• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro II Gameplay Debut Trailer

tbdudebroikjdb.png

TB has ~800K subs, we gone mainstream!

Oh shit!

I think it's safe to say this went better than expected. It's like when it first got "announced" all over again.

Ran rp

Damn this looks awesome! I love the direction you guys went with the 2D sidescroller style. To be honest I wasn't a huge fan of the old style. Much more consistent now.

God dammit Google Chrome...

5nXsj.png

This one happened to me. We should have a Chrome GIF thread. /off topic

Can't wait to play it. Wish I could have been a part of this.

feel

Great to finally see something, but this looks like it plays at a snails pace instead of a dudebro's pace.

You think dudebro has time to go slow?

Fuck no.
He doesn't need to go fast like some dumb anime character, whatever shit is about to get shot/sliced can wait.

How come no one told me you moved away from Unity and 3D! I would contribute programming skills to this! I know I've said negative stuff in the past, but if you want another programmer I can help!

Could still be Unity. (edit: I noticed someone said it was XNA, nevermind.)

Still, what he said. I have more time now, if you guys need programmers, let me know. Or point me to where I should appropriately offer myself.

bluemax

Banned
Could still be Unity.

Still, what he said. I have more time now, if you guys need programmers, let me know. Or point me to where I should appropriately offer myself.

I thought I read XNA somewhere. But yeah, I'm unemployed as shit right now so I could probably crank out some code.

Haunted

So we are hyping this because it's a Neogaf production right...?
The pixel art looks good, the humour seems to be there, it seems like a pretty nice 2D shooter inspired by Contra and Metal Slug, gameplay-wise.

What's not to like?

Loona

Wait I just saw it... did one of Dudebro's ladies walk over a cheesburger and get fat?
lol

Happens in Metal Slug, I'm taking that as a homage.

Speaking of homages, is it me or one of the stacked crates looked like one of Solid Snake's cardboard boxes?

I'm glad you guys took the chance on changing the project to something more manageable, looks fun, even if the character and his missile seem to move kinda slow - hopefully there'll be a way to tweak that later on?

Now I'm just wondering if the "skip shitty mini-game" button is going to be the paid DLC...

awesome awesome awesome. I loved the joke when i read that thread years ago and I love what you've done to make that joke into a reality. And not only as a joke game but a fun looking one as well!

I was wondering if this game happened to stall out. I'm glad to see its still alive!!

Look forward to playing it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Free!? How did you guys pay Mr John!?

He did it for free if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if we're still using the same recordings that we got from him ages ago, but those were sent over email as a favor. Dude is mad cool about this kind of thing.

jett

D-Member
He did it for free if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if we're still using the same recordings that we got from him ages ago, but those were sent over email as a favor. Dude is mad cool about this kind of thing.

Wow what a cool dude.

Drencrom

iYNhIimgu44PK.png

He's the bro GAF deserves.

I'm torn now. I've watched this trailer five times, and while the gameplay flat out seems too slow to be married to the theme song, the possibility of this being Super C meets Rescue Rangers is getting the better of me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
When this is finished will you go straight to making dudebro I?

I want to work on a script for a Dudebro game set at the edge of time next, but that's up to how we end up writing the ending. Jocchan and I way back had one idea in mind that I really like, but it can be handled in a couple different ways.

Considering how insane the last level of the game is, we could go anywhere with it.

(this is all assuming Cosmic didn't take my script in a totally different direction after I left, which I would be fine with as well)

Anustart

Game looks amazing! I'll go against the grain and say I don't think it looks like it runs too slow. The pace seems about on par for other games of the same ilk. Theme song was fantastic, graphics are great, and the gameplay looks just like my style. Anxiously awaiting this title!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So glad its not top-down anymore. This is the game it was always destined to be. Looks awesome.

I want to work on a script for a Dudebro game set at the edge of time next, but that's up to how we end up writing the ending. Jocchan and I way back had one idea in mind that I really like, but it can be handled in a couple different ways.

Considering how insane the last level of the game is, we could go anywhere with it.

(this is all assuming Cosmic didn't take my script in a totally different direction after I left, which I would be fine with as well)

Nothing has really changed at a base level. Plot will most likely play out in the same way even if the dialogue has been tweaked.

Zoibie

I was just wondering what had happened to this the other day. I figured the people making it had got bored or it wasn't going very well. Boy was I wrong! That theme is godly and snagging Jon St John is just perfect.

thetrin

Nothing has really changed at a base level. Plot will most likely play out in the same way even if the dialogue has been tweaked.

Fine by me. I was always wary of using my initial script as a final draft.

Top Bottom