• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Definitive word on PS3 demo date for Resident Evil 5 / RE5 ? (banish me if old)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Guymelef said:
WTF Capcom, split screen :lol :lol I think that the final version will be 1-4 players.

lol, wat?

Pallaris

I don't really buy the bullshit 'trial version' disclaimer in most demos sorry. Most of the time these demo's that hit a few weeks before the game is out are pretty much representative of what you're gonna get.

Hopefully it comes good tho, but going on Capcoms past PS3 efforts I'm really not expecting anything.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Y2Kev said:
The framerate is shit. Don't hate.
I wouldn't say its shit, but the fact its got vsync on is not helping things. It framedrops when a lot of stuff is going on, or you are viewing a lot of things/geometry.

Meanwhile the 360 version frametears like a bastard.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pallaris said:
I don't really buy the bullshit 'trial version' disclaimer in most demos sorry. Most of the time these demo's that hit a few weeks before the game is out are pretty much representative of what you're gonna get.

Hopefully it comes good tho, but going on Capcoms past PS3 efforts I'm really not expecting anything.

Um... but others have said this is an old build, likely from TGS... You honestly think they haven't updated it since then?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Dot50Cal said:
http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/gaf/gifs/framerate.gif[IMG]
(Unaltered)

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n95/Kninjaman/kz16jewt1.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
That's a shame. I didn't notice anything like that probably because I was playing in SD.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Pallaris said:

Did you ever even play the RE4 Trial? It was totally different, in menu system and many other things by the time of release. It was released RIGHT before the game was put out. Demos do have a lead time, believe it or not!

BeeDog

Dot50Cal said:
Did you ever even play the RE4 Trial? It was totally different, in menu system and many other things by the time of release. It was released RIGHT before the game was put out. Demos do have a lead time, believe it or not!

Mate, since you seem much more knowledgable than the average grunt in this topic :p, would you say I'm talking out of my nutcracker with my post on the previous page (the last point)?

I'm actually really enjoying the hell out of this Type D and switching to Fastest aim seems to do the trick.

Its a lot better than when I first tried it. I'm pleasantly surprised.

FrankT

Y2Kev said:
The framerate is shit. Don't hate.

It's a chugging no doubt about it. The jags are pretty killer as well.

Dot50Cal said:
I wouldn't say its shit, but the fact its got vsync on is not helping things. It framedrops when a lot of stuff is going on, or you are viewing a lot of things/geometry.

Meanwhile the 360 version frametears like a bastard.

Not from what I've played. I've read some bad things about VGA, but playing this on 720p HDMI, notta. I did run into a couple of instances in the cut-scenes alone on 1080p HDMI however.

Redd

Doc Evils said:
You know, when I was playing the demo I was like "lol how goddamn awful is this?"

WTF happened capcom?

Thought the same thing. Sad thing is I'm still probably going to buy it.

Dot50Cal

Banned
BeeDog said:
Mate, since you seem much more knowledgable than the average grunt in this topic :p, would you say I'm talking out of my nutcracker with my post on the previous page (the last point)?
Things will be polished. This is based off an ancient preview that the press got. I expect numerous things to be changed in the final version.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I'm actually really enjoying the hell out of this Type D and switching to Fastest aim seems to do the trick.

Its a lot better than when I first tried it. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Same here. I have no complaints now.

Well, maybe Sheva's boobs should sway gently while she's standing still.

BeeDog said:
What Dot50's .gif doesn't show is that the frame stuttering is CONSTANT throughout the demo.
I noticed it a grand total of one time. because there was a shitload of enemies on the screen, chainsaw dude coming after me, and an explosion that sent a few enemies flying.

I thought it was entirely reasonable for the game to stutter at that point though, so I thought nothing of it.

Aside from that, nothing.
You guys are blowing it way out of proportion.
...but then again, this is GAF.

BeeDog

Dot50Cal said:
Things will be polished. This is based off an ancient preview that the press got. I expect numerous things to be changed in the final version.

So this has been confirmed now? If true, then I'll keep my preorder. Thanks for the reply!

jmdajr

jett said:
Oh wow...the controls are really crap. After playing other next-gen third-person shooters, this just won't do AT ALL. It's not just the fact that you can't move while you aim. You feel so fucking slow, everything you do is a clunky mess. And again with the running out of ammo shit...goddamnit. Even worse is now that I have to micro manage for a SECOND character, in real-time no less, and with one of the shittiest menus I've seen yet.

Enough with the fucking BUBUBU IT'S A SURVIVAL HORROR GAME schtick, ever since RE4 this series has turned into a shooter. RE5 is even more action-paced than its prequel. Capcom needs to update this thing. You don't need cumbersome and outdated controls to have a creepy atmosphere. RE4 was almost never tense, creepy or scary, anyway.

Graphically it's all right, there's better looking games out there. And the framerate can get QUITE horrible. This game is most definitely a no buy. I have more than enough this season with KZ2 and SF4 anyway.

I feel ya man....
I dont know if I wont buy at all, but it is now past KZ2 and SF4 on my list.

BeeDog said:
So this has been confirmed now? If true, then I'll keep my preorder. Thanks for the reply!

As far as I know this is the same build that was used at TGS, maybe even E3 (was it playable at E3?).

RavenFox

Banned
akachan ningen said:
I really liked dead space, but RE5 has way better design sense in the levels. In DS, every room you walked into was just another monster closet and every time you fought the same groups of enemies and it feels way more repetitive than RE5. I played through the first demo scenario three times and it felt different every time.
You know Dead Space took place on a mining ship in space? Did you expect city blocks and flowing meadows? The game did what it did good. Sure there is always room for improvement. Better design sense? What is RE5 doing new other than new gen graphics and co-op? Don't worry no hate I preorderd the CE.

Some of you people are a bunch of BABIES when it comes to framerate. I play most of my games at 60fps on my PC, and I don't really think RE5 is that bad. If you're gonna bitch about something, bitch about how many fucking errors you get when you try to join random games. Now that shit is annoying.

Dot50Cal said:

Listen to this fucking man! :D

Pop On Arrival said:
Some of you people are a bunch of BABIES when it comes to framerate. I play most of my games at 60fps on my PC, and I don't really think RE5 is that bad. If you're gonna bitch about something, bitch about how many fucking errors you get when you try to join random games. Now that shit is annoying.

Exactly ...people need to STFU

Erebus

Pop On Arrival said:

I had more trouble joining private games. On the contrary, I didn't get any errors with random games, not even once.

CosmicGroinPull said:
Same here. I have no complaints now.

Well, maybe Sheva's boobs should sway gently while she's standing still.

Wind breeze :). Least it's an excuse as opposed to Rose and the sixasis in MGS 4.

I should add make sure its FASTEST and not just fast. I made that mistake at first.

Yeah, I mean hasn't this build been floating around since TGS 2008 and maybe even older.

DarkUSS said:
I had more trouble joining private games. On the contrary, I didn't get any errors with random games, not even once.

I'm 2/2 when it comes to joining friend games, so I don't really know if it works well or not, but so far so good. Not a lot of people on my friends list seem to be playing the demo.

bomb_jack

Have any of the reviews/previews mentioned these significant changes from demo to full game that everyone seems to think are in place.

snap0212

Doc Evils said:
You know, when I was playing the demo I was like "lol how goddamn awful is this?"

WTF happened capcom?
Same here. :( Gotta play it more, I think. I'll play it as long as it takes for me to love it. :lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
bomb_jack said:
Have any of the reviews/previews mentioned these significant changes from demo to full game that everyone seems to think are in place.

erm .. OPM gave it a 5/5 ..

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow, I must be in luck. I didn't notice any frame-rate drops as severe as the gif that was was posted.

I don't have a keen eye for them, but I would have seen something like that, and I didn't, so :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
sykoex said:
And even the review build doesn't have the running while shooting control scheme implemented.

of course it doesn't, it was never meant to be in it.

This doesnt even feel like an RE game to me. Wherse the spooky atmosphere? Does chris do any missions solo?

This is more like a gears of war mod.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but excellent job on the surround sound and sound design of the game.

Also you CAN do head stomps, just make sure you're over the head and not the torso. If you're on the head, you get the goods.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay, I'm having a weird issue with online co-op... it won't let me join an invited game, but I can host them and people can join... and when I play co-op mode, the screen is really dark, like it's still stuck in in-game XMB mode without the icons, if that makes sense...
Just played a round with CrushDance and got owned by the chainsaw guy D:

Do I have to redownload from the US store to play with you ppl with the US demo or can I play with them w/ the JP demo just fine?

Top Bottom