• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB The Drenched Forests of Canada

I love how the wetness looks with the tyre tracks/marks on this corner.

ftftln.gif

I'm glad they don't do the raindrops hitting the camera effect, that is so annoying.

Agreed. I fully expect them to hit the windshield, but when you're in an external camera view like these snippets, you shouldn't see that effect.

My mouf is waterin'

tskeeve

This looks so close to photorealism to me. My brain is actually tricked into thinking it's real for a few moments. Even better, the gameplay looks fun as hell. Dat sense of speed...

QaaQer

I
Its critical receptions and reviews would certainly be bolstered by the dynamic weather system... seems silly not to just hold off.

The great thing about this game is reviews and critics won't matter because they are giving a decent chunk of content away for free with ps+. It will find it's audience just like Dota2, LoL, etc. found their audience.

It is one of the more interesting releases for that reason. If more non-f2p games could unshackle themselves from the "games made only for the 20-40 year old white male reviewer because 90+ Metacritic=$$$" trap we have fallen into, we'd get better games. I still can't believe game companies hire working critics to guide development.

And I think the only way to achieve that is to let people play some for free, and I'm not talking about a demo. Rather, it needs to be enough content to get a person hooked and willing to pay for extra content, without that person ever having even looked at a review.

I'd prefer if they just released it when the weather system was fully in place then.

Its critical receptions and reviews would certainly be bolstered by the dynamic weather system... seems silly not to just hold off.

I'd prefer that too, in part for the bolded... But I guess the press would jump on this opportunity to get some easy revenue and write clickbaity "Driveclub delayed yet again! Evolution closure imminent!" articles that would give Sony some serious headaches.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wait...

So no rain at launch???? Or is the Weather system something different.

Time of Day changes will be on launch [setting up ammount of clouds, rendering of time [1x-60x], setting start time of the race [day-night]].

Rain and snow will be added later.

Looks unbelievable, but it's an absolute travesty that weather effects aren't launching with the game.

I wonder why it still needs more time after October... :/

impeccable polish it would seem, like everything else in this game. these guys are perfectionists.

Sean*O

They had better hold off launch until the weather system is complete and built in. First impressions would suffer, reviews would suffer, and the last thing I'd want to see (that would leave a shit taste in my mouth) would be them charging for the weather upgrade as DLC.

Better to just release an amazing game in one piece.

leadbelly

Banned
Looks unbelievable, but it's an absolute travesty that weather effects aren't launching with the game.

Because they have only recently started on the weather system. I guess they have spent most of that extra time getting everything else right first.

They had better hold off launch until the weather system is complete and built in. First impressions would suffer, reviews would suffer, and the last thing I'd want to see (that would leave a shit taste in my mouth) would be them charging for the weather upgrade as DLC.

And risk the backlash that comes with delaying the game again, while potentially losing sales?

PJV3

I've never seen a racing game that is this alive, I'm not sure if that's the right word to describe it.

scsa

Just if they gave this like 3 minutes on stage and cut short on the powers stuff at e3...

Looks absolutely brilliant.

Waiting for the latest build.

The only thing bothering me about this game is the really low car count.

I wish Evo would sneak into PD's office at night and steal all of their premium car assets.

Vire

Maybe they can at least get the rain done in time for launch and let the snow/blizzard/lightning slip past?

Wishful thinking I suppose.

Amir0x

Banned
Seriously jesus christ @ those visuals. Literally one of the most impressive looking console games of all time now.

Requiem

It must be incredibly satisfying for Evolution to see the progress this game has made

It's almost like....an evolution

Evolution, Sony Computer Entertainment,

Please stop with the nickel and diming. Give us a substantial teaser with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks,

Gaf

Bloodrage

Banned

No way they'll delay the game again, and if they're smart, they'll keep the weather exclusive to the full retail version.

MMaRsu

Banned

I agree that its prettt stupid indeed. Free patch right?

Top Bottom