• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

TreIII

Not giving up, yet. It's gotten to the point where I started dreaming about the reveals, crowd reactions and GIF responses, last night...

Dahbomb

What if they all get announced on the same day
Would surpass all E3s as best E3 of all time. It actually wouldn't be close IMO.

I think at that point the only way it would be better if they announced MVC4/Capcom All Stars and ZOE3.

Can't believe GAF hype up that piece of shit Shenmue over a god tier game like ZOE2. All Shenmue did was give us fucking QTEs...

Sephzilla

Would surpass all E3s as best E3 of all time. It actually wouldn't be close IMO.

I cant imagine how I'd react if DMC5, FF7R, and TLG were all announced at Sony's conference. It would basically be Sony walking out and doing Devil Triggered DMC4 Stingers to Xbox for about 2 hours.

I'm also pretty sure GAF would be down until Wednesday as a result.

I think at that point the only way it would be better if they announced MVC4/Capcom All Stars and ZOE3.

Can't believe GAF hype up that piece of shit Shenmue over a god tier game like ZOE2. All Shenmue did was give us fucking QTEs...
Yah I don't get the love for shenmue either. Why are people more hype for Shenmue 3 than DMC5... Rip games with good gameplay..

Sephzilla

I'd be okay with Shenmue 3 existing simply to finish the story of those games. I don't like franchises ending open ended (see: the Devil May Cry franchise)

Shadoken

Why you guys be hating on shenmue ;(.... It's an amazing game.

Am not too hype for dmc 5 at e3 simply coz there isn't that much info and capcom being broke as fuk. Usually capcom games get leaked one way or the other.

Dahbomb

People don't remember who god awful those games were mechanically.

It's really only the story/characters that are decent and they were decent more than a decade ago... they don't hold up anymore. The only reason why there's demand for Shenmue is because of the unresolved stuff in Shenmue 2.

You know how many other franchises/games have unresolved shit?

Let's see:

DMC4
Dino Crisis 2
HALF LIFE 2
Viewtiful Joe 2
Darksiders 2
Prince of Persia (2008)
Beyond Good and Evil
Legacy of Kain Defiance

I would have legit sequels to EVERY ONE of those games over a Shenmue 3. At this point Shenmue 3 is basically an E3 meme and an old wives tale.

Sephzilla

Dahbomb is unusually salty about Shenmue still having a fanbase.

I'd be more excited/hopeful about Darksiders having a real ending if Darksiders 2 didn't have one of the most halfassed lazy endings of the PS360 generation

At this point Shenmue 3 is basically an E3 meme and an old wives tale.

So was The Last Guardian.

Astarte

Shenmue got lucky hit, cliff hanger story, and some rad arcade games
Yakuza already has arcade games down so shenmue got 2 left.

Embarrassingly enough, I know next-to-nothing about Shenmue, so I couldn't care less about a Shenmue 3 announcement. FFVII is something I'd be down with though, cross-dressing squats and all.

Dahbomb

I'd also be more excited about Darksiders having a real ending of Darksiders 2 didn't have one of the most halfassed lazy endings of the PS360 generation
Darksiders 2 was a side story, not an actual sequel. It was supposed to end where the first one ended.

That was really their problem with the game to begin with. They shouldn't have done that and instead went with the 4 player co-op game that they wanted to make with all the 4 Horsemen.

Embarrassingly enough, I know next-to-nothing about Shenmue, so I couldn't care less about a Shenmue 3 announcement. FFVII is something I'd be down with though, cross-dressing squats and all.
Good. I would probably get banned for shit talking Shenmue outside of this thread though LOL!

I don't hate Shenmue though... I just hate the hype culture surrounding it. The game was perfectly fine when it came out so it's hard to hate it with current standards of writing and mechanics.

It's really only the story/characters that are decent and they were decent more than a decade ago... they don't hold up anymore. The only reason why there's demand for Shenmue is because of the unresolved stuff in Shenmue 2.

You know how many other franchises/games have unresolved shit?

Let's see:

DMC4
Dino Crisis 2
HALF LIFE 2
Viewtiful Joe 2
Darksiders 2
Prince of Persia (2008)
Beyond Good and Evil
Legacy of Kain Defiance

I would have legit sequels to EVERY ONE of those games over a Shenmue 3. At this point Shenmue 3 is basically an E3 meme and an old wives tale.

I wonder if the BG+E sequel would even proceed from the ending of BG+E1. I would expect it to be a rebooted BG+E themed Assassin's Creed at this point.

Sephzilla

That was really their problem with the game to begin with. They shouldn't have done that and instead went with the 4 player co-op game that they wanted to make with all the 4 Horsemen.

100% agreed. That's the Darksiders sequel I wanted

I wonder if the BG+E sequel would even proceed from the ending of BG+E1. I would expect it to be a rebooted BG+E themed Assassin's Creed at this point.

at this point i think BG&E2 was quietly cancelled

Dahbomb

A friend of mine found this on Steamapps. I wonder what this could be? Perhaps they're remastering 1-3 for Steam so that the whole franchise is available on there? This gives more evidence to a sequel happening, sort of.

https://steamdb.info/app/380280/subs/
s3ou1t.gif

This actually requires a new thread. Just make sure you list it as "Rumor" so people don't get it twisted.

DMC1 on Steam plus HOPEFULLY a fixed up DMC3 version on PC... GODLIKE!!!

Nah, I'm a junior member so I can't do that. Perhaps this will be announced today? With all this momentum they're building, we'll probably hear something about a sequel soon. It wouldn't make sense to draw all this attention to it and not announce something, or announce it as a 2017 game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
A friend of mine found this on Steamapps. I wonder what this could be? Perhaps they're remastering 1-3 for Steam so that the whole franchise is available on there? This gives more evidence to a sequel happening, sort of.

https://steamdb.info/app/380280/subs/

Couldn't that just be an entry for the sale? They've been putting up "franchise" sales all week. Also, the three corresponding titles could be DmC, DMC3, and DMC4.

At the very least I'd vet it through the Steam thread, since they're used to things like this.

Shadoken

1 had pretty bad controls but 2 fixed most of the stuff. I feel the combat was really good (leagues ahead of most RPGs at the time), it is essentially a Virtua Fighter RPG.

Most of the games you mentioned came out much later , and were inspired by many other titles. Shenmue is one of a kind.

And HL3,DMC5 have plenty of hype behind them much more than Shenmue 3 ever will. Its just a GAF thing.

Sephzilla

I should be more upset about the lack of MGR2 right now but honestly that FF7 hype has me on the brink of going Super Saiyan right now

Astral Dog

I should be more upset about the lack of MGR2 right now but honestly that FF7 hype has me on the brink of going Super Saiyan right now

A FF7 Remake? we should know to not be hyped for that, after all the hype that went to FFXV and Type 0 SE would be insane to attempt it without delivering a great Final Fantasy game again.

mandas

Neo Member
My little story of what got me into DMC. I was in high school and had only played Nintendo games and was really wanting a gamecube. One of my guy friends told me I really needed a PS2. He even let me borrow his and let me borrow a new game he thought I'd like. DMC. My first M rated game. AHHH! I fell instantly in love with the game! The atmospheric music, the Gothic feel, all the cool moves and things this character could do that I didn't know was possible and how damned awesome Dante was. I have never played a game like this before and wow, little did I know I was being introduced to the PS2 and a game that started a new genre.

So. I saved my money and bought a PS2 and yes, the first game I bought for it was DMC. After that I was hooked. DMC2 disappointed. DMC3 was a rebirth of love and DMC4, with it's gameplay and sales number I felt a sigh of relief after it did so well because I thought that DMC5 was a sure thing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So you're saying there's a chance.gif

There's absolutely a chance. We all know that Platinum likes to shift around talent to get experience for their younger staff. No game director has stayed on as director for any sequel. I wouldn't take Saito being involved in another project as a sign of anything for a potential MGR2.

Dahbomb

Ubisoft conference about to start in a bit, Sony conference after that.

It's time to make one last prayer for DMC5...

Itsuno-sama who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy mercy come,
Thy craft be done,
In action games, as it is stylish
Give us this day our daily DMC
and forgive the inferior action games
as we also have played them.

And lead us not into more shitty action games...

BUT DELIVER US DMC5!

Amen

Top Bottom