• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Hojaho

For me, the Venom hotlap 2 is the hardest event in the game, simply due to the lack of visibility from not only the rain, but also the darkness, I wonder how many people have cheated by turning the brightness up on their display ;)

I felt it was way easier than the first one. But it's probably because I got better at the game in general.

danowat

Banned
I felt it was way easier than the first one. But it's probably because I got better at the game in general.

I know it's opinions and all.......

But how is it easier?!?!, not only is is dark, on a track with minimum lighting, it's pissing it down with rain!!!, I guess you just need to be very familiar with the track, but I fail to see how, in anyway, it's easier :D

But how is it easier?!?!, not only is is dark, on a track with minimum lighting, it's pissing it down with rain!!!, I guess you just need to be very familiar with the track, but I fail to see how, in anyway, it's easier :D

Logically the 2nd event is much harder but I think many of us have completed it quicker / found it easier purely down to 2 months more experience of the track and the car. I think I'd only been playing a week and a half or so before facing the first one and had no idea how quickly you could get around Tamil Nadu.

Drac

If there's anyone looking for a casual club, I create "Kuso Club" for trash driver like me x) I need to work on the emblem and paint job some more but it was 3am !

Finished the first big event, apart from some time trial I didn't have too much trouble getting all the stars. I still have some trouble with drifting but it's probably because I'm still using the low end cars (or I probably just suck). Loving it, I may buy the season pass once I finish the main campaign to get the other events :) Evolution deserves it.

CozMick

Banned
Lol nice height you got there, yours was better than mine.

http://youtu.be/Uf9emtuUEY4

God I hate the Kyle :-(

so-good.gif

Vaga

No wonder the Kyle gets no love even Evolution Studios hates it :( The track is featured only once in the whole damn tour and again only once in the DLCs released so far. But it'll always be my favourite, love those high speed bends and bumps that could send you flying.

No wonder the Kyle gets no love even Evolution Studios hates it :( The track is featured only once in the whole damn tour and again only once in the DLCs released so far. But it'll always be my favourite, love those high speed bends and bumps that could send you flying.

For me it's because there's only 3 or 4 braking points in the entire event, and some of those are more a case of scrubbing off a bit of speed. I think all the other P2P tracks have more than that, and most circuits have more per lap! As most of the track is flat out it really punishes you for the slightest drop in speed (as Vaga disappears off into the distance). I understand the love for it, it really gives you that 'oh shit' feeling when the car starts to get floaty at ridiculous speeds but I do find it a more frustrating experience as I have to restart after every cock up rather than just do another lap y'know :-(

Nyx

Definitely, The Kyle is my fav P2P track with Bandipur as my fav circuit, especially in heavy rain.

As I posted on the last page that makes it more difficult to drive but it doesn't make it more difficult to achieve. If the time is easy to beat, even if you're going off-road and making mistakes then it is easier compared to an event that doesn't let you make any mistakes and still beat the time.

Auctopus

It might be because I tackled the first Hot Lap when I was less experienced with the game but I found the Venom Hot Lap 2 easier because of the wet track, allowing me to slide the car around corners easier.

If there's anyone looking for a casual club, I create "Kuso Club" for trash driver like me x) I need to work on the emblem and paint job some more but it was 3am !

Finished the first big event, apart from some time trial I didn't have too much trouble getting all the stars. I still have some trouble with drifting but it's probably because I'm still using the low end cars (or I probably just suck). Loving it, I may buy the season pass once I finish the main campaign to get the other events :) Evolution deserves it.

I will send a request to join when I'm on next.

Heard this game compared to Project Gotham around these parts, I wouldn't disagree, but I'm finding it much easier early on than PG. Still, early days yet. I'm sure the later cars are much harder. So far really enjoying it though, came 1st in my first two races online!

viveks86

What in particular are you looking forward to in these three videos? Be as specific as you can.

I have no clue, to be honest. Just want to see how varied the tracks are.

They're showing replay mode right? Right? Please?

Sorry. Not yet :(

Heard this game compared to Project Gotham around these parts, I wouldn't disagree, but I'm finding it much easier early on than PG.

Keep playing ;)

God this game is so difficult :(

I still haven't gotten the 225 (?) stars from the original tour. Shit :mad:

Venom Hot Lap is absurd. I gave up after trying some 100 times. >_>

IKizzLE

Why is the enzo in the hyper car class?
660 hp, 3000 lbs, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.
No amount of good handling will save this car from being the worst in the hyper car class, worst than the ctr3, huayra and 599xx. Would've fit perfectly in the super with the rt12r, spano and evantra.

Skii

God this game is so difficult :(

I still haven't gotten the 225 (?) stars from the original tour. Shit :mad:

Venom Hot Lap is absurd. I gave up after trying some 100 times. >_>

Wow, 100 times?!

Get ahead of the ghost on the first two corners, then keep pace with it (doesn't matter if you go slightly behind but keep it less than one second in front) before overtaking it on the chicane at the end of the lap.

You save so much time if you cut the corners correctly (as mentioned by others) on the first two corners and chicane.

Why is the enzo in the hyper car class?
660 hp, 3000 lbs, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.
No amount of good handling will save this car from being the worst in the hyper car class, worst than the ctr3, huayra and 599xx. Would've fit perfectly in the super with the rt12r, spano and evantra.

Didn't realise it was that slow... Maybe Evo will boost its performance to keep it in-line with the rest of the class?

Wow, 100 times?!

Get ahead of the ghost on the first two corners, then keep pace with it (doesn't matter if you go slightly behind but keep it less than one second in front) before overtaking it on the chicane at the end of the lap.

You save so much time if you cut the corners correctly (as mentioned by others) on the first two corners and chicane.

This. I couldn't believe how much faster my lap was when I cut those corners. It only took me five or six tries to get the 1:16.

Vaga

Vagaaaaaaaa

You have some competition at last!

http://youtu.be/YPc9HItzxWQ

Props to him but I got back hehe.

This is what I love about these challenges, you think you set the best time then someone shaves 0.1s off that and then you improve that time by another 0.1s and so on. Also it reminds me of the first days I got the game and leaderboards & challenges weren't working so I got into the GAF challenge thread (I'll have to dig after it) where at one point after an hour of time trials I had set the same lap time as another guy participating, I mean the exacting fucking time down to the thousands of a second.

edit: found it! this is how we did it back in the day, oldschool style lol

Awesome. Also, do you use a wheel? Some of your turns and follow throughs (lol) are so smooth? I can't get the same consistency with my DS4.

Pad also but I use something that I like to call parkinson fine tune steering, I should film myself using the DS4 it's so funny. And then those hundreds of hours poured into this game start to payoff I think :)

This is what I love about these challenges, you think you set the best time then someone shaves 0.1s off that and then you improve that time by another 0.1s and so on.

Pad also but I use something that I like to call parkinson fine tune steering, I should film myself using the DS4 it's so funny. And then those hundreds of hours poured into this game start to payoff I think :)

It is amazing how you can find that little bit more time and improve your lap - I can tell the difference when I race online too as I'm so much faster on tracks that we've used for challenges.

parkinson fine tune steering? I'm intrigued! Think we're gonna need an explanation/ video bud!

xrnzaaas

It is amazing how you can find that little bit more time and improve your lap - I can tell the difference when I race online too as I'm so much faster on tracks that we've used for challenges.

parkinson fine tune steering? I'm intrigued! Think we're gonna need an explanation/ video bud!

Why wait, Youtube has an answer for everything :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEukgofjVoU

I gotta admit I'm intrigued about the tips for the Venom laps. I tried to do them without cutting corners. Gonna try them out on a less stressful day. ;)

danowat

Banned
I took the above comments about the Venom 2 hotlap as a challenge, I sat down and said to myself, I won't stop lapping until I beat it.

40mins later, and my eyeballs are on stalks, but I did it.

I'm sorry guys, but that is in no shape or form an 'easy' challenge!!!

Starting to get hang of things. Slowly progressing from an ooze stuck into the gas pedal into a monkey sitting in a car and doing random monkey things. I was actually leading one race online for a lap and a half untill some jerk totally rammed into me and we ended up battling for the last place for the remainder of the race.

How am I having so much fun? I did not know I liked racing games.

I took the above comments about the Venom 2 hotlap as a challenge, I sat down and said to myself, I won't stop lapping until I beat it.

Lol did we say easy?And I no I don't fancy doing it again thanks for the challenge, I think that's one I might just skip ;-) Well done though, so was it a relief or a glorious victory when you finally beat it?

Corner penalty at the end to rub that salt in.

Ha! Yeah I don't think it would have made much difference to my laptime seeing as I was on my roof sliding down the track...

bebop242

just saw their post on Facebook. 5 new Japan tracks coming out next week.

Caterham R500 Superlight in new expansion the week after.

Also mentioned improved AI.

here is their post:

Another one of the five new Japan tracks coming to DRIVECLUB for free next week is a new race circuit: Asagiri Highlands Racetrack.

Here's your first look at one of the three circuit layouts, which we're driving in the Caterham R500 Superlight in a duel against the newly improved AI.

This new car is included in the Apex Expansion Pack (part of the Season Pass) and will follow the week after on PlayStation Store.

I have to say, I love how they have been showing new cars/tracks and then releasing them only a week or two later.

Is there any word on replays or private lobbies? I assume those are next on the "features" list now that weather and photo mode are out.

Merun

It's easy when you look at this video of kie25 lol: http://youtu.be/xchhmOSJ42Y

As for me, I didn't need to brighten my screen an it took me 1h and half to get it done. A lot less than Venom Hot Lap 1.

here is their post:

Another one of the five new Japan tracks coming to DRIVECLUB for free next week is a new race circuit: Asagiri Highlands Racetrack.

Here's your first look at one of the three circuit layouts, which we're driving in the Caterham R500 Superlight in a duel against the newly improved AI.

This new car is included in the Apex Expansion Pack (part of the Season Pass) and will follow the week after on PlayStation Store.
A duel, ey.

Denur

Props to him but I got back hehe.

This is what I love about these challenges, you think you set the best time then someone shaves 0.1s off that and then you improve that time by another 0.1s and so on. Also it reminds me of the first days I got the game and leaderboards & challenges weren't working so I got into the GAF challenge thread (I'll have to dig after it) where at one point after an hour of time trials I had set the same lap time as another guy participating, I mean the exacting fucking time down to the thousands of a second.

edit: found it! this is how we did it back in the day, oldschool style lol

Good grief, I've spend so many hours on these challenges this evening and only managing to reach the top three. I'm not sure why I'm losing so much time: Is it because of not using the DS4, or not being familiar with the track, or a lack of skill or gotten too much acquainted with Duke Jan and monsieur Merlot? My guess is the latter two.

viveks86

here is their post:

The Caterham looks fun. Is this an old car?

I assume those are next on the "features" list now that weather and photo mode are out.

I assumed that too. But anytime I assume, I end up being wrong… ;)

Top Bottom