• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the Halo games have always looked good they have never been the pinnacle of graphics. And this was coming from a first party company. Not sure how capable they will be at cross platform gaming much less trying their hand at the challenging environment of programming a PC game. I'm going to have to take a wait and see on this one when it comes to a PC version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
...they changed the formatting of the homepage and now it's horrible?
Yes. It's clearly made to be used on multiple devices like Polygon's site and as a result it suffers on desktops. Hate when sites do that.

Pages take longer to load, if you scroll over Forums on the menu tab, the subforums don't go away, all that was before available immediately at the top for navigation is now stashed under a menu, etc.

I think the game is going to be good, but don't think bungie is going to make another competitive arena shooter.
And I'm not gonna fall for bungie's marketing again. None of their games have lived up to the hype that they have set

Runs like shit in Chrome on my Mac

runs ok in firefox on my mac.

if it's slow, they tweeted about it earlier:

B1atDPE.png

Bsigg12

Someone should start parsing through the ign website to see if they've uploaded the vidoc early to their site like they did with the Halo 4 map reveals. I'm at work otherwise I would be playing around with it...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm guessing the city is the MMO space with no combat, and you posse up to venture out on missions with daily challenges and the like.
I missed this post earlier, but this is a great idea and my guess too. If it is indeed an MMO, I wonder how they'll handle fast travel, because that is necessary for returning to the hub world.

The way the releases are structured though makes me think it won't be what everyone traditionally thinks of as an MMO, or even an MMO. I really just think that it will be like Borderlands with a TDU-style interaction system and a stimulus package for both co-op and competitive MP (Comet) as bigger releases alongside smaller content packs, etc.

Come to think of it, around BL2's release, when doing PR, Randy Pitchford was talking about him hearing that a big publisher was working on a "Borderlands-killer"... Maybe that's Destiny?

Pooya

The site 'design' is entirely made of huge squares, yikes. waste of space with little useful info on the main page either. pretty poor.

ia5jKy9.png

Destiny FB page, diaper icon hype.
Kind of feels strange that they are announcing a "reveal" of something they are already officially recognizing. I mean yeah of course it's no secret what it is, but still. You don't see Sony saying, "Tune in Wednesday for the reveal of the PlayStation 4!"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So looks like there will be factions?
My theory was:
- 2 (at least) fighting Human Races
- Alien invaders
- Protectors
- 1 more

But now that I'm thinking about it, there may just be 5 different human groups that were all at war and united when the invaders came. I'm curious as to the implications this has on the guns and vehicles. I wonder if they'll have comparable weapon designs with similar functions (BR/Carbine/Light Rifle, etc.) across factions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom