MiniDitka said:
I have no idea what PA means *bad detective skills and confused*

Somewhere here:
3057784-Welcome_to_Pennsylvania_Sign-Pennsylvania.jpg

Arde5643

laserbeam said:
Resident Evil 4 has hit nearly 1.5 million sales worldwide. Thats gonna turn heads on a upgraded port of a port of a port
Especially should it have some advertisement unlike RE4.

laserbeam

Banned
Arde5643 said:
Especially should it have some advertisement unlike RE4.

I can see it being pushed especially if it is this Winter in the US. Capcom would have ideal market position to present a hardcore title with little Nintendo competition.

Delio

Okay saw the scans and wow. I notice a behind the back system in the scans so maybe a upgraded RE4 engine? Would have to see way more before i jump to anymore conclusions.

Delio said:
Okay saw the scans and wow. I notice a behind the back system in the scans so maybe a upgraded RE4 engine? Would have to see way more before i jump to anymore conclusions.
Is that even possible? I mean taking a game and making it run on a completely different(?) engine.

just tray

Banned
My only gripe is that Jack Thompson won't be around to join in the festivities. Still, I already have it on 360 but if it were to contain extra content I may consider picking it up

Avrum

Pretty cool.

Still, the one thing I was hoping from Capcom (outta the blue, I know) is while all the other nfans are like NEW ZERUDAPIKMINFOXEMON PLEASE, I was hoping for a tournament style game based entirely around the mercenaries mode of RE4, online and with some kind of team/co-op element.

Delio

ninj4junpei said:
Is that even possible? I mean taking a game and making it run on a completely different(?) engine.

Not sure i am mostly just speculating. I have no idea till we get more info on this.

They'd be better off porting their next gen engine to the Wii. Probably get better results that way. Just found the ish and damn this looks pretty good. I need bigger though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to shit all over a game that I know nothing about yet, but if it is simply a port then I cannot see how this will turn out any good. Dead Rising is one of my favorite video games of all time, but I don't think it is really possible on hardware weaker than the 360 / PS3. The models are going to have to be extremely low in polygons and it is going to look like shit unless they drastically change the gameplay or reduce the number of zombies on screen. It just won't be the same game. It would be like porting Resident Evil 4 to the Nintendo DS or something.

What pisses me off most about this announcement is that it confirms that Capcom is legally able to make more Dead Rising games, but they are not making a sequel to the game on a system that is powerful to do it right. Sure they might be making one, but no one wants to hear about a damn Wii port. The millions of fans who bought the first one want a sequel, not a port to inferior hardware. Dead Rising and motion control might be kind of fun, but to make it a good game, they cannot simply port the game and massively downgrade the graphics and physics, etc...

Edit: I saw the scan and it looks like the subtitle might be "&#12478;&#12531;&#12499;&#12398;&#12356;&#12369;&#12395;&#12360;" (Zombie Sacrifice / Zombie's Sacrifice) so it might not just be a port! Hopefully this will just be an original game in the series to tide fans over until a true sequel is released.

Scrubking

I guess this is some good news after I stayed up for their horrible conference, but another port? C'mon! This better have additional content.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sevenchaos said:
They'd be better off porting their next gen engine to the Wii. Probably get better results that way. Just found the ish and damn this looks pretty good. I need bigger though.
A port of MT Framework would be more interesting news than DR it-self. :lol

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
ninj4junpei said:

That's the company that ported RE4 to the PS2! Let's have hope. I'm really curious on how it'll turn out.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw the scan and it looks like the subtitle might be "&#12478;&#12531;&#12499;&#12398;&#12356;&#12369;&#12395;&#12360;" (Zombie Sacrifice / Zombie's Sacrifice) so it might not just be a port! Hopefully this will just be an original game in the series to tide fans over until a true sequel is released.

Also, Frank West's introduction in Famitsu talks about him fighting zombies and investigating the city. It mentions nothing about a mall. If this turns out to be a Resident Evil 4 Wii style game with Frank West exploring the city it might just be extremely awesome.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zefah said:
I don't want to shit all over a game that I know nothing about yet, but if it is simply a port then I cannot see how this will turn out any good. Dead Rising is one of my favorite video games of all time, but I don't think it is really possible on hardware weaker than the 360 / PS3. The models are going to have to be extremely low in polygons and it is going to look like shit unless they drastically change the gameplay or reduce the number of zombies on screen. It just won't be the same game. It would be like porting Resident Evil 4 to the Nintendo DS or something.

What pisses me off most about this announcement is that it confirms that Capcom is legally able to make more Dead Rising games, but they are not making a sequel to the game on a system that is powerful to do it right. Sure they might be making one, but no one wants to hear about a damn Wii port. The millions of fans who bought the first one want a sequel, not a port to inferior hardware. Dead Rising and motion control might be kind of fun, but to make it a good game, they cannot simply port the game and massively downgrade the graphics and physics, etc...

Andrex said:
In before "Bu bu bu you can't render a billion zombies on-screen at once? :_("

First page.

That actually took longer than I thought.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Zefah said:
I just saw the scan and it looks like the subtitle might be "&#12478;&#12531;&#12499;&#12398;&#12356;&#12369;&#12395;&#12360;" (Zombie Sacrifice / Zombie's Sacrifice) so it might not just be a port! Hopefully this will just be an original game in the series to tide fans over until a true sequel is released.

Well, from the full scans, they show all the characters and I believe they're all from the original game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Can we get a PC port? I was a Legendary Dark Knight type mode with thousands of zombies on screen at all times. :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Adumaha said:
Well, from the full scans, they show all the characters and I believe they're all from the original game.

Oh... well damn...

I hoped it would be an original game using the RE4 engine with motion controls like RE4 Wii. That would be completely awesome if it was.

Naruto

But how will the Wii handle so many zombies on screen? And from waht I recall, the zombies don't disappeare from the ground when you kill them.

Top Bottom