• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

Shauni

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that interview. There's no way DMC4SE gets made without them seriously thinking about continuing the OG series soon after its release. DMC5 will probably be announced in the near future. Just gotta be patient.

You realize, too, that DmC got the same treatment, and a higher profile one at that since I believe it had a full retail release in every region? Not sure just the fact that it's getting released is necessarily a sign that Capcom is "seriously thinking" about continuing either line. Obviously, that's the hope and dream, but that survey thing mentioned is accurate, it really is a bad sign.

You realize, too, that DmC got the same treatment, and a higher profile one at that since I believe it had a full retail release in every region? Not sure just the fact that it's getting released is necessarily a sign that Capcom is "seriously thinking" about continuing either line. Obviously, that's the hope and dream, but that survey thing mentioned is accurate, it really is a bad sign.

It's not like they just did some balance changes and cleaned up the graphics like Definitive Edition. They added 3 playable characters to DMC4SE and added opening and ending cutscenes for each character. They even went out and got a new voice actress for Lady as well as Japanese voice acting which is a first in the series. There's absolutely no reason to do all that work if they just wanted to make a quick buck and see if people are still interested in the series. Let E3 and TGS pass before we go all doom and gloom because of one PR interview.

Part 3 of the Interviews is up...

Man, it seems Itsuno and Shimomura really like working with each other, they are just laughing all the times.

But what's with that talk about CG at the end? Was there a CG trailer for DMC4SE that I'm not aware of? The way Shimomura talks about the subject and then Itsuno says it would've been awkward if he had said he don't like them. I mean why would it akward if DMC series ain't using them?

Hmmm. Tell me guys, do you think they are actually talking about the inevitable DMC5 CG trailer? Or have the thirst for new DMC finally gotten to me and I've lost all my senses and seeing DMC5 in everything?

Man, it seems Itsuno and Shimomura really like working with each other, they are just laughing all the times.

But what's with that talk about CG at the end? Was there a CG trailer for DMC4SE that I'm not aware of? The way Shimomura talks about the subject and then Itsuno says it would've been awkward if he had said he don't like them. I mean why would it akward if DMC series ain't using them?

Hmmm. Tell me guys, do you think they are actually talking about the inevitable DMC5 CG trailer? Or have the thirst for new DMC finally gotten to me and I've lost all my senses and seeing DMC5 in everything?
Interesting point.. But frankly hard to tell (there is no CG trailers I can recall for DMC4SE).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I still think DMC5 is well underway but yeah, anyone expecting to see it at E3 is going to be disappointed. Probably a late 2016/early 2017 game.

I still think DMC5 is well underway but yeah, anyone expecting to see it at E3 is going to be disappointed. Probably a late 2016/early 2017 game.

I'd be happy with Capcom just announcing that development has started/is underway. Gameplay or a full blown trailer can come later

Clawww

yeah, they're brilliant and have excellent chemistry. DMC5 will have been a long time coming when it arrives, but it'll be in the right hands for sure

I think he was talking about the action sequences in vergil prologue etc... but idk

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Then Itsuno's presence at E3 kinda seems...unnecessary...

It's been retread repeatedly, but Capcom often flies people out to network. And also to apparently have panels for seemingly no reason. Niitsuma flying out for a UMvC3 panel to announce nothing is a prime example.

It's been retread repeatedly, but Capcom often flies people out to network. And also to apparently have panels for seemingly no reason. Niitsuma flying out for a UMvC3 panel to announce nothing is a prime example.

True. But recall Nitsuma is a producer. Itsuno is a game designer / director.

This type of networking you speak of makes more sense for executive producers to do, not game designers.

Also recall that not everything gets leaked. Just because a DMC5 hasn't been leaked doesn't mean it won't show up at E3. But I do now realize that whatever it may be, could just be a short title teaser if anything. If it was something substantial it would have been leaked or hinted at by now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
True. But recall Nitsuma is a producer. Itsuno is a game designer / director.

This type of networking you speak of makes more sense for executive producers to do, not game designers.

Also recall that not everything gets leaked. Just because a DMC5 hasn't been leaked doesn't mean it won't show up at E3. But I do now realize that whatever it may be, could just be a short title teaser if anything. If it was something substantial it would have been leaked or hinted at by now.

That could definitely be true, though it seems like producers take a much more active role in the game development in Japan versus the west. And Capcom seems to be putting Itsuno in the limelight more than usual lately.

Don't get me wrong. I haven't given up hope. I'm still of the belief that we'll see a reveal at either E3 or TGS. Some time this summer at least. I just wouldn't put it past Capcom to fly Itsuno out for DMC4SE and not much else.

Squishy3

Shimomura also works in live action stunt coordination, so he's probably just referring to the cutscenes as CG.

I think in the Bayonetta let's play Kamiya did he refers to the cutscenes as FMV and not cutscenes, lol. People call things different things than what's normally accepted as the norm.

E3 isn't the end. The summer of DMC has a few more months left.

TGS has been like a graveyard lately, so unless they tease something at E3.

Vlr3G4t.jpg

I just find it hard to believe that they'd do so much brand promotion for them to pack it up because a Special Edition of a seven year old game didn't sell well. I mean, in the past 6 month alone we've got/announced:

Sengoku Basara x Devil May Cry
Dante in Monster Hunter
Dante and Vergil in Project X Zone 2
Devil May Cry Soundbook
Devil May Cry 3142 art book
DmC Definitive Edition with a bunch of balancing done to cater to hardcore players
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition with 3 new characters, new cutscenes, and they went through the trouble of bringing Itsuno and Shimomura on it.
"Devil May Cry can certainly be expanded"
Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

That's exactly what gearing up for a new brand announcement looks like. I mean, I guess that all could just be to cash in on the brand and then move on, it just seems like they went through great lengths to hype up the brand -just- for that.

i-Jest

TGS has been like a graveyard lately, so unless they tease something at E3.

Vlr3G4t.jpg

The end is nigh.

I just find it hard to believe that they'd do so much brand promotion for them to pack it up because a Special Edition of a seven year old game didn't sell well. I mean, in the past 6 month alone we've got/announced:

Sengoku Basara x Devil May Cry
Dante in Monster Hunter
Dante and Vergil in Project X Zone 2
Devil May Cry Soundbook
Devil May Cry 3142 art book
DmC Definitive Edition with a bunch of balancing done to cater to hardcore players
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition with 3 new characters, new cutscenes, and they went through the trouble of bringing Itsuno and Shimomura on it.
"Devil May Cry can certainly be expanded"
Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

That's exactly what gearing up for a new brand announcement looks like. I mean, I guess that all could just be to cash in on the brand and then move on, it just seems like they went through great lengths to hype up the brand -just- for that.

We'll know for sure where the IP stands by the time E3 and/or TGS are done. I'm still on board for an E3 reveal though.

So are people buying the game on PSN, importing, or both to show support?

Dahbomb

Verendus posts are the only thread my hype is hanging on right now...

This E3 has the potential to be the best and the worst for me.
Seems like you need to invest in more games if a huge event like E3 is decided for you based on one franchise.

And even if DMC5 gets unveiled at E3 it will not be more than a very short teaser, with probably no game play footage whatsoever. It's too early for that.

Astarte

I already ordered a pizza to arrive on Monday night tho ._.

Seems like you need to invest in more games if a huge event like E3 is decided for you based on one franchise.

And even if DMC5 gets unveiled at E3 it will not be more than a very short teaser, with probably no game play footage whatsoever. It's too early for that.

Ono could show up in Dante cosplay and yell something about DMC5 and I'd still be hype as shit

Dahbomb

Pretty sure Ono is firmly in the SFV hype bandwagon.

And Ono can't be promoting everything Capcom related at E3.

Now Itsuno showing up in a Dante cosplay... OH BOY!

ezekial45

Banned
Here's something to cheer you guys up. It's the E3 streaming schedule, and there are three sessions with DMC4SE

Tuesday, June 16
12:00-1:00 - Street Fighter V with Peter “ComboFiend” Rosas
1:00-2:00 - Mega Man Legacy Collection with Producer Rey Jimenez
3:00-4:00 – Resident Evil 0 with GregaMan and Brelston
4:00-5:00 – Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition with Director Hideaki Itsuno

Wednesday, June 17
1:00-2:00 – Mega Man Legacy Collection with GregaMan and Brelston
3:00-4:00 – Resident Evil 0 with Product Manager Mike Lunn

Thursday, June 18
12:00-1:00 – Street Fighter V with Peter “ComboFiend” Rosas
1:00-2:00 – Mega Man Legacy Collection with Producer Rey Jimenez
3:00-4:00 – Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition with special guest Reuben Langdon

MrBS

Well I just beat DMC2 with Dante, is there any point to going through with Lucia? I really don't want to play any more of this game :p

Dahbomb

Verendus said that Sony has a Capcom exclusive up their sleeves (game hasn't been announced yet and it isn't SFV/Deep Down).

I don't think I am going to be able to handle another generation of console drama surrounding a DMC game... So I really hope it isn't PS4 console exclusive.

Making it PS4 exclusive isn't too unlikely, though. The Xbox One is a barren wasteland in terms of Japanese support, so Sony might be willing to front the bill on DMC5.I feel like most of the Japanese game fans are smart enough to know that buying an Xbox One for those games isn't the smartest move right now.

Man, this wait is painful. I wish they'd just release the game at the same time worldwide instead of making PC players wait an extra week.

Making it PS4 exclusive isn't too unlikely, though. The Xbox One is a barren wasteland in terms of Japanese support, so Sony might be willing to front the bill on DMC5.I feel like most of the Japanese game fans are smart enough to know that buying an Xbox One for those games isn't the smartest move right now.

Man, this wait is painful. I wish they'd just release the game at the same time worldwide instead of making PC players wait an extra week.

Outside of Japan the game is releasing on the 23rd for everyone, but yeah, really can't wait.

I'm also gonna stay cautiously optimistic about any DMC5 news as I have, it always seemed more like it would be a TGS thing than E3, but who knows.

i-Jest

Here's something to cheer you guys up. It's the E3 streaming schedule, and there are three sessions with DMC4SE

Tuesday, June 16
1:00-2:00 - Mega Man Legacy Collection with Producer Rey Jimenez
3:00-4:00 – Resident Evil 0 with GregaMan and Brelston

Wednesday, June 17
1:00-2:00 – Mega Man Legacy Collection with GregaMan and Brelston
3:00-4:00 – Resident Evil 0 with Product Manager Mike Lunn

Thursday, June 18
12:00-1:00 – Street Fighter V with Peter “ComboFiend” Rosas
1:00-2:00 – Mega Man Legacy Collection with Producer Rey Jimenez
3:00-4:00 – Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition with special guest Reuben Langdon

They gotta be hyping us for a reason guys. It would have been ABSOLUTELY awesome if Daniel Southworth was also a special guest.

Hypron

Well I just beat DMC2 with Dante, is there any point to going through with Lucia? I really don't want to play any more of this game :p

Unless you really want the achievements don't do it. The game's a complete piece of shit and it's even worse with other characters.

I played through it with all the characters and did the bloody palace (by using Trish and infinite DT, fuck doing that legit lol) and didn't enjoy any of it.

Sesha

Verendus said that Sony has a Capcom exclusive up their sleeves (game hasn't been announced yet and it isn't SFV/Deep Down).

I don't think I am going to be able to handle another generation of console drama surrounding a DMC game... So I really hope it isn't PS4 console exclusive.

With SFV going PC, there's at least the chance of a DMC5 PC version as well.

The DMC franchise was always on Playstation anyway.... well special edition can be on PC I guess lol =3

But I don't know, if Sony was already footing the bill for DMC5 Itsuno wouldn't be saying how uncertain it is.

Nemmy

Unless you really want the achievements don't do it. The game's a complete piece of shit and it's even worse with other characters.

I played through it with all the characters and did the bloody palace (by using Trish and infinite DT, fuck doing that legit lol) and didn't enjoy any of it.

I actually probably enjoyed it with Trish the most for what it's worth ("enjoy" is a really strong word in this context). Though looking back now, I just wish I never wasted my life on unlocking her in the first place.

Sephzilla

In my mind Devil May Cry never stopped being a Playstation exclusive franchise

Top Bottom