• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should kill Cloud and have Aerith take over as primary protagonist.

Oh, to see the fanboys go even more crazy if Nomura did that instead, it would be gold.

Where's your god now?
3110732-3261849336-25374.gif

Vex_

Banned
They should kill Cloud and have Aerith take over as primary protagonist.

This would actually be SICK! Like an alternate path.

Youd have the original path where
aerith dies
still, but then you could do this and get a different perspective. It would be cool because no matter what, youd always lose someone.

This would actually be SICK! Like an alternate path.

Youd have the original path where
aerith dies
still, but then you could do this and get a different perspective. It would be cool because no matter what, youd always lose someone.

Yeah, I was joking when I wrote it, but subsequently started thinking of the potentially cool possibilities!

I'm not a proponent of just
saving Aerith
and changing nothing else about the story. But a branching path where Cloud can sacrifice himself for her, that could be pretty interesting....

13ruce

Banned
Someone who buys a game fair and square should never be banned even if they play online/singleplayer early. Thats the sellers fault for breaking street date not the buyer.

Nya

I'm not a proponent of just
saving Aerith
and changing nothing else about the story. But a branching path where Cloud can sacrifice himself for her, that could be pretty interesting....

I'd be down with another branching path featuring Zack as the main protagonist and becoming the hero that he deserves to be! His story in CC was way too cruel, my poor baby :<

Seriously though, Zack rules, he should have been the main character of VII

Marmelade

This is the first mainline FF game to get a worldwide release. Japan has strict codes of honor that prevent stores from breaking the street date.

Bushido life!
If a japanese store employee breaks the street date, the owner has to take responsibility and commit seppuku

lol

silva1991

I'm with you Jett. It's not the player's fault if some people seek his/her stream.

It's people's own fault if they looked it up and got spoiled.

DrBretto

Banned
Someone who buys a game fair and square should never be banned even if they play online/singleplayer early. Thats the sellers fault for breaking street date not the buyer.

They're not getting banned from playing it. They're getting banned from showing it and they are well within their rights to do so.

HardRojo

Not sure why you think Squeenix gives a rat's ass about us.
I'm friends with some people from the local VG press (blogs and that stuff), there are events every now and then to inform them about new games coming out, I've actually attended a couple of them. I heard yesterday that the local PR agency working with SE was asking questions regarding what happened and apparently MásGamers was given the green light to post the unboxing video. Companies like Bandai Namco actually have strong ties here even though it doesn't look like it.

DrBretto

Banned
I'm with you Jett. It's not the player's fault if some people seek his/her stream.

It's people's own fault if they looked it up and got spoiled.

It's not a punishment. Other than from twitch, who has every right to ban them for breaking the ToS. If they were to advocate it, companies would eventually stop supporting their games being shown on twitch. There's a bigger picture there.

Oh, that might be from coming into the middle of a conversation. I thought they were talking about twitch.

I remember back in 2008 I was visiting Chengdu, China with my then girlfriend who was from there. We went to the biggest electronics market in town, and it was kind of a nerd paradise. When we walked by one particular stall, I saw some dudes huddled around a TV watching someone play MGS4 well before the release date. I think it might have been a week or two early but I can't remember exactly. I thought about asking to buy a copy but I didn't have my PS with me in China, so it would've been pointless.

Having lived in China for almost 4 years, I haven't seen something like that since. This situation makes me wonder, though.

Cyanity

Banned
I remember back in 2008 I was visiting Chengdu, China with my then girlfriend who was from there. We went to the biggest electronics market in town, and it was kind of a nerd paradise. When we walked by one particular stall, I saw some dudes huddled around a TV watching someone play MGS4 well before the release date. I think it might have been a week or two early but I can't remember exactly. I thought about asking to buy a copy but I didn't have my PS with me in China, so it would've been pointless.

Having lived in China for almost 4 years, I haven't seen something like that since. This situation makes me wonder, though.

Kind of off topic but, how is living in China as a person who (I assume) speaks english as your first language?

Aww man, I was planning on scheduling my whole winter break around FFXV....This sucks.

How could you have missed this? They've been talking about the game for ages, and have never said anything about a PC release other than that they'd have to do a lot of work to make it worthwhile, and it wouldn't be happening anytime soon after release.

Chinbo37

Very off topic but I got a copy is SNES ssf2 like a week or 2 before it was supposed to come out.

Such a great memory

ZenTzen

I'd be down with another branching path featuring Zack as the main protagonist and becoming the hero that he deserves to be! His story in CC was way too cruel, my poor baby :<

Seriously though, Zack rules, he should have been the main character of VII

no

You sound a bit jealous you can't get your hands on an early copy

:)

Nah, think of it this way. Them playing in no way impacts me negativly (i feel nothing)
However, them being blocked for breaking the rules (which i'm a natural stickler for) positively impacts me (i feel better). More Lawful than Good, if you want to use DnD terms.

Strakt

Nah, think of it this way. Them playing in no way impacts me negativly (i feel nothing)
However, them being blocked for breaking the rules (which i'm a natural stickler for) positively impacts me (i feel better). More Lawful than Good, if you want to use DnD terms.

Breaking the rules for going to the store and paying $60 or more for a game that was on sale?

Nah, you're just bitter and jealous.. that wont get you far in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom