• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
giphy.gif

fmj6eOz.gif

Now that we've all placed cards on the table, let's take a look at the role picture.

ELECTION 2016 (16 Candidates)

1st Round.
  • kingkitty Day 1 Lynch RIP
    GOP Mike Huckabee, Conduit to God/Town Random (50% chance of success) Faction Investigator & Messenger
  • Sorian Night 1 RIP
    GOP Ben Carson, Neuromancer/Town Doctor
  • Burbeting Night 1 RIP
    GOP Bobby Jindal, Loser/Town Citizen

2nd Round.
  • Hyperactivity Day 2 Lynch RIP
    Electorate Atheist/Mafia Messenger
  • LaunchpadMcQ/Lone_Prodigy Night 2 RIP
    GOP Donald Trump, The Trump/Town Hybrid Doctoroleblocker (ability simultaneously protects AND roleblocks the chosen target)

3rd Round.
  • Palmer_v1 Day 3 Lynch RIP
    GOP Rick Santorum, Loser/Town Citizen
  • bananaspaceprincess Night 3 RIP
    'No one' Undocumented Immigrant/Neutral Mafia-win-aligned Voteless Godfather (displays Town affiliation upon investigation)
  • nin1000 Night 3 RIP
    GOP Lindsey Graham, Loser/Town Citizen

4th Round.
  • El Topo Day 4 Lynch RIP
    GOP Chris Christie, Loser/Town Citizen
  • cabot Night 4 RIP
    GOP Mr. Ted Cruz, Climate Change Denier/Town 1-shot Day-extending Daytime Faction Investigator
  • Kalor Night 4 RIP
    GOP Rick Perry, Smart Guy/Town 2-shot Doublevoter (POWER USED, CONFIRMED; 1 more use remaining)

5th Round. (ON AIR)
  1. SalvaPot
    GOP-aligned Ron Paul, Libertarian/alleged Town-aligned Priest (can't hammer the vote, CONFIRMED) & Random (50% chance of success) 3-shot Passive (no control over power) Veteran (kills whoever visits him at Night)
    Day 4 Read: 50/50 GOPlectorate
  2. CzarTim/Cornburrito
    GOP-aligned Roger Ailes, President of FOX News/alleged Town-aligned 1-shot Vigilante (POWER UNCONFIRMED, BUT CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR BSP'S DEATH; allegedly 0 uses remaining?)
    Day 4 Read: 5% Electorate
  3. Never Forever/Blargonaut
    GOP Jeb Bush, Loser/Town Citizen
    100% GOP​
  4. *Splinter
    GOP Scott Walker, Blowhard/alleged 2-shot Bulletproof (POWER UNCONFIRMED, CLAIMS TO HAVE USED IT LAST NIGHT; allegedly 1 use remaining?)
    Day 4 Read: 41% Electorate
  5. Fireblend
    GOP-aligned Carly Fiorina, Ex-CEO/alleged Town-aligned 3-shot Silencer (POWER CONFIRMED TO EXIST; allegedly 2 more uses remaining?)
    Day 4 Read: 50/50 GOPlectorate

☆☆☆☆☆

16 players total.
5 remain.

If we assume that everyone left is telling the truth about their roles, that makes:

Town
5 Ordinary Villagers (Burbeting, Palmer_v1, nin1000, El Topo, Blargonaut)
1 Doctor (Sorian)
1 Hybrid Doctor/Roleblocker (Lone_Prodigy)
1 RNG Faction Investigator & Messenger (kingkitty)
1 1-shot Day-extending Daytime Faction Investigator (cabot)
1 2-shot Doublevoter (Kalor)
1 Priest & passive RNG 3-shot Veteran (SalvaPot)
1 1-shot Vigilante (CornBurrito)
1 2-shot Bulletproof (*Splinter)
1 3-shot Silencer (Fireblend)

Mafia
1 Messenger (Hyperactivity)

Neutral
1 Mafia-win-aligned Voteless Godfather (bananaspaceprincess)

Hence, NOT including us 5, the postmortem-ly confirmed roles are:

11/16

4 Ordinary Townsfolk.
5 Town power roles.
1 Mafia power role.
1 Mafia-aligned Neutral.​

But then, including us:

16/16

5 Ordinary Townsfolk.
9 Town power roles.
1 Mafia power role.
1 Mafia-aligned Neutral.​

¬_¬

pls Ourob

pls

☆☆☆☆☆

Let's look at this objectively.

If my claim of being Jeb Bush, Loser/Ordinary Villager is true, that tops off the amount of Losers/Ordinary Villagers in-game to 5, out of 16 players. Objectively, 5 out of 16 looks like a reasonable and plausible amount of Ordinary Villagers; roughly a 1/3rd of the total amount of players.

Between the five us still left, no one else has claimed to be an Ordinary Villager except me. The four of you have all claimed to be power roles, and none of you have backed down from your respective claims.

One or two of you four MUST be lying, must be scum; frankly, I find it impossible that Town has NINE power roles in this game of SIXTEEN. 5 Ordinary Villagers, a third of the amount of players? Yeah, that seems way more likely, from a purely objective standpoint; and, there's only 5 Ordinary Villagers if MY claim is true.

Objectively, I'm confirmed Town by virtue of game balance standards.

Hence, the scum must be between you four.

SalvaPot (one of the 2 openly-admitted killers, claims passive ability)
If Salva's telling the truth about his role, then he couldn't have possibly killed cabot and Kalor last Night, because neither cabot nor Kalor had a power that allowed them to Night-visit and possibly fall prey to Salva's janky Veteran shots.

However, Salva has claimed to be a kill-capable role, so this claim of his murderous yet random tendency being entirely passive could just be a cover-up for him actually being a standard NKiller.

CornBurrito (one of the 2 openly-admitted killers, claims active ability)
If CornBurrito's telling the truth about his role, then he couldn't have killed cabot and Kalor last Night; because, according to him, he's only a 1-shot Vigilante and he claims to have used it to kill BSP.

However, Corn has claimed to be a kill-capable role, so this claim of his kill ability being 1-shot could just be a cover-up for him actually being a standard NKiller.

—but wait, before I get on to *Splinter and Fireblend; note that cabot and Kalor, who, on my unfinished reads list, I labeled both as Town as fuck, were both systematically assassinated in the same Night in another double kill sitch that I did not expect.

Yesterday, I had asked Fireblend to silence me last Night to prove he still had the ability, but after Ourob officially clarified the Mafia's simultaneous factional kill/power use capability, I retracted my redundant request. I had also said that *Splinter would be my main suspect today, based off of his role claim and the flippant means by which he has delivered and backed it.

NEXT CHAPTER: Fireblend and *Splinter

*Splinter

flippant

[flip-uh nt]

adjective

1. frivolously disrespectful, shallow, or lacking in seriousness; characterized by levity:
The audience was shocked by his flippant remarks about patriotism.

2. Chiefly Dialect. nimble, limber, or pliant.

Dear Leader Ourub, could Lone_Prodigy the Trump use his WALL power on himself?

I know it's kind of a dumb question considering that he'd be roleblocking himself if he did it, but could he?

*Splinter

Day 1: We spend most of the day discussing Cabot/nin. Kingkitty is lynched.

Day 2: We spend most of the day discussing Lone_Prodigy/BSP. Hyperactivity is lynched.

Day 3: We spend most of the day discussing CornBurrito. Palmer is lynched.

Day 4: We spend most of the day unanimously agreed that Topo is 100% scum. He is lynched, but it became a lot less clear in the final hours.

Day 5: We spend most of the day discussing Blargonaut. ??? is lynched.

I noticed this effect during Danganronpa. It's the only reason I didn't completely shit the bed when Corn/Zipped accused me on start of day [whatever]

Fireblend

Banned
Day 1: We spend most of the day discussing Cabot/nin. Kingkitty is lynched.

Day 2: We spend most of the day discussing Lone_Prodigy/BSP. Hyperactivity is lynched.

Day 3: We spend most of the day discussing CornBurrito. Palmer is lynched.

Day 4: We spend most of the day unanimously agreed that Topo is 100% scum. He is lynched, but it became a lot less clear in the final hours.

Day 5: We spend most of the day discussing Blargonaut. ??? is lynched.

I noticed this effect during Danganronpa. It's the only reason I didn't completely shit the bed when Corn/Zipped accused me on start of day [whatever]

Yeah, and that's worked great for us. We should totally do it again >_>

*Splinter

Yeah, and that's worked great for us. We should totally do it again >_>
I'm not sure what you think I was suggesting. My only point is that the end of day swing often occurs and usually seems to ignore anything that happened outside of the last couple of hours. The more space Blarg puts between start of day and the start of his actual defense, the better (for him).

Admittedly most of this game's days were influenced by role claims, but I'm sure others have noticed similar things in previous games?

I believe the recency effect is very strong in Mafia (or at least Gafia?)

image.php

Yesterday, I explicitly stated that *Splinter should be on today's coffee table as the primary scum suspect. At first glance, I saw your claim to be the flimsiest one out of ours left here. You claim to be a power role, yet you've barely expended any effort in paraphrasing your role PM's flavour text to us. You and Fireblend came to the name-claim party together and late; prior to that, you breadcrumbed your name as Scott Walker with the INITIALS and the 'I Like Star Wars' post. Your name deployment was clean and currently I can't find fault with it.

However, once we put aside your name claim, and get to your ROLE claim (which, I might add, is the latest one to be revealed out of all of us):

*Splinter's role claim and some relevant posts said:
I'm gonna have egg on my face if everyone claims while I was suggesting we don't do that, so here's a dumb breadcrumby hint until Cabot decides what we're doing.

I like Star Wars

Google won't help you with that

hmm, interesting that you took the initiative to preemptively deploy a basis for a strategic defense

Scott Walker

What;s your title?

Never claimed I was ordinary. Not claiming anything without a damn good reason

Ok, so as I said the problem with breadcrumbs is I could leave trails to multiple candidates. To remove that option I literally said THIS IS A BREADCRUMB (second quote below).

Before I get to that, I'll point to this post made later which was to back it up:

INITIALS

This leads to Scott Walker and only Scott Walker.

The Google comment is in case some other candidate had a connection to Star Wars that I wasn't aware of.

I'm sorry to say this now but I'm going to be slow to respond. I've still got 3 hours of work and low battery on my phone, so I'm forced to limit myself.

2-shot NK-immunity? If true, you've grossly misused your power and your capability, and have acted totes selfishly with it since the beginning. You could have acted as a perfect Town-aligned bullet sponge not only once, not only TWICE, but you could've led the Mafia to believe that you're actually NK-immune, and so they'd have no choice but to publicly pursue you, because they'd have no other way of killing you. You could have used your seeming invincibility to instill fear into the Mafia and publicly lure them out by baiting them into charging at you with their votes during the Day.

But you didn't. You choose to keep it secret, and deploy your power once, last Night, in secret, all for your own benefit. You LOTR: Fellowship of The Ring Frodo'd it. If you're telling the truth, you've played your role horribly, as horribly as I played apparently-NK-immune H.P Lovecraft in the Cthulhu game. Yeah, that horribly.

---
PERSONAL DIGRESS: Do you want to know why I haven't brought up my role claim of Jeb Bush much either? Because I've been a Loser/Ordinary Villager since I got here, and I literally have nothing else to share about my role that you all don't already know. Me repeating my Ordinary-ness over and over to you all again and again would only make me look more suspicious, which is why I said it and left it at that. I openly name-claimed as Jeb Bush fairly early after I first arrived here after replacing Never Forever, and I did it when I was under no pressure at all to do so. I chose to do it because we were at the point where everyone claiming to be something would soon be of benefit to Town. Now is that soon.

And, I've already presented my main Defense in my Prologue post; me being the final Loser/Ordinary Villager tops off the amount of Losers/Ordinary Villagers in this game to 5. That's 5 Ordinary Villagers out of 16 players, which is roughly a 1/3rd of this game's population, and according to game balance standards, that makes my claim the most plausible and believable out of us all.

It's one of you 4 power role claimants that's lying about your alignment, if not your powers too.
---

...but then, after I made my summary of deaths y'all see in the Prologue post above, I started to seriously ponder (yeah, believe it) upon the hellscape we're in.

Excepting Night 2, there's been a double kill almost every single Night.

A double kill almost every single Night.

Consider the fact that we're in a game with at least 2 independent killers, or 1 extremely powerful, GAFia-unprecedented double-killer.

We have had a Doctor (Sorian) and a Hybrid Doctor/Roleblocker (Lone_Prodigy) on our side. That's 2.5 Town-aligned Protective roles, to help shield us from death.

We have had an RNG50%-cursed Faction Investigator (kingkitty) and a 1-shot Day-extending Daytime Faction Investigator (cabot) on our side. That's, like, 0.75 Town-aligned Investigator roles, to help us find the scum(s).

We've had a Doublevoter (Kalor), who I think was part of a "flavour triangle"; one of the three corners to SalvaPot's inability to hammer-vote and BSP's inability to vote at all.
As an aside, consider that Kalor was Town and BSP was Neutral yet Mafia-aligned. Does this mean SalvaPot could be either a Neutral Town-aligned, or a pure Mafia? Because these would complete a "flavour triangle" of 'Neutral Good/Good/Neutral Evil' or 'Good/Neutral/Evil', respectively, between the three of them. I might look more into this later.

And there's been a double kill almost every single Night.

We're in a dangerous world here, folks.

So, I can't believe I'm saying this right now, but after considering the big picture, I now consider *Splinter's claim of Town 2-shot Bulletproof to be

BELIEVABLE

I can't stand reading *Splinter's posts. Everything absolutely reeks of scumminess, I don't even know to describe it, it's like this aura of scum that I feel deep in my gut every time I read a 'Election *Splinter' post. The way he dropped his role claim, the way he's been posting yesterday and today, the way he spells my name, everything is chock full of cooties and saying that I find him believable is like, literally making me feel like vomiting all over my keyboard. Kind of like how you all feel about me, probably.

However, I've thought about it, and in such a Dangerous Game as this, I actually consider it plausible to have a Town 2-shot Bulletproof here with us, considering that there's been a double kill almost every single Night. Considering the balance of Protective roles (2 of them to 12 Townsfolk; 5 Ordinary Villagers and 7 Town power roles), I find it plausible that there is one Town power role with a limited-use Bulletproof ability, that being *Splinter. His claim being true would make it a 1/4 of the Town population being Protective roles (with him, that's 3 people out of 12), *Splinter being a self-Protective one compared to Sorian and LP's selfless ones.

HOWEVER #2, I have not fully studied *Splinter's prior voting pattern nor his interactions with others yet; my exoneration of him is purely based on me looking at the game state and comparing his role claim to it. If I find something suspicious there after I go back and take a look (soon), my current stance on *Splinter being Town may or may not waver depending on what I see.

☆☆

So, having now addressed my own alignment in my Prologue post, and now that I've stated that I've thought about this sitch more and now believe that *Splinter is telling the truth and is Town; that leaves CornBurrito, SalvaPot and Fireblend as the suspects. So who's the scum? And how many? And is there really a Neutral among us?

CornBurrito, SalvaPot and Fireblend...

I believe that there's 3 GOP left. If me and *Splinter are two of them, who's the 3rd GOP?

And what about the other 2 people? What are they?

2 scum Electorate?

Or 1 scum Electorate and 1 SK?

NEXT CHAPTER: EVERYBODY ELSE

I forgot to quote the post where Splint role-claimed his power, bleh

My wealthy benefactors will keep my campaign going no matter how much I suck. Twice per game I can ask for more FUNDing and be NK immune for that night.

I wanted to soft-claim cop yesterday to draw a night kill, but I also wanted to not be lynched, so I kind of chickened out

SalvaPot

Hey blarg, I just want to point out that there is no way I am scum, since I lead the lynch on hyper.

I could be neutral or town. I just can´t be scum.

Based on the voting patterns from before:

1) Blarg and Salva or Fire (Because they need one more vote to hammer corn/splinter)
2) Splinter and Blarg (Because they need one more vote to hammer corn)
3) Corn and Blarg (Because they need one more vote to hammer splinter)
4) Splinter and Corn (Because they need one more vote to hammer blarg)
And
5) Only one scum player, could be any of us.

That means you are scum in 4 out of 5 scenarios (4 out of 9 if there is only one scum player left). But I am not going to entertain the idea that there is a neutral player anymore, it just makes no sense.

So now I just have to read how likely the team-ups are. I´ll go back and read through the end of day 2, when hyper died, I am sure the answer is ther.

Hey blarg, I just want to point out that there is no way I am scum, since I lead the lynch on hyper.

I've mostly reached this conclusion. I think if there is a neutral, it is almost certainly you. It makes sense flavor wise for you to potentially be Neutral, since you are a Libertarian. And then your power can only help aid survival until the end, especially if you role claim early. And our focusing on BSP gave you the perfect chance to claim.

Fireblend

Banned
You are scum only if paired with Blarg, or by yourself. You could also be a neutral.

So you are town in 7 out of 9 scenarios
That... doesn't make much sense to me. I'll read back through your posts, but you may be assuming too much :p obviously I say this not to "un-defend me" but because you may be skipping other real possibilities in your analysis.

SalvaPot

That... doesn't make much sense to me. I'll read back through your posts, but you may be assuming too much :p obviously I say this not to "un-defend me" but because you may be skipping other real possibilities in your analysis.

Here you go:

This team-ups are impossible to you:
1) Fire and Salva (Because we could have hammered when blarg voted Cornburrito)
2) Fire and Splinter (Because they could have hammered when Blarg voted Cornburrito)
3) Fire and Corn (Because they could have hammered when Blarg voted Splinter)

That leaves only you with Blarg, you lone scum or you as neutral.

*Splinter

I think it makes 2 assumptions:
1: Two scum remaining (no Neutral)
2: Scum were not able to hammer the vote yesterday (when all votes were made and all players were posting

I think 2 at least is reasonable. I also believe 1 but I guess there is no guarantee(?)

Fireblend

Banned
I guess that logic it's better than nothing. Did anyone check for how long those votes were up? If they were up for more than, say, 5-10 mins when most of us were on then I'd believe they're decent proof that the game could've ended then if 2 scum players were "free to hammer".

Fireblend

Banned
Also, based on that logic, can we calculate which "X votes for Y" combination would provide us the most information (though I guess that would put us at risk of getting insta-hammered, of course)?

Based on the voting patterns from before:

1) Blarg and Salva or Fire (Because they need one more vote to hammer corn/splinter)
2) Splinter and Blarg (Because they need one more vote to hammer corn)
3) Corn and Blarg (Because they need one more vote to hammer splinter)
4) Splinter and Corn (Because they need one more vote to hammer blarg)
And
5) Only one scum player, could be any of us.

That means you are scum in 4 out of 5 scenarios (4 out of 9 if there is only one scum player left). But I am not going to entertain the idea that there is a neutral player anymore, it just makes no sense.

So now I just have to read how likely the team-ups are. I´ll go back and read through the end of day 2, when hyper died, I am sure the answer is ther.

If you still think I'm scum, then you're flat-out wrong. Did you even READ my two posts above? Not only does my claim of being Jeb Bush (A PROMINENT NAME THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS CLAIMED) fit in FLAVOUR-WISE, me being Loser/Ordinary Villager fits in GAME BALANCE-WISE.

You 4 power role claimants are the most suspicious here, and it's the likeliest that one or two of you are scum and a possible SK. Yes, I still think an SK is still a possibility, and if there is one, then either you or CornBurrito are it. If all of you are telling the truth about your powers alone, not even your alignments, then this game is severely tuned for lean towards Town. Even Ourob isn't morally capable of that design.

You 4 ABSOLUTELY REEK OF LIES Do you all honestly believe that I'm lying about being Jeb Bush, Loser/Ordinary Villager? IMPLAUSIBLE.

Look at you leeches, the 4 of you have ALL claimed power roles AND YOU'RE ALL STICKING TO YOUR STORIES DESPITE YOUR EXISTENCES LITERALLY BREAKING THIS GAME'S BALANCE. I HAVE NOT CLAIMED TO BE ANYTHING ELSE SINCE I GOT HERE AFTER REPLACING NEVER FOREVER. YEAH, I SAID IT. I REPLACED NEVER FOREVER. UNBELIEVABLE, RIGHT?

THE LIAR IS AMONG YOU 4, IT'S NOT ME. BECAUSE THE 4 OF YOU HAVE STUCK TO EACH OF YOUR ROLE CLAIM GUNS ALL THE WAY 'TIL NOW, THIS GAME LITERALLY DOES NOT MAKE SENSE IF I AM LYING ABOUT MY ROLE AND ALIGNMENT.

If you're GOP, you're all literally wasting your time if you pursue me as a suspect, because I'm NOT ELECTORATE. I'M JEB BUSH, GOP LOSER. EVERYTHING I'VE SAID ON THIS PAGE SUPPORTS THAT.

SalvaPot

I've mostly reached this conclusion. I think if there is a neutral, it is almost certainly you. It makes sense flavor wise for you to potentially be Neutral, since you are a Libertarian. And then your power can only help aid survival until the end, especially if you role claim early. And our focusing on BSP gave you the perfect chance to claim.

Yes, and this is why I am so adamant claiming I am not a neutral player and also that I am sure there is no neutral player.

My role is not a survival one, as a GOP, I win with town. If I was a neutral that needed to survive, right now would be the perfect time to make the claim, so people could realize there is one neutral in the game, so by logic there should be one mafia player left in the game. It would be the perfect chance to do the Sorian strategy.

So only two options is for me to be a SK or for me to be a GOP. if I was the SK, I am preeeetty sure that if town lynches one of the GOP players now the game won´t end, because there would be 1 mafia, 2 GOP, and 1 SK left, so mafia and sk have a chance to get one more kill each and even then it would be really hard, because if SK kills mafia first and both or one GOP survive, then GOP wins, not SK.

The fact that Ouro made it clear that the condition is for Electorate to be equal or more than GOP slips the fact that there just couldn´t be a SK, because then his role would be extremely hard to win because mathematically it gives the advantage to the other two sides.

What happens if we are on a 2-2-1 situation? Mafia wins, SK can´t kill anymore.
What about a 1-2-1 situation when town successfully lynches the last scum? Again, SK loses because GOP completed their win condition, even if it realistically can kill the others are win.

So, it is really highly unlikely we have a SK.

*Splinter

Can someone on desktop link Blarg's name claim? I've been searching on mobile but can't find it.

He implies it was an early claim, but I'm sure he was one of the last 3 unclaimed

SalvaPot

I think it makes 2 assumptions:
1: Two scum remaining (no Neutral)
2: Scum were not able to hammer the vote yesterday (when all votes were made and all players were posting

I think 2 at least is reasonable. I also believe 1 but I guess there is no guarantee(?)

All five of us had enough time to reply to Blarg vote on cornburrito, the same could be said the second time Splinter voted Blarg (The first time you removed it within a minute), and later on when Blarg voted splinter, with enough time to discuss it and retract his vote and, again, for all of us to discuss about it. Also, your vote in blarg remains.

I can certainly say there was enough time for mafia to discuss it and make a hammer, given the circumstances.

ALSO, you know what? With the ask I dropped yesterday, I could've pretended I was silenced by Fireblend today and posted all in image macros. Fireblend would've vehemently denied having silenced me, and I could have suggested via image that he must have been lying about being the Silencer, and someone else, possibly *Splinter, was the real Silencer and was trying to frame Fireblend. If I was scum, that would've destroyed you all nice n' easy, wouldn't it?

But I didn't do that, did I?

NO, BECAUSE I'M LEGIT TOWN. 100% VANILLA ORDINARY. I'M HERE TO HELP. And I've chosen to be a Reader Leader today, you filthy, filthy animals. What say you about my Prologue and Chapter 1 posts above, huh? None of you have even bothered to address the points I've put forward, the contributions that you all asked me for.

Doesn't what I've said so far make sense? Doesn't it? pls tell me if otherwise,

pls

SalvaPot

2:55pm (Pacific time)

uNW3fSd.gif

STAY AWAY FROM ME, ALL OF YOU

I'VE NEVER BEEN IN THE LATE GAME, DON'T TOUCH ME

WHAT DO I DO

surrounded by killers

VOTE: CornBurrito

surrounded by killers

2:59pm
...fire didn´t hit you with downsize?

3:00pm
No? I said yesterday I wouldn't and today again that I didn't.

3:12pm
Was waiting for Salva/Blarg to show up. I'm thinking about Blarg and Corn at the moment

3:15pm
On mobile. sweet setup with Blarg. Now all you two need to do is wait and then you two can justify a lynch on me. That's a nice plan for scum.

3:18pm
ohhhh ffffuuuuuuuck meeeeeeeeee, I don't want this responsibilittyyy ;_; I need to reevaluate

(Reads on everyone)

I don't know who to believe, I don't know

3:26pm
Blarg and Fire are scum, calling it right now, 100%, no take-backs

VOTE: Blargonaut

3:35pm
I'm the only real GOP left here, you cows.

UNVOTE: CornBurrito

VOTE: *Splinter

I'm still thinking *Splinter's a scum, and I don't know WTF Fireblend or Corn are, fuck me I don't know what any of you are

oh gods I feel so alone

30 minute window, all four of us except corn burrito (Who was on moblie AND was the one that was voted for) disscused the vote for a while, so that means Salva/Fire/Splinter team-ups could have easily take this chance to hammer, but didn´t. Corn was also the one that was voted on.

*Splinter

Prologue is 99% padding and recap. The only point you raise is that 5 ordinary is the right number, and 4 is entirely impossible. This seems to be the main point of your defense so far

Chapter 1 says I am scummy but actually town based on, again, the balance of roles.

I can't see anything in either that is worth responding to, except for your assertion that you name claimed early (which I disagree with and am still looking for)

If you still think I'm scum, then you're flat-out wrong. Did you even READ my two posts above? Not only does my claim of being Jeb Bush (A PROMINENT NAME THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS CLAIMED) fit in FLAVOUR-WISE, me being Loser/Ordinary Villager fits in GAME BALANCE-WISE.

Most of the players had already name claimed by the time you claimed a name. The only exceptions being Fireblend, and Splinter I think. While I think the name you claimed is evidence in favor of you being town, it isn't 100% indisputable proof of your alignment that you claim it is. It also rests under the assumption that scum wasn't given a fake role or two to claim. True, Hyper's claim did call that in to question, but that could have been just a shit name given by Ouro, or even an attempt to lead town to think that scum wasn't given names.

What about a 1-2-1 situation when town successfully lynches the last scum? Again, SK loses because GOP completed their win condition, even if it realistically can kill the others are win.

So, it is really highly unlikely we have a SK.

This isn't really valid reasoning. You're basically saying such a situation would suck ass for neutral, therefore it is unlikely?

SalvaPot

Now, the vote of Blarg on Splinter:

3:35pm
I'm the only real GOP left here, you cows.

UNVOTE: CornBurrito

I'm still thinking *Splinter's a scum, and I don't know WTF Fireblend or Corn are, fuck me I don't know what any of you are

oh gods I feel so alone

3:36pm
That's a relief

VOTE: Blargonaut

3:38pm
UNVOTE: *Splinter

UNVOTE: Fireblend

You wanna play realtime, let's fuck

3:39pm
UNVOTE: Fireblend

(Discussione between salva, fire, blarg and splinter about splinters role)

3:52pm
No, no. I believe El Topo was yesterday's destined lynching no matter what.

My surface read of this sitch right now is screaming to me that you had no reason not to make that gambit. You could have saved cabot and come out unharmed in the process. This reeks.

3:56pm
Just realized that blargs plan to draw out the scum hammer doesn't work if scum wants to suss out the neutral. Or if there really only is 1 scum left.

3:58pm
I thought we'd agreed there's no neutral? (either that, or there's 1 scum and 1 neutral, but I don't see why a lone scum player would be hunting for a neutral right now).

If there were 2 electorate and 1 neutral we would've lost already.

3:58pm
Topo had been out of the centre of attention for a while. I'd be claiming 2 doctors and 2 cops and a bulletproof in a small game where the only scum role we'd seen was extremely weak. I know I wouldn't believe that, I highly doubt anyone else would.

4:07pm
UNVOTE: *Splinter

Notice how I am the only one that didn´t comment in this period of time (And I have proven I can´t be scum). The lapse was of 15 minutes. Fire/Corn could have hammered if scum, but didn´t.

SalvaPot

This isn't really valid reasoning. You're basically saying such a situation would suck ass for neutral, therefore it is unlikely?

I am saying that if Ouro had setup a game for SK to realistically win there should be a condition that avoids auto-wins for the other factions while SK is alive.

*Splinter

Notice how I am the only one that didn´t comment in this period of time (And I have proven I can´t be scum). The lapse was of 15 minutes. Fire/Corn could have hammered if scum, but didn´t.
Woah what? When did you "prove" that? Also you did post in that time frame anyway, #2765?

SalvaPot

Woah what? When did you "prove" that? Also you did post in that time frame anyway, #2765?

Well, prove as much as I can with the hyper lynch. If that is not enough proof I don´t know what it is. That post you mentioned was just before Blarg posted his second splinter vote, so while the vote was active I didn´t post.

I am saying that if Ouro had setup a game for SK to realistically win there should be a condition that avoids auto-wins for the other factions while SK is alive.

Or the SK got fucked over by someone dying to your ability, me killing BSP (a neutral) with my ability, and perhaps Lone's actions since we don't know if he ever successfully prevented an SK kill or not.

*Splinter

Well, prove as much as I can with the hyper lynch. If that is not enough proof I don´t know what it is. That post you mentioned was just before Blarg posted his second splinter vote, so while the vote was active I didn´t post.
Ah, I see... Hmm I had missed that

The Hyper thing... It's definitely the main point in your favour, I'm not 100% on anyone being GOP though

SalvaPot

Or the SK got fucked over by someone dying to your ability, me killing BSP (a neutral) with my ability, and perhaps Lone's actions since we don't know if he ever successfully prevented an SK kill or not.

SK rarely if ever has partners, there could be other neutrals but not aligned with the SK. I am basing my claim that there is no SK on this:

Neutrals do not count toward Town or Mafia's win conditions.

And the game is still going, chucklefucks.

in response to this:
Ouro, would the game be already over if we were at 2 town, 1 neutral and 2 scum?

Notice, And the game is still going, chucklefucks., that clearly means there is no 2 scum, 2 town, 1 neutral situation, so that only leaves 2-3, 1-4 and 1-3-1.

So there can only be a scum AND a SK in a 1-3-1 situation, and that means that if scum is lynched, then town wins automatically. Don´t you think SK should have a chance for the game to continue until he is lynched or wins?

There is no scenario I can think of where SK can win, from the veeery beginning of the game, in that 1-3-1 scenario, town lynches a townie, then SK kills a a mafia and mafia kills another town, we end with a 2-1 town victory, and SK can´t win.

Same 1-3-1 scenario, town lynches a townie, then SK kills a townie and mafia kills another townie, we are at 1-1-1, oh wait, that means Mafia is equal to town! But what about SK? Neutrals don´t count on the others win conditions, remember?

You can add a lot of different scenerios with role blocks,distractions, etc, the point stands. There is no realistic way SK can win as a neutral, because in this game win conditions neutrals can not win games unless their win condition is to win by either surviving or by making one of the other two factions win, that´s it.

Fireblend

Banned
What do you guys think about Blarg claiming that if he was scum he could have pretended I silenced him and used that to incriminate someone (me?)?

*Splinter

What do you guys think about Blarg claiming that if he was scum he could have pretended I silenced him and used that to incriminate someone (me?)?
At best it creates a Fire/Blarg THUNDERDOME. With things so uncertain already it's probably an unnecessary risk for scum to do that.

But I guess he 'could' have, sure.

However, he went on to say he'd use it to suggest that someone else is the silencer? That doesn't make any sort of sense

Prologue is 99% padding and recap. The only point you raise is that 5 ordinary is the right number, and 4 is entirely impossible. This seems to be the main point of your defense so far

breh, that took me like 2 or 4 hours, k

I had to go back and trawl through pages I never read, through Days I wasn't around for, to compile that list and role summary for you all, to help you all make your reads today, I didn't even manipulate anything

scum wouldn't do that for you

Chapter 1 says I am scummy but actually town based on, again, the balance of roles.

I can't see anything in either that is worth responding to, except for your assertion that you name claimed early (which I disagree with and am still looking for)

So you agree with all that I've said so far then?

*Splinter

In this game SK can´t win by himself. Therefor, there is no SK.
Is it always true that the game would continue for the SK to win? DR was certainly this way (or at least after Launch fixed it)
Have you considered the possibility of SK being able to win with town/scum? I don't know the 'usual' conditions for this

*Splinter

breh, that took me like 2 or 4 hours, k

I had to go back and trawl through pages I never read, through Days I wasn't around for, to compile that list and role summary for you all, to help you all make your reads today, I didn't even manipulate anything

scum wouldn't do that for you
LOL
(I guess you haven't read it, but this is the kind of logic I used all of DR, and I did wayyyyy more than you have for town)

And no I don't agree, but it would just be speculating on Ouro's set up with no way of knowing who is right

Fireblend

Banned
Hmmm... I'm leaning towards Splinter and someone else (Blarg or Corn) as the remaining electorate members.

- I trust Salva because of the hyper thing more than any of you guys. I have to trust some assumption and we have so few leads right now that's the best one I have available.

- I'm not scum, obviously.

- Blarg is right about the town/PR distribution, and his Jeb name claim before both Splinter and I claimed is a good argument in his favor, it would have been pretty risky as scum. He could be playing us, but man, those are some long posts for a scum player that might as well have stayed mostly silent today. I do have some issues with what he's said like being 100% confirmed town because of role distribution though. He's far from 100% to me.

- Between *Splinter and Corn, I trust Corn more simply because *Splinter claimed a PR which he apparently has used in the least useful way possible throughout this game, and Blarg is now apparently convinced he's town, but then again he has a weird role name, and hasn't posted that much today.

- *Splinter is just plan scummy. I don't like anything about his PR, as said above and multiple times this day.

So, I'm leaning towards voting for *Splinter. Someone convince me not to. If we get 2 votes on him and no one hammers him, we'd know we hit scum.
...of course, if someone does hammer him we lose the game. But them's the breaks. I feel that has like a 33% chance of succeeding :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom