• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

I can't believe Capcom missed out on unveiling DMC5 at a legendary E3 conference...

What a fuck up.

The Last Guardian, Shenmue III AND FF7 Remake were all unveiled before DMC5... that is a big ass pill to swallow.

Oh well... time to get on the TGS HYPE TRAIN!
In reality on some level those might have overshadowed DMC5. But still more people watch E3 than TGS... Huge missed opportunity.

Probably biggest gut wrench in a while, because could almost taste DMC5 at this E3. While past E3s DMC5 was a hope and prayer..

guess we better start showing our support on dem surveys
mjcry1.png

You had that feeling that when Last Guardian and FF7 remake get leaked before DMC5, that the likelihood of DMC5 showing up was pretty low (no way that was in some locked vault). Capcom isn't really looking good at all right now. No big reveals...

TreIII

Hmm. I suppose there's always a chance something may get showcased within the next few days.

But either way...there's no stopping the DMC5 (and Soulcalibur 6) hype train I'm on!

I ain't even mad, we got literally everything aside from it lmao.

Capcom goofed.
I'm mad, besides DMC4:SE, don't care for a FF7 remake, TLG, or Shemnue III. It's basically like everyone got what they wanted for Christmas when they weren't expecting it, while we were expecting DMC5 with Itsuno showing up and DMC4:SE launching in a week and we got nothing lol..

Dahbomb

Hey guys remember...

TLG, FF7 and Shenmue fans had to deal with disappointments and no shows for over a DECADE! This is only our first no show!

Chin up, get DMC4SE, enjoy it, fill out some surveys.. and we will see each other at TGS!

I just wished I could've turned Super Saiyan with the rest of GAF...

Panti Rhei must be going through some shit. Almost 3 years and no whisper of RE 7, Deep Down perpetually delayed and MIA nearly 2 1/2 years after announcement, Street Fighter V is on Unreal Engine 4, Revelations 2 was on MT Frameworks, and so on.

We have to wait for the entire summer to be over for TGS train. Ugh.. Not getting hyped again unless we get some solid rumors, seems like everything these days leaks somehow.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hate to say I called it, friends. There was never any indication this was going to be at E3 so I don't see why anyone is disappointed.

Hate to say I called it, friends. There was never any indication this was going to be at E3 so I don't see why anyone is disappointed.
Well Verendus put it as a possibly showing up at E3, Itsuno coming to E3 and DMC4:SE release window made it seem possible. More possible than TLG, Shemnue 3, and FF7 remake... which all showed up.

Dahbomb

Well Verendus put it as a possibly showing up at E3, Itsuno coming to E3 and DMC4:SE release window made it seem possible. More possible than TLG, Shemnue 3, and F7 remake... which all showed up.
Yeah this right here.

DMC5 was 100 times more likely than Shenmue 3.

Aside from a vague tweet there was no real indication that Shenmue 3 was going to be at E3.

Llyranor

Do we know if the new characters (specifically, Vergil) will be available through the missions from the start, or will we have to play as Nero/Dante all over again?

SykoTech

Really sucks that DMC5 couldn't be a part of that hype ass conference. Gotta say though, the most I was expecting was a short teaser with probably no gameplay, and something like that would have probably been swept under the TLG/FFVIIR/Shenmue III bombardment.

TGS it is then. Hopefully it makes a big splash complete with a gameplay demo like Horizon did.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well Verendus put it as a possibly showing up at E3, Itsuno coming to E3 and DMC4:SE release window made it seem possible. More possible than TLG, Shemnue 3, and FF7 remake... which all showed up.

Verendus had like 25 games on that list and even said it was just a wishlist. I'd rather just be happy the game is in development than upset I didn't get to see a CG trailer 2 years before release. That's just my perspective as a guy who hates seeing games announced too early.

guys there is still time.

apparently there are 2 Itsuno interviews/streams starting tmw and then Langdon on 18th...

We can at least fish for a leak that should tide us over till TGS... or whenever

Santana_is_sad.gif

I really hope so.

Saito said he can't talk about MGR2 during transformers stream, so I'm hoping Itsuno gives a cheeky smile or say something along that lines, which for me is enough confirmation.
I will be looking for facial cues and such to ensure that hype remains strong...
uhh... look at me acting all Cal Lightman like...

aXEYuxL.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They might show something in the next few days or they might not. No skin off my back. We know it's coming. And I'm ready to dig into a fresh game of DMC4SE next week.

Astral Dog

Look at the bright side guys, when DMC 5 is announced it wont be overshadowed by the likes of Shenmue 3 or The Last Guardian, it will steal the show.

Saito said he can't talk about MGR2, so I'm hoping Itsuno gives a cheeky smile or say something along that lines, which for me is enough confirmation.
I will be looking for facial cues and such to ensure that hype remains strong...
uhh... look at me acting all Cal Lightman like...

aXEYuxL.jpg
We already know DMC5 is probably in development so they will probably give us smiles or something dumb like that. What we really need is confirmation that MGR2 is in development other than "we can't talk about that now." Because my fear with MGR2 is they might be in renegotiations with Konami for their contract, which could result in MGR2 entirely getting cancelled or having a lower budget. Man Kojima getting fired really sucks... I thought the man was untouchable.

Sephzilla

Honestly though, DMC5 would have gotten overshadows as fuck today if it was announced. I mean Jesus Christ, that Sony conference was basically someone summoning the Old Ones.

Dahbomb

Honestly though, DMC5 would have gotten overshadows as fuck today if it was announced. I mean Jesus Christ, that Sony conference was basically someone summoning the Old Ones.
Come on son, they had that Dreams game, the Hitman game a bunch of other Indie stuff. It would've been fine being in there and would've added to the hype.

By that notion Sony shouldn't have had anything else at the conference except for those 3 games because everything was going to get over shadowed by them.

Sephzilla

Come on son, they had that Dreams game, the Hitman game a bunch of other Indie stuff. It would've been fine being in there and would've added to the hype.

By that notion Sony shouldn't have had anything else at the conference except for those 3 games because everything was going to get over shadowed by them.

Honestly, I forgot about those games until you just brought them back up.

Thats admittedly due to the fact that I give zero shits about Hitman

Tizoc

DMC5 reveal during TGS 2015.
Berieve.

For now though, seems GMG is the cheapest to get DMC4SE for under $19.

Sesha

What are some of you crying for? It's gonna be at TGS for sure.

And of course Capcom were gonna miss out at the biggest Sony E3 conference ever. This is the company that snoozed on Jurassic World. They don't understand how powerful hype is, and they're not very good at making calculated business moves.

You joke, but after what was revealed today, I wouldn't view it as an impossibility any longer.

You forget, we're talking about Valve, Square and EA. And Square already did their crazy fan fave announcement. Chrono fans will have to wait another decade or so.

I'm pretty sure DMC4 was Sony's 2005 E3 conference and DmC was TGS 2010. I can't remember where I read this, but apparently Dragon's Dogma was supposed to be announced at TGS 2010, but it was swapped with DmC.

I think it was first revealed on GameInformer, not counting the "DMC3 Dante in a snowy area" pic and the "MJ Dante beats up the camera" video.

Top Bottom