• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Unreal

I've recorded a short video at 4K :

I can't take hudless screenshots above 4K and it gives me the FAILED message...

Eyothrie

Looks to be under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(user ID)\292120\remote

Awesome. Thanks. I suppose this is sort of on topic afterall...I want to start over with today's GeDoSaTo update in place with all the pretties. I wanted to back up my current progress in case I want to go back to it. Thanks again!

Xyber

how's the progress(if any) to fix the resolutions of the menus and possibly replace the pre rendered movies with ones that aren't low res?

There was one guy who replaced the first video with a re-encoded bink video at a much better bitrate and it almost looks as good as the PS3 version.

But he didn't know if it would work with all of them.

Mkilbride

Banned
Damn.

The game finally looks great, and my FPS is mostly 60FPS.

However, the stutter is making it impossible to enjoy it.

It's like...it's super silky smooth. I wish I could record video of it, but my system is to weak to do that + game.

Hmm, maybe the better term would be micro-pausing? If people understand that better. I've tried the start game, esc, plug controller in, start game agian ,but it didn't fly for me.

Maybe I'll record the video on my camera and upload it so people can know exactly what I'm talking about. I am god awful at explaining things...though the video will look like crap, it's the easiest way to understand.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn.

The game finally looks great, and my FPS is mostly 60FPS.

However, the stutter is making it impossible to enjoy it.

It's like...it's super silky smooth. I wish I could record video of it, but my system is to weak to do that + game.

Hmm, maybe the better term would be micro-pausing? If people understand that better. I've tried the start game, esc, plug controller in, start game agian ,but it didn't fly for me.

Maybe I'll record the video on my camera and upload it so people can know exactly what I'm talking about. I am god awful at explaining things...though the video will look like crap, it's the easiest way to understand.

the pausing you are experiencing is most likely the video card swapping out the system ram or whetever to keep running. When i cranked things up i got a lot of pauses while playing.

Mkilbride

Banned
the pausing you are experiencing is most likely the video card swapping out the system ram or whetever to keep running. When i cranked things up i got a lot of pauses while playing.

Ehh, my stuff isn't all that cranked up. I've a video uploading now, in poor quality, but it DOES show what I am experiencing. I kept the camera as still as possible, as close as possible without making everything a blurry mess. I hope people understand what I am showcasing by this.

It's pretty unplayable.(to me), I can't enjoy this kind of thing. I can't remember the last time I saw a game with this issue.

Keep in mind, the counter to the side says 58-60FPS at all times...sorry I couldn't capture that in detail. Also, the video itself is only captured in 30FPS....so that hurts it somewhat. But I believe even with this, you can notice the problem.

http://youtu.be/QDBUNQwRi-M

Make sure to hit the 720p in quality settings, or else it's even more of a mess. Maybe I will try messing with Shadowplay...I think it records in full quality, even if you do not.

GTX670 2GB (344.11)
2500K @ 4.5GHZ
128GB SSD(This is however on a 750GB Samsung HDD from 2009 or so, a Spinpoint F3, by all accounts still fast.)
W7 64-bit
8GB 1866MHZ RAM

Bittercup

how's the progress(if any) to fix the resolutions of the menus and possibly replace the pre rendered movies with ones that aren't low res?
Replacing pre-rendered movies is a bit more complicated. I did it for the intro cinematic.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=133869062#post133869062
but most of the wmp files contain several videos put together. Extracting the individual files is not a problem but I haven't figured out how to re-create those files so that the game recognises the videos after the first one in it and I'm not sure I can do this.

Yeah, that's why i decided to just rock with 4K with MSAA 4 and Shadow on 8 to keep it lock at 30. No dips at all and the image is soooooooo crisp. Regardless what setting I have it on for that 60, when it hits battle or loads, the frame dips. I said fuck it, I'm rocking with 30. Can't have the frame rate all over the place, is too much of a tease.

Mkilbride

Banned
I'm rocking 2560 x 1440, 2x Shadow, and default AA. I can maintain mostly 60FPS.

Trying to limit the game to 30FPS via NVIDIA inspector, but it's a no go. Got the .exe added from the program folder.

I've a 120hz screen, so I put 1/4th, but it's not working, no matter if I use NVCP or NVIDIA inspector...and I've placedit on ffxiiimg.exe

Bout ready to check out if D3DOverrider does anything for this game.

Gbraga

Yeah, that's why i decided to just rock with 4K with MSAA 4 and Shadow on 8 to keep it lock at 30. No dips at all and the image is soooooooo crisp. Regardless what setting I have it on for that 60, when it hits battle or loads, the frame dips. I said fuck it, I'm rocking with 30. Can't have the frame rate all over the place, is too much of a tease.

How is the frame pacing at 30?

Latest batch of screens are up.
15488360406_d260802083_o.png
[/url]292120_2014-10-12_00013 by pepsimanvsjoe, on Flickr

Really liking this latest update. Also the frame-rate has normalized a bit. It's closer to locked 30 fps instead of 15-20.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Honestly i would say set the shadows to 4 and try unlocking the fps to allow 60 again. I found going that route to b better than the shadow 8. Barely a noticeable difference between 4 and 8 yet the performance takes a big hit.

Mkilbride

Banned
Can anyone help me? Why won't NVIDIA Inspector force 30FPS?

Frame Rate Limit set to 30.
Adaptive V-Sync thing set to 1/4th, tried 1/2 as well.

Still 60 in-game.

ffxiiimg.exe added to a profile. Seemingly should work.

Honestly i would say set the shadows to 4 and try unlocking the fps to allow 60 again. I found going that route to b better than the shadow 8. Barely a noticeable difference between 4 and 8 yet the performance takes a big hit.

Yeah seconding this. Turning shadows down to 4 boosted my performance from sub-30 to near 60 on my gtx 770.

How is the frame pacing at 30?
Solid, no stutter or dips.

That was a mistake on my part. I actually have it set to 4, same with MSAA. It stays constant at 30. No dips at all. When I do 1800p I get 60..But a rare dips during battles. But than after 15 mins or so, it drops down HARD to 30 locked during battles. And if an area has lights, it get small dips here and there at 55 to 50 at times. But when I quit the game, its fine. I just went with 4K and it stays lock at 30.

well i'm happy to report everythign is as smooth as butter so far.
i5 2500K @4.4Ghz
GTX 680 SLI
3840x2160 res(I have 4K TV as my main monitor)
is SLI even supported?

Mkilbride

Banned
well i'm happy to report everythign is as smooth as butter so far.
i5 2500K @4.4Ghz
GTX 680 SLI
3840x2160 res(I have 4K TV as my main monitor)
is SLI even supported?

It is not. Would need a profile. You can force it I've heard though, like other games. Might just get me to see if I can plug my other 670 in, though last I used it, was busted.

Anteater

Reached Lake Bresha, outside world looks good but heavy drops during battles, not sure why.

Running a 780 here

it seems to be either the graphic effects or the UI elements that are causing the drop I think, I took a video of the changes in framerate when I have the UI enabled/disabled:

http://a.pomf.se/nxghhs.webm

It's kind of silly, it like SE never actually tested the game at 60fps >_>

UnrealEck

^ They must have given up or just didn't even bother fixing the UI framerate issue. This is the last game I preorder from a Japanese developer. They're simply too incompetent and ignorant of PC. It boggles the mind to think of why a business can't do some simple market research or that they haven't even experienced playing on the platform enough.

I don't know how people can call 30 FPS 'silky smooth'.

Kemal86

So I know downsampling for 16:10 resolutions isn't supported right now.

Is there a way to use GeDeSato just for the shadow scaling / AA features? The game crashes instantly when I try to use GeDeSaTo, the log files are basically blank. I tried setting the render resolution to my monitor's native res, and also tried just commenting out the resolution lines in the config...just get an instant crash.

Xyber

^ They must have given up or just didn't even bother fixing the UI framerate issue. This is the last game I preorder from a Japanese developer. They're simply too incompetent and ignorant of PC. It boggles the mind to think of why a business can't do some simple market research or that they haven't even experienced playing on the platform enough.

I don't know how people can call 30 FPS 'silky smooth'.

Hah, yeah. 120 fps, now that is silky smooth. I hate 30 fps with a passion and would never play a game at that fps if I didn't have to.

Mkilbride

Banned
Yeah, I just hate the judder / microstutter / whatever is going on with 60FPS. It looks so GOD damned amazing when it works though.

I am getting a new GPU in a month or two, but it's frustrating. I can't find a way to force 30FPS either.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just updated and FMVs are playing smoothly now!

After a while the hair was breaking for no reason and I had to restart the game to fix it. I'll see if this update fixed the issue.

Also the borderless windowed fullscreen thing allows me to use blur reduction strobing at 120hz so the 30fps is a lot less headache-inducing.

Mkilbride

Banned
I've recorded a small, 1 minute video with shadowplay. It is supposed to record at my current resolution, yet oddly it recorded @ 1080p.

Still, maybe better than the camera video, this shows it, though my FPS took a 2-3FPS hit with this on....so it's even worse than usual.

But you can see how it looks at a simple 56/57FPS.

http://youtu.be/QpuobgZcbMs

720p is up, 1080p still coming.

If you use the new HTML5 mode of YouTube, it does 60FPS vidoes.

BONKERS

It is not. Would need a profile. You can force it I've heard though, like other games. Might just get me to see if I can plug my other 670 in, though last I used it, was busted.

Yes, you CAN indeed force SLI using custom flags.

It's just a matter of someone testing and finding one.
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=509912

Any idea on why it won't lock to 30fps? I've also made an Inspector profile, but no dice.

Use MSI Afterburner/RTSS to lock the framerate. Should help out

Mkilbride

Banned
Yeap.

I just tried MSI Afterburner again.

I noticed something quite odd.

MSI Afterburner shows 30FPS up top.

The in-game status FPS counter shows 200-300 in menus, i.e, V-Sync is G O N E. In-game, it my FPS is now 40-45 instead of 58-60. MSI shows 30, but Gestado shows 40-45 and it's still jittering.

J7MB0

Neo Member
On the bottom-left of that window, you'll see a dropdown menu. Click it and scroll until you see config\ffxiiiimg\GeDoSaTo.ini and select it.

Then, click the "U" button directly next to the dropdown menu and click "ok" at the confirmation.

Then, in the textbox that appears, copy and paste this code:

Code:
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a user config file override for config\ffxiiiimg\GeDoSaTo.ini
# Look in that file for possible settings and their documentation
# Add your custom settings below

renderResolution 1920x1080@60

Change the value to 1920x1080@30 to lock to 30fps if you want. Done!

Thank you sooo much man, that's precisely the info I needed to lock it to 30, kudos

BONKERS

Yeap.

I just tried MSI Afterburner again.

I noticed something quite odd.

MSI Afterburner shows 30FPS up top.

The in-game status FPS counter shows 200-300 in menus, i.e, V-Sync is G O N E. In-game, it my FPS is now 40-45 instead of 58-60. MSI shows 30, but Gestado shows 40-45 and it's still jittering.

Weird. Locking the game to 1/2 Refresh works perfectly on my end. Vsync is engaged, it locks to 30FPS.

But it still has a ton of microstuttering, frame drops and frame variance. My OSD Confirms as much as well. (Which also shows the proper framerate lock)

At this point. It's the game.

Mkilbride

Banned
You know what would be amazing.

Monday comes.

SE releases an announcement. "Ops guys, we shipped the wrong version"

New version comes out with resolution support, graphical options, English / Japanese audio download a choice, and the PS3 1080p videos for whichever you download. Also, not shitty frame issues. Game size is cut down to a more managable 30-35. Cuz', somehow the PS3 version is 39GB /w 1080p videos. Yet the PC version is 58GB /w720p videos. (Yes, I know, dual audio, but still, are you saying an extra 18-19GB is not enough space for 1080p videos?)

I've never played another game that when it dipped FPS it had crap like this, except when playing emulated games.

All a dream, won't happen though.

ss_lemonade

Replacing pre-rendered movies is a bit more complicated. I did it for the intro cinematic.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=133869062#post133869062
but most of the wmp files contain several videos put together. Extracting the individual files is not a problem but I haven't figured out how to re-create those files so that the game recognises the videos after the first one in it and I'm not sure I can do this.
That opening video is inside the 1st wmp file right, the 200+ mb one? How much larger did your re encoded video file become? I was looking at my ps3 copy's video files the other day and its pretty amazing how much larger they are compared to what we got with the pc port. I think the ps3 intro vid was close to 800mb if I remember right

Bittercup

That opening video is inside the 1st wmp file right, the 200+ mb one? How much larger did your re encoded video file become? I was looking at my ps3 copy's video files the other day and its pretty amazing how much larger they are compared to what we got with the pc port. I think the ps3 intro vid was close to 800mb if I remember right
Yes that's the first wmp. The re-compressed one ended up with 890mb. But that was just a ~quick test if it works. I haven't tested if a lower bitrate would still be fine. The PS3 file is 650MB

The biggest problem right now is that I can't rebuild the wmp files or to be precise, if I insert a modified video file the game expects it to start at the same address in the wmp limiting the file size to the original one. That's why the first one worked but not the rest or if I keep the first one the next one works but if it's too big the third won't work.
I like tinkering with files and modding but unfortunately this is a bit above my expertise.
Maybe if someone has an idea or can help :/

BONKERS

You know what would be amazing.

Monday comes.

SE releases an announcement. "Ops guys, we shipped the wrong version"

New version comes out with resolution support, graphical options, English / Japanese audio download a choice, and the PS3 1080p videos for whichever you download. Also, not shitty frame issues. Game size is cut down to a more managable 30-35. Cuz', somehow the PS3 version is 39GB /w 1080p videos. Yet the PC version is 58GB /w720p videos. (Yes, I know, dual audio, but still, are you saying an extra 18-19GB is not enough space for 1080p videos?)

I've never played another game that when it dipped FPS it had crap like this, except when playing emulated games.

All a dream, won't happen though.

Oh man, I feel you. I wish this would happen too. SO HARD. So..hard.

But also: Apparently the PS3 videos were all 720p except the intro.

Either way, i'm sure if they REALLY wanted to. They could figure out how to just re-render them all in 1080p H264 at the very least and get rid of that BINK shit.

Top Bottom