• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB The Drenched Forests of Canada

OchreHand

Unbelievable, especially the comparison of the same track.

Please, oh please, let the next MotorStorm have a jet ski option. I want to jet ski on rocky waves under a thunderstorm. WaveStorm must happen!

Have a link to forza horizon 2. I don't remember it looking that much worse especially when the game is open world and this is not.

Here's gif comparison that shows what miles meant

Thanks for linking to the gifs. It's actually frustrating looking at those gifs and seeing te huge gulf between the two in how the raindrops respond to high speeds.

It's a small touch, but it's a vitally important one to sell a proper sense of speed when racing in the rain.

Miles you always spell lightning wrong.

I accidentally saved the wrong spelling on my phone once and I can't figure out how to get rid of it from the stored dictionary. It's annoying...

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
A friend of mine refuses to believe the end game is going to look anywhere near as good as the clips and is positive it's CGI. He owes me money from a previous bet and rolled that into a bet on whether or not the final game will look like the clips in this thread. I'll be 200 dollars richer when this game releases, but I'll feel bad taking his money. :/

A friend of mine refuses to believe the end game is going to look anywhere near as good as the clips and is positive it's CGI. He owes me money from a previous bet and rolled that into a bet on whether or not the final game will look like the clips in this thread. I'll be 200 dollars richer when this game releases, but I'll feel bad taking his money. :/

A fool is easily parted from his money.

Evolution, Sony Computer Entertainment,

Please stop with the nickel and diming. Give us a substantial teaser with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks,

Gaf

It's pretty ridiculous that this is not even on PlayStation's official Youtube channel yet.

Is there a miscommunication or something?

Make it 150. You'll still gain but you won't feel *quite* as bad, ha.

From what I've seen they've been pretty bad all-round in terms of releasing footage either at all or on time.

RytGear

This may have been posted already, but here's a comparison of the same part of the track in ideal sunny conditions, compared to the new wet and rainy footage. Insanely good implementation of weather here. Absolutely changes the entire dynamic and atmosphere of the track.

2534085-4811722413-ilX7I.gif

qmzfuo.gif

Wow, this may just be my eyes deceiving me but if has the stream/river filled up in the rain? If so that is holy shit levels of detail there. Its amazing to see what a difference the weather makes, I have watched that sunny video countless times and I didn't actually recognise it in the rainy one. Nice to see Evo sticking to their decisions and it clearly is paying off!

orochi91

It's pretty ridiculous that this is not even on PlayStation's official Youtube channel yet.

Someone mentioned earlier how these clips are posted through social media sites
like Facebook and Instagram in order to put emphasis on the social aspect of
Drive Club. Judging by the comment and shares on those sites, it seems to be
working lol

The HD footage will likely come from Gamescom.

Graphics look much better than what they have shown previously. Would love to see from cockpit view.
Still, I wish that they would go ahead and show off their "dynamic" social features that they claimed caused the year delay for the game.

nib95

Banned
Wow, this may just be my eyes deceiving me but if has the stream/river filled up in the rain? If so that is holy shit levels of detail there. Its amazing to see what a difference the weather makes, I have watched that sunny video countless times and I didn't actually recognise it in the rainy one. Nice to see Evo sticking to their decisions and it clearly is paying off!

Damn, just watched them slowed down, I think you're right! River looks somewhat flooded out in the rain version. Tonnes of amazing details and touches. The roads wet streaks, the way the cars react to and affect the surfaces, the snow tipped trees, the way the rain droplets billow and flail in the wind, the car and light reflections in the wet puddles, the misty fog around the track, the water ripples and droplets streaming up the bonnet etc etc.

Good catch! I think you're right.

and thus my jaw drops again....

RedAssedApe

Banned
really need to post these somewhere else other than yt, fb, instatagram, and twitter. even though the game looks great...its an injustice!

I'm becoming conflicted over this game now. At first it didn't interest me but after seeing the lower end cars and weather effects, I'm kind of wanting to play it. The trouble is I don't own a PS4 and don't want to consider buying one just for one game.

DieH@rd

Banned

Same position on track [trees and light poles one left] but little different camera angle:

dc229usbn.gif

dc11jcsyi.gif

orochi91

Great catch. Wonderful attention to detail by Evo.

I look forward to the 7.5/10 Ryan McCaffrey will give it for not being Forza :'D

This may have been posted already, but here's a comparison of the same part of the track in ideal sunny conditions, compared to the new wet and rainy footage. Insanely good implementation of weather here. Absolutely changes the entire dynamic and atmosphere of the track.

2534085-4811722413-ilX7I.gif

qmzfuo.gif

this is by far the best looking racer now, especially since evo has fixed the jaggies on the powerline :D

I think you all are right... that river does indeed look to be higher! Even if it's not... simply beautiful stuff. I cannot wait! Any good ( and sub $150) wheels/peddle sets for the PS4 yet?

Y'know, I'd really like to play a game called 'The Drenched Forests of Canada', especially if it was an arty game made by the likes of thatgamecompany or SCEJ or something like that.

HooYaH

Unbelievable, especially the comparison of the same track.

Please, oh please, let the next MotorStorm have a jet ski option. I want to jet ski on rocky waves under a thunderstorm. WaveStorm must happen!

Sony made that game ages ago.

It was sponsored by Mountain Dew and Doritos.

viveks86

Nice catch. It even looks choppy from the rough weather O_O

Shin-Ra

I'm looking at the clip over and over and i have to say the art direction in this game is probably something that will stay for long.

i'd say the kind of details 'the rainy/foggy atmosphere, the little sunlight that touches the surface of the wet road.. it all works as proust madeleine for me, actually bringing physical memory.

It's the kind of Miyazaki/Tarkovsky feel i've not been used to see in a videogame. This is beyond a technical effort there.
It has a very realistic look to it. Horizon seems to be going for a more colorful surreal look. I don't have the time to balance 2 racing games the holiday so I have to choose 1 to buy new. Dammit this is too difficult! They are so beautiful.
Yup, PGR4 had streaking.
This thread's amazing.

DevilFox

It looks better and better everytime they show it.
So bad the footage is also shorter and shorter lol. Can't wait for a direct feed.

drotahorror

Can't wait to play this at 60x day/night cycle with rain changing over to sleet and snow as I climb a mountain in Norway.

That just sounds bonkers.

viveks86

Can't wait to play this at 60x day/night cycle with rain changing over to sleet and snow as I climb a mountain in Norway.

That just sounds bonkers.

Yeah 24x day/night cycle with 24 laps and changing weather would be awesome. Probably the only endurance race that can't get boring if you suffer from gaming ADD like I do.

Portugeezer

Maybe they edited the track? We don't know if the newer version has a higher stream.

Jomjom

Banned
I dunno maybe my eyes are old but the images off FH2 and this new DC footage doesn't look that different to me. DC is better but not miles better looking.

I dunno maybe my eyes are old but the images off FH2 and this new DC footage doesn't look that different to me. DC is better but not miles better looking.

It's your eyes. FH2 looks very flat and plain in comparison. Especially the lighting, it's worlds apart. The cars looks like shiny plastic.

Top Bottom