• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Coming to Wii - Famitsu

Salmon

Ooooooooh no! I hated this game back at the 360...so thank you Crapcom for not giving me a new RE instead! "RE4 sold so well so now you'll have DR" WHAT? Makes no sense. It's like your local store selling a load of bananas, the next week you enter the've ordered a truck load of apples just because the bananas had a roll...the thing they never thought of, was that the people was allergic to them apples!

So thanks Capcom! Crap...

Zefah said:
I don't want to shit all over a game that I know nothing about yet, but if it is simply a port then I cannot see how this will turn out any good. Dead Rising is one of my favorite video games of all time, but I don't think it is really possible on hardware weaker than the 360 / PS3. The models are going to have to be extremely low in polygons and it is going to look like shit unless they drastically change the gameplay or reduce the number of zombies on screen. It just won't be the same game. It would be like porting Resident Evil 4 to the Nintendo DS or something.
Edit: haha oh yeah... Look up Biohazard 4 Mobile Edition

Not DS but pretty damn close.

jj984jj said:
A port of MT Framework would be more interesting news than DR it-self. :lol
Was Dead Rising not the first game to use Capcom's engine? Or have they developed multiple engines for next gen?

MarkMacD

So happy they finally announced this, looks -GREAT- for a Wii game, too. Smart business move, and I can't wait to play it again.

citizencaneclap.gif

Bravo, Capcom, bravo.

cvxfreak

Zefah, it's the first game coming out on the Wii. There are character profiles for all the characters from the 360 game, and notable events such as
the goddamn bitch with the poodle (Lindsay)[/spoiler] which are shown on the magazine. :p

As for the casual mentioning... during the interview, Nakai mentions a question his older brother asked him, about how the game was going to be played. He goes on to talk about how Wii gamers are not so critical of graphical quality. He said this in response to Famitsu's questions about the game's visuals.

As for the screenshots, the action actually looks somewhat RE4 Wii-esque. Waggle swings swords, aims guns (with the same crosshair as RE4 Wii), and gets Frank out of zombies' arms.

Tenbatsu

So this is the game Capcom was talking about, 'take on a next-gen favourite'.

Sad at the low Wario scores:(

cvxfreak said:
As for the screenshots, the action actually looks somewhat RE4 Wii-esque. Waggle swings swords, aims guns (with the same crosshair as RE4 Wii), and gets Frank out of zombies' arms.
Awesome!

Deku

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
are you allowed to post links to any kind of scans??

It's not hard to find it.

mandragora.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
Salmon said:
Ooooooooh no! I hated this game back at the 360...so thank you Crapcom for not giving me a new RE instead! "RE4 sold so well so now you'll have DR" WHAT? Makes no sense. It's like your local store selling a load of bananas, the next week you enter the've ordered a truck load of apples just because the bananas had a roll...the thing they never thought of, was that the people was allergic to them apples!

So thanks Capcom! Crap...

Sucks for you.

Awesome game.

cvxfreak

Visually, it seems they are indeed using a graphics engine from an RE game. I'm getting an RE Outbreak vibe from the game myself.

Sadist

cvxfreak said:
Zefah, it's the first game coming out on the Wii. There are character profiles for all the characters from the 360 game, and notable events such as

As for the casual mentioning... during the interview, Nakai mentions a question his older brother asked him, about how the game was going to be played. He goes on to talk about how Wii gamers are not so critical of graphical quality. He said this in response to Famitsu's questions about the game's visuals.

Capcom redeemed. This is even better then all of E3 all together!

Which says about everything about the sad state of E3

cvxfreak

Okay, sp0rsk is right. I forgot that the 360 version didn't have the RE4 viewpoint for melee weapons.

If Capcom had to merge traditional RE with RE4, this is very close to what we'd get!

SOLD! :D

TheHeretic said:
That was something I liked in the game, shooting was difficult so guns weren't the be all end all.

Ehh, the guns still won't be end all because they don't kill mobs nearly as fast or stun them as well as good melee weapons. Well, the pistol-type weapons don't. This will make that annoying ass jeep gunner a lot easier to deal with though. :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Also, new boss confirmed and some weapon changes.

Doesn't sound like they can announce all the new stuff just yet.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
cvxfreak said:
Okay, sp0rsk is right. I forgot that the 360 version didn't have the RE4 viewpoint for melee weapons.

If Capcom had to merge traditional RE with RE4, this is very close to what we'd get!

SOLD! :D

Awesome news, can't wait to try! Third parties are actually delivering this holiday, while Nintendo is not! How bizarre.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder if they'll have time to implement motionplus for all the non-shooting items, seems like a perfect fit.

zallaaa

RE4 Wii sold well so Capcom is porting DR
Should have it fail for Capcom to bring some new IP???? I mean, I'd love a side-story, but another port with improved controls...
I'd like to smell some sulfurous breath of fire capcom!

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I was right, along with many others

could be cool I guess. I nevr played much of the original
zallaaa said:
Should have it fail for Capcom to bring some new IP???? I mean, I'd love a side-story, but another port with improved controls...
I'd like to smell some sulfurous breath of fire capcom!
You played it!!?

No I kid. I prefer Re4 on Wii so I may prefer this if it aint a fuckin waggle fest.

laserbeam

Banned
New Bosses,changed camera and aiming systems etc this sounds like they are really putting effort in to reward Wii gamers for buying RE4 etc

Sadist

Just saw the scans... wow, that doesn't even look bad! You can see it's downgraded obviously, but it's pretty good looking all the same. This with the RE 4 over the shoulder cam makes me a happy camper. *Writes Dead Rising Wii on wishlist*

BlackTyrano said:
Ehh, the guns still won't be end all because they don't kill mobs nearly as fast or stun them as well as good melee weapons. Well, the pistol-type weapons don't. This will make that annoying ass jeep gunner a lot easier to deal with though. :D

Yeah, jesus. Hopefully those convicts don't respawn either, that was easily the lamest part of the game.

cvxfreak

I think there's going to be extra sub-missions that Otis will bring onto the player.
Either way, the game content will increase with the Wii version.

EDIT: Corrected sentence above.

I don't know how I feel about games being released years later with new content on another platform. I'm a huge fan of the original and now I have to buy it twice?

Tenbatsu

cvxfreak said:
I think there's going to be extra sub-missions that Otis will bring onto the player.
Either way, the game content will increase with the Wii version.

EDIT: Corrected sentence above.
Capcom.....haha what to say here. Although they make a port, they usually add that extra something to make it special(Not counting the recent RE0), no wonder they are call the King of Ports.

Taker666

Well it's nice and all.....but I can't say i'm not a little irritated that their "surprising take on a next gen favoruite " is actually another port (albeit with some alterations). I was hoping for something a little more out there (a Resident Evil game using the Zack and Wiki gameplay engine for instance).

Still it could be worse..they could have just made it a lightgun shooter using the RE:UC engine.

cvxfreak

Linkup said:
Now where's the RE:UC reward. About time these test pay off.

Minoru Nakai seems to have a semi-permanent job at Capcom handling ports/reimaginings of previous Capcom products. He did REDS, RE4 Wii and now DR Wii. I wonder what's next... RE5 Wii? :lol

Top Bottom