• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal announced: Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, February 2016, $59.99

jmood88

I don't really get the notion that this is a cash in. Wouldn't a cash in be some quick, easy shit that barely takes any time? Like Far Cry 5 set in the same location as four or like 'Far Cry 4: YOU PLAY AS THE VILLAIN NOW' edition.
People just like being cynical for the sake of being cynical.

I don't really get the notion that this is a cash in. Wouldn't a cash in be some quick, easy shit that barely takes any time? Like Far Cry 5 set in the same location as four or like 'Far Cry 4: YOU PLAY AS THE VILLAIN NOW' edition.

It's Ubisoft thread, you shouldn't expect much rational talk.

Aces&Eights

I hope they really add in a new style of gameplay. I am OK with reusing assets from FC but please don't be ice age FC without guns. There is a chance here to really make a good hunter/prey style game, stealth, resource management, camp building, etc. In depth inventory management and making traveling precarious and perilous. No huge map to unlock easily enough with towers and enemy camp #24 around the corner.

Let's have some good melee, TONS on animals, tough survival aspects and "boss" encounters really challenging and rewarding.

Veelk

Banned
Just to be clear, there aren't going to be any dinosaurs there?

Because when I first saw it, I thought we'd get dinosaurs. Then I watched the trailer and it seems we're just getting the Ice Age environment. Which is nice, I don't want to say it's not, what with wooly mammoths and sabre tooth tigers and so on...

But they ain't no dinosaurs.

Man, they better not skimp on the megafauna

I want to see stuff like this

They said they are creating a game set in the Stone Age though... Sure, you'll have some creatures about... mastodons, sabretooths, big ass beavers, etc.. but stuff like that Paraceratherium (the largest in the chart) ? They predated humans by millions of years :\

Toa TAK

Banned
Just to be clear, there aren't going to be any dinosaurs there?

Because when I first saw it, I thought we'd get dinosaurs. Then I watched the trailer and it seems we're just getting the Ice Age environment. Which is nice, I don't want to say it's not, what with wooly mammoths and sabre tooth tigers and so on...

But they ain't no dinosaurs.
They could always pull some DLC Blood Dragon/Yeti style. That would be rad.

They said they are creating a game set in the Stone Age though... Sure, you'll have some creatures about... mastodons, sabretooths, big ass beavers, etc.. but stuff like that Paraceratherium (the largest in the chart) ? They predated humans by millions of years :
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they bend history somewhat to add some more outlandish or interesting species

Pif

Banned
Interest in this made me want to purchase Far Cry 4. Never considered because I suck at dual analog setup on fps games.

Does it have "lock-on" aim a la Zelda that helps you shoot enemies?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
+savage+_8d0b8f9a92e09130922b31648dab3c39.jpg

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they bend history somewhat to add some more outlandish or interesting species

Oh I wouldn't be against it, but given that trailer, the press release, and the behind the scenes video, they seem to be wanting to play this with a straight face. I'd be down for an all-inclusive attitude towards megafauna regardless of historical accuracy though :)

whoszed

A really strange direction for the series to go. I mean, the will change completely. I wonder if there's two Far Cry teams and another is working on a more traditional shooter. Also I expected there to be more of a break from FC after 4, but at least the setting sure is different.

PhineBuyM3

I haven't played a Far Cry game since the first one, but the premise of Primal sounds very interesting and I may check this one out.

I stopped at 3 but from what people are saying about the newer ones the haven't changed much in terms of gameplay.

They did, Black Flag plays nothing like Unity (it plays a bit like 3 but not a lot) and Unity plays nothing like AC3. Even AC3 don't play like the Ezio trilogy.

daniels

How can you not be excited for this? This is awesome. Fuck guns and shit. This is amazing.

I don't care about guns but i wanted to hunt dinosaurs not some elephants and tigers...again... god i hope they dont copy paste the stupid eagles in this game.

So they took the Shambala missions as a jump off point for an all-new game basically.

I wonder if they're gonna tie in mythological happenings with the pre-historic era.

Ledsen

I hope they really add in a new style of gameplay. I am OK with reusing assets from FC but please don't be ice age FC without guns. There is a chance here to really make a good hunter/prey style game, stealth, resource management, camp building, etc. In depth inventory management and making traveling precarious and perilous. No huge map to unlock easily enough with towers and enemy camp #24 around the corner.

Let's have some good melee, TONS on animals, tough survival aspects and "boss" encounters really challenging and rewarding.

Expect to be climbing regularly spaced tall trees to unlock map icons that lead you to Glittery Conch 1/40 and Cheetah Race 3/7, while leveling up enough to unlock Spear Chucking so you can unleash the caged Angry Mammoth placed just outside the enemy camp

Kamina777

Banned
I like that the primals aren't all the Hollywood ideal of what early man looked like. And it seems they're going bravely into that territory.

How can you not be excited for this? This is awesome. Fuck guns and shit. This is amazing.
Agreed, I'm legit excited.

Luq

I like that the primals aren't all the Hollywood ideal of what early man looked like. And it seems they're going bravely into that territory.

Agreed, I'm legit excited.

Did we see the same trailer? It was very "hollywoody" to me, expect breast size of female. The rest is pretty stereotypical image of masculine, "brute and hairy but yet not too much" type of look. If you srsly think that's how early man looked like (or were close to) then I have bad news for you man...

Top Bottom