• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro II Gameplay Debut Trailer

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Staunchly opposed to Child's Play or EFF. Both do great work, but gamers are too quick to leap to something that aligns with a gamer-focused worldview.

That could be a boon. If they're aiming for Steam Greenlight they might get more sales by advertising that the proceeds go to Child's Play over some other charity.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Actually really like this idea. (Staunchly opposed to Child's Play or EFF. Both do great work, but gamers are too quick to leap to something that aligns with a gamer-focused worldview.)

I agree. I have a couple charities that I contribute to in general that I would love to give to with the game proceeds.

Love how the girl gets fat after eating the cheeseburger
KuGsj.gif

Daigoro

trailer looks great!

but this:

• The game parodies the industry’s focus on testosterone-filled AAA action titles.

this needs to be butched up a bit. sounds kinda weak. not bro enough bro.

also, i BETTER be able to play this with my xbox 360 controller. otherwise... no go bro.

I feel so incredibly proud to have played a small part in its early stages. I can't stop smiling. This is the only video game trailer I've seen all year that has made me genuinely happy :D

GAME OF THE ∞

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
do i get any bonuuses if i preorder this game from gamestopppp?

Go ahead and ask your local GameStop if you can preorder Dudebro II™. It can be like the new Battletoads. =P

I need to know who did the theme song/vocals.

I think Whitehawk did the guitars. I forget which GAFfer did the vocals. I'm at work, so I can't check the contributor list.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Go ahead and ask your local GameStop if you can preorder Dudebro II™. It can be like the new Battletoads. =P

Oh god, I hated getting those phone calls when I worked there.

I'm sorry guys, but that trailer depressed the hell out of me. All the manhours that went into this could have been spent helping the homeless or youth literacy programs or teaching kids how to code or something.

I really am regretting that post about now.

lol

Codeblue

I'm sorry guys, but that trailer depressed the hell out of me. All the manhours that went into this could have been spent helping the homeless or youth literacy programs or teaching kids how to code or something.

Don't think of it like that. If Jocchan didn't have something to distract himself with, he'd probably still be out there throwing sharp rocks at homeless people.

Jintor

Why do anything ever that doesn't directly benefit the human race

What a waste

Wow, I'm impressed. I thought this idea had faltered and fallen through a long time ago.

Kudos to the gaffers involved, I am always impressed with what this community can do.

This has been going on for three years? Mah gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd.

I feel old ;__;

Good stuff though, GAF made games are best games and that trailer got me hype as fuuuuuck.

lordy88

Oh. Sorry for accidentally giving you credit. =P Thanks for setting the record straight.

Well, to be fair, that's me playing guitar in the trailer song. It's one of the riffs I put in the thread when everyone was brainstorming at the beginning, then Mastgrr sampled it for the track.

thetrin

This has been going on for three years? Mah gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd.

I feel old ;__;

Good stuff though, GAF made games are best games and that trailer got me hype as fuuuuuck.
It has existed longer than my niece that just turned 1 year old this past week. While numerically it makes sense, spending time with her makes it so crazy.

3 years seems like a fleeting moment to me in comparison.

It has existed longer than my niece that just turned 1 year old this past week. While numerically it makes sense, spending time with her makes it so crazy.

3 years seems like a fleeting moment to me in comparison.

Not only that, but the song used in the trailer talks about Bin Laden. Think about that.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Wow! This looks incredible!
Kudos to all involved.
Dat theme is now my mobile phone ringtone :D

d0c_zaius

The Dudebro thread almost made me cry from laughing but the game actually lives up to it well.

The music was solid too. Great job!

Top Bottom