• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew.

Banned
Out of here in less than an hour

Ohhhhhh shiiiiiiiit it's gonna be ON tonight and into sunrise possibly...

T8nAUud.gif

Zomba13

Agreed. I did the moon/awoken the hive thing for glimmer and spent it all on ammo for heavy. SO glad I did. Some of these strikes (chandelier) are very hard as you can get trapped in a small area and wizards prevent you from leaving to get ammo.

Running out of all Ammo regens you a bunch of all types after 30 seconds. If you're out of ammo and in a sfae place you can wait to get a bunch of White, Green and Purple ammo. IIRC I got 5 rockets, half or more Sniper and a bunch of main. not sure on the actual ammo counts as my weapons change when against bosses.

Amory

is anyone else's connection cutting out? I've gotten dropped from the last 2 strikes i tried to do when I was almost at the end...pissing me off.

Seil

I genuinely feel like the final raid boss is in some ways easier than this Xyor shit x.x still haven't managed to get him to spawn. The hard part in the raid is getting everything coordinated. The hard part here is "Holy fuck wizard, yes his shield's down, FUCK THERE ARE FIVE KNIGHTS ON MY ASS" *runs away and gets exploded by a cursed thrall that spawned on me*

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Agreed. I did the moon/awoken the hive thing for glimmer and spent it all on ammo for heavy. SO glad I did. Some of these strikes (chandelier) are very hard as you can get trapped in a small area and wizards prevent you from leaving to get ammo.
I just got done solo-ing the weekly strike.

The Heavy Ammo on demand is the only thing that made it doable for me.

Cømet;130804193 said:
Okay, I dunno how this 25 k/d spread thing works now. I got 24 kills 8 deaths (or very close to that) and I'm on 22/25...

Well, if you died 6 times before you got your first kill, that would be right. You can't drop below 0.

Aces&Eights

Running out of all Ammo regens you a bunch of all types after 30 seconds. If you're out of ammo and in a sfae place you can wait to get a bunch of White, Green and Purple ammo. IIRC I got 5 rockets, half or more Sniper and a bunch of main. not sure on the actual ammo counts as my weapons change when against bosses.

Even with no kills? I would use a clip on the wizards, get their shields down and then they leave, lol. So, I would waste my ammo and not kill anyone unless I got lucky and a Knight walked in. If what you say is true I'm bogarting my ammo from now on damnit.

MedIC86

Meh im not really liking the end game (and that is saying as a hardcore diablo 2/3/wow player in terms of farming). Its just to little to do? same strikes over and over, hardly any fun just bullet sponging.

Also isnt PVP superior in every way for farming gear timewise?

MidEvlDed

Wow. Someone please tell me that these strike playlists aren't the actual best way to get vanguard marks

If you're doing the public event loop with bounties/patrols/and collecting spinmetal, helium, etc. in between then that is the fastest way. But you still essentially get 12 marks per hour with the level 24 strike which is pretty good. It's the rep that strikes give you that hurts. Because of this, the public event/bounty/patrol method is the way to go for marks and rep simultaneously.

Off work 15 minutes!

Then a weekend of Destiny, Destiny, Destiny.

I expect to be close to Level 28 by the end of the weekend.

Any suggested places to find Motes of Light and Strange Coins? I'm thinking blue engrams from the Skywatch spots hoping they turn into either?

Aces&Eights

Meh im not really liking the end game (and that is saying as a hardcore diablo 2/3/wow player in terms of farming). Its just to little to do? same strikes over and over, hardly any fun just bullet sponging.

60,000+ posts are telling you there is much to still do. You either like it or you won't, that is up to you but I feel there is a lot more than just a couple strikes and bullet sponges post end-game. You have all the crucible stuff to do, bounties to collect, vanguard to rank up, better gear and armor to obtain, missions on each planet to explore, fun spots to grind for money...i dunno, I'm hooked, though.

I genuinely feel like the final raid boss is in some ways easier than this Xyor shit x.x still haven't managed to get him to spawn. The hard part in the raid is getting everything coordinated. The hard part here is "Holy fuck wizard, yes his shield's down, FUCK THERE ARE FIVE KNIGHTS ON MY ASS" *runs away and gets exploded by a cursed thrall that spawned on me*

Doing Nightfall strike yesterday certainly made it feel like group coordination is the most important and crucial thing. Good aim helps too though sometimes.

Cømet

Banned
? Who plays Destiny and doesn't switch up their Subclass constantly? Sticking with just one is really limiting your potential, I love my
sunbreakers.

Have to admit, I've switched striker and defender quite frequently, especially during tough strikes where elemental damage comes into play. Gotta keep your options open!

Well, if you died 6 times before you got your first kill, that would be right. You can't drop below 0.

Nah I got about 8 kills before I died....dunno what's going with that! I'll see what the next game I play gives. Anyway, at least it's a fairly easy bounty to do eh!

On a tangent, I did this in combined arms. So this "new mode" is basically clash with more heavy weapon ammo eh? That sucks.......but now I love clash. Dat gameplay. I dare you to say that's not like halo 3.

Maybe once I get better gear. As a lowly lvl 21 I don't think I stand a chance ATM.

That's very true. Well man, good luck! I'm here if you need backup on a strike :) (on PS4 anyway lol) If there's a better way to get coins coming in let me know, I need to hit 17 before Xur leaves so I can get that beastly rocket launcher. Could try the strike playlist? That's good for blues and I've had quite a few blues turn into coins in the past?

Can we please stop with the 'X is the best class'? Are you 8 years-old or something? Grow up. There's more than one way to play and everyone has different tastes, get over it.

BraXzy

I've narrpwed my exptic armour piece choice to either The Helm of the Third Man or The Crest of Alpha Luphi. Or whatever they are both called. Once I get two more motes of light I'm gonna take a chance at the exotic engrams.

Zomba13

Last chance to guess what I got out of 19 Legendary Engrams!

Video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMf4cmyiFEo

Even with no kills? I would use a clip on the wizards, get their shields down and then they leave, lol. So, I would waste my ammo and not kill anyone unless I got lucky and a Knight walked in. If what you say is true I'm bogarting my ammo from now on damnit.

Once you have no ammo at all, no primary, special or heavy ammo at all (Having packs in your bag is fine as long as you don't use them) if you wait, even without killing anything, even without moving at all, you will get a bunch given back to you. Unsure if it works for Nightfall or Raid stuff yet but worked for me when I was soloing the lvl26 weekly.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just finished nightfall, mostly 2 manned with Namikaze and Zrocool came help the end. Thanks guys.

Nafai1123

Banned
Cømet;130805375 said:
That's very true. Well man, good luck! I'm here if you need backup on a strike :) (on PS4 anyway lol) If there's a better way to get coins coming in let me know, I need to hit 17 before Xur leaves so I can get that beastly rocket launcher. Could try the strike playlist? That's good for blues and I've had quite a few blues turn into coins in the past?

Thanks! I'll add you on PSN. :)

Aces&Eights

A false god.

And yet the prayers are in the millions. I think I am more worried that I will finally have enough to buy legendary and spend the coins and then get the same piece in a drop on my next mission compared to just running around in blue and hoping against hope.

I finally did the 25 Strikes and got 10k Crucible score to get Bad Juju!

And I'm not feeling it. Compared to my Legendary Hand Cannon it doesn't feel as smooth. Crits are harder to pull off and the shots per mag is lower.

Anyone with Bad Juju, does it get better with the instant reload and damage increase?

When it rains..

Got three legendary weapons from that cave of treasures, bunch of coins and motes of light, bought helm and armor from Xur which actually turned out to be for my class, all within last 8 hours.

I know its all going to be downhill from here :(

Cømet

Banned
60,000+ posts are telling you there is much to still do. You either like it or you won't, that is up to you but I feel there is a lot more than just a couple strikes and bullet sponges post end-game. You have all the crucible stuff to do, bounties to collect, vanguard to rank up, better gear and armor to obtain, missions on each planet to explore, fun spots to grind for money...i dunno, I'm hooked, though.

After putting hundreds of hours into Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, this is a roller coaster of awesome and excitement. I can still sit and stare at the amazing horizon like I did in those Fallout titles, but also everything on offer is more exciting and less of a trudge to the next task.

Can we please stop with the 'X is the best class'? Are you 8 years-old or something? Grow up. There's more than one way to play and everyone has different tastes, get over it.

You do realise it's all a joke right? Most of us are gonna play all three classes, but it's fun to tease each other and proclaim we're the best. I recommend developing a sense of humour there man.

*titans da best*

What is RNG?

Random Number Generator- it's basically what decides what you get out of your engrams based on a database of numbers assigned to different items. Hence, RNGesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom