• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

Akiller

7e245c6cea.jpg

Vergil be like:"I need more Pizza!"
Kappa

all these damn leaks, now Dishonored 2

Yep I've made my peace that DMC5 isn't happening at E3, time to channel my inner Last Guardian and hope for TGS.

Holy shit Platinum Games is making that Transformers game....

Please Itsuno-san.... SAVE US FROM ACTION GAME HELL!!!!

let me get this straight

-No DMC5
-No NG
-God of War teaser...maybe...2017 release by the sound of it
-No Scalebound
-Platinum working on a fuckin' Activision licensed game

das it mayne

TreIII

Can't help but be a bit "jealous" at all these leaks going on, and yet, somehow, the Capcom and Bamco camps have been keeping their pipes tight!

C'mon, guys. Teases of SC6 and/or DMC5 today would've had me straight MOTIVATED! for the rest of the month!

BadWolf

They got to survive somehow. I don't think they are doing that well given the lackluster sales of most of their previous games.

Well if they are going down then I would rather they not screw the genre over while they are at it.

Their biggest problem is that they are a one trick pony.

Really don't like how PG is turning character action games into something cheap to turn a quick buck.

How in the fuck are they "character action games" into anything?

My lord this is the height of overracting.

Don't let developers work on other projects because they are somehow affecting the entire ecosystem of character action games and making them into some sort of kiddie game.

They didn't even confirm MGR2 in the first place. Keep those expectations in check and take the L home with you.

Well if they are going down then I would rather they not screw the genre over while the are at it.

Like look at this shit. Raw salt for no reason.

I said Platinum was the new Treasure, dem dudes who make the spectacle heavy crazy japanese action games

now they following in Treasure's footsteps making trash licensed games :(

BadWolf

How in the fuck are they "character action games" into anything?

My lord this is the height of overracting.

Don't let developers work on other projects because they are somehow affecting the entire ecosystem of character action games and making them into some sort of kiddie game.

They didn't even confirm MGR2 in the first place. Keep those expectations in check and take the L home with you.

Like look at this shit. Raw salt for no reason.

And I'm overreacting?

Ok.

TreIII

Really don't like how PG is turning character action games into something cheap to turn a quick buck.

On the other hand, I think it's necessary. Character action was one of the genres I thought was most in danger of being phased out as generations go on because there's really only the likes of God of War on one hand, and DMC/Bayo/etc. on the other that stand out.

At least this way, the genre still can showcase that it's profitable and can be melded to fit a variety of different uses and audiences. Which is good for potential publishers. And who knows, we might even get a few truly good gems out of them, as well.

It's not unlike how there were a variety of licensed beat em ups in the 80s and 90s that ranged across the board in quality. Where would be without the likes of TMNT TiT (SNES), Alien vs. Predator (CPS2), and the Dungeons & Dragons games (CPS2), for example?

Top Bottom