• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

artsi

I can see some changes in this build to the JD, but not huge ones.

S rank in combat seems to be now a star, for example.
I'm also not sure if that combo counter was in the demo?

Camera still looks terrible from what I can see of the stream. But he hasn't installed the patch so...

Frame pacing is also still there in the stream, or maybe it was the choppiness. Who knows.

HardRojo

Guy streaming is using Spanish subs. Damn, I know it's my native language but I hate playing games in Spanish, Eng/Japanese dub + English subs all the way!

Here is the new star ranking.

VVtFE6h.jpg

And he's goneeeeeeeeee!

Edit: Nvm. Back up.

if you actually go back and rewatch Tabata's video, he never said it was to avoid patches. Master version they were ready to ship wasn't good enough according to his words, so he delayed it so game on the disc is what he considers finished... basically, what you are downloading right now would've been 1.02 if game released in september. instead original 1.01 was included in the game from the get go and 1.02 turned 1.01

If they delayed it... there would still be a patch.

--

Feel like there's a lot more combat in this stream then the demo. Nice.

As in enemies appearing while exploring? If so, then that's good. Felt like they spawn nearly enough during the demo but I was thinking that might have had something to do with the game being locked to easy mode.

I wonder if they are already prepared to sell it in République in Paris.

For 70€, in a kraft enveloppe in a black plastic bag, payed by cash only without an invoice like some crack deal was going on.

This is how we do street date breaking the French way

Aters

Usually I'm fine with patches. Hell I go full digital so I'm downloading 50G anyway. That said, 7G of day one patch is much larger than I expected.

I guess the days when I just insert the disc and play right away are truly over. The game will never be complete again. Always a stupid patch to download.

Guess I should just fucking quit gaming.

I guess the days when I just insert the disc and play right away are truly over. The game will never be complete again. Always a stupid patch to download.

Guess I should just fucking quit gaming.

There will be always some kind of day 1 patch because the nature of how games are developed. Day 1 patches are made between the time game goes gold and it releases. You want them to do nothing during this time? There is always something to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom