• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - $9.99 via Amazon Lightning Deal at 8:10PM Pacific Time

Crayons

Banned
It told me in a pop-up window as soon as I added myself, but I haven't figured out if there's a way to check after. Also, just read that another pop-up will appear in the top-right corner while browsing the Amazon site to alert you when a copy is available. Guess you just gotta be vigilant. How much time do we have to claim it before we lose it?
It doesn't tell you what # afterwards.

And it's 2minutes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Strange, not seeing it on the list of upcoming sales. Nor does it say on the product page when it's happening. Maybe it'll appear later today or they just forgot to take it off? Edit: Or maybe it won't appear since I already bought it?

Just got this in, and can confirm that it has the soundtrack.
Awesome, makes it a even better deal at $10.

cj_iwakura

Easily one of my favorite plots in SMT, fantastic game too.

The OST is nothing special, it's just six remixes. The last one is fire, though.

Amazing price for an incredible gem. God bless ATLUS for giving us this fantastic port of an amazing game me and so many others would've missed otherwise.
This is top tier SMT and that's pretty much the best compliment I can give to a game.

Riposte

I really didn't like the amount of time I was spending building teams in SMTIV, nor the combat and how I felt the design was compromised by using manual saving as a crutch. I actually passed up on this for SMTIV, but maybe there is a slight chance I would like it more. Still, I should probably skip it altogether.

cj_iwakura

I really didn't like the amount of time I was spending building teams in SMTIV, nor the combat and how I felt the design was compromised by using manual saving as a crutch. I actually passed up on this for SMTIV, but maybe there is a slight chance I would like it more. Still, I should probably skip it altogether.

SMT IV is a lot more forgiving than Soul Hackers. And easier to break.

What shipping method? It'd be awesome if I get my BF Vita tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it arriving when I'm at work the next day.

Also, I hope people enjoy, It's a classic.

2-Day Prime, still zippy for that.

Hearing that it's less forgiving than SMTIV worries me but I'll play anything cyberpunk.

/Anything/.

cj_iwakura

2-Day Prime, still zippy for that.

Hearing that it's less forgiving than SMTIV worries me but I'll play anything cyberpunk.

/Anything/.

I'll elaborate a little, SMTIV has a tough beginning but it becomes a joke during mid-late game.

SH is a lot more balanced. It stays fairly difficult all the way through, especially after the first really tough boss at the Horror House.

And there's no Charon to bribe in SH. You die, that's it.

I'll elaborate a little, SMTIV has a tough beginning but it becomes a joke during mid-late game.

SH is a lot more balanced. It stays fairly difficult all the way through, especially after the first really tough boss at the Horror House.

And there's no Charon to bribe in SH. You die, that's it.

Maybe I just didn't get to the middle of SMTIV then, haha, that was hardcore up until I got...distracted by Ace Attorney/Pokemon/Tearaway.

That's awesome, though. Thanks for the info. :D

cj_iwakura

You'll probably like it even less. It's a shorter game, and the world map doesn't make your eyes bleed when you navigate it. That's about it for obvious advantages over SMTIV.

This game is 90% dungeon crawling and party management.

I think SH has a much better cast, for whatever that's worth, but core SMTs aren't often known for character development.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome, got my copy a day earlier than expected. Will probably play it next week once finals are done, but holy crap is the CD awesome. Even if the game isn't to my liking, that music was worth the price alone.

Top Bottom