• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't really have any context, because the only streamer that got to the ending actually started to stream near the ending.

I don't think we've seen a single streamer in Altissia, for example.

I did like the ending, but I feel like how powerful it really is will depend on the context throughout the story. Right now I'm just connecting the dots between the very ending and everything I know from following this for so many years. We need to see if the game itself can convey that information in a well paced manner.

Much appreciated! Thanks!

I understand given how the games leaking, it's tough. But I feel it's still a valuable for me to gauge some impressions because even I might have to bail out of the thread for fear of spoilers closer to release.

Edit: VAGUE NON SPOILERY IMPRESSIONS ABOUT ENDING IN QUOTE

Arex

I just want to know if (1st tag is character name, 2nd one the question)
----- Luna -----
survives the game or not at the end
, but I'm too scared to enter the spoiler thread right now lol

Sylas

----- Luna -----

You'll find out in about a week!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
----- Luna -----

Don't be so anxious lol, you'll find out eventually

I just hope the OG Versus trailer makes it into the game.

This game isn't versus though lol. Its not FNC either, its FF15, Tabata's FF15.

We've known that since the start.

sappyday

This game isn't versus though lol. Its not FNC either, its FF15, Tabata's FF15.

We've known that since the start.
Yea no shit. I'm just talking about a scene where Noctis is mowing down soldiers in front of the capital building with Somnus playing. That scene could very well still fit into the current game.

OrionX

Yea no shit. I'm just talking about a scene where Noctis is mowing down soldiers in front of the capital building with Somnus playing. That scene could very well still fit into the current game.

I think Omen is the closest we're gonna get to that.

Arex

You'll find out in about a week!

I know, just curiousity, and because I'll be playing the game probably 1 or 2 weeks late XD.

Some guy actually just pm-ed me something akin to (FFVII's spoiler)
Aerith dies
lol , not sure with bad intent or not, luckily I've already kinda known that happened, but I'll hold on and just keep my hope up till the end haha :p

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

To be fair, that's more of a "Nomura" type direction. Tabata was never the kind of guy to go for those types of things. He's more clinical and relatively down to earth in how he presents stuff. So his rule of cool meter is way down, but substituted by other things.

I have a 4 day weekend coming up, but I ordered from Amazon and I've never known them to break street date. I wonder if there's ever been an example of a publisher just giving the green light for retailers to start selling games early.

Without any doubt I should be looking at a PS4 ver of this gm and not X1? I'm always looking for the smoothest experience on multi-plat gms between the 2 consoles.

Thx!

I have a 4 day weekend coming up, but I ordered from Amazon and I've never known them to break street date. I wonder if there's ever been an example of a publisher just giving the green light for retailers to start selling games early.

I think that only happens when a big retailer in the US starts breaking the street date, then everyone just kinda starts selling em

Raptor

Just played the Judgment demo and im impressed by the combat system ia reallly fun.

Might end up buying this game

That 10 hours boss tho i mean i dont play for long sessions.

That happened with the first Uncharted. Gamestop got official word to break state date.

Without any doubt I should be looking at a PS4 ver of this gm and not X1? I'm always looking for the smoothest experience on multi-plat gms between the 2 consoles.

Thx!

Unless you want to wait for the possibility of an upgrade via Scorpio then PS4 is the way to go, a shame really, I felt more people would pick up the XB1 version if if wasnt so blurry.

----- Luna -----
I would PM you the answer but it's better for you to decide for yourself. Or just play the game. The choices are limitless!

Socivol

So um...how's the mood in there now? Doom and gloom? Happy? Sad? Anger? Rage?

My reaction without context was
this is the worst Final Fantasy ending I've ever seen.
That might change with the proper context but overall it was very
meh
to me.

Gawd damnit just clicked on the SPOILER thread instead of " FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere " and big ass spoiler picks were looking at me ��

Yes, PS4 version will be the superior version. Moreso if you have a PS4 Pro.

Copy that, PS4 pre-ordered on PSN.

Unless you want to wait for the possibility of an upgrade via Scorpio then PS4 is the way to go, a shame really, I felt more people would pick up the XB1 version if if wasnt so blurry.

Ohh man, not sure my body would be able to take the punishment of waiting till Holliday '17 ...but, I most definitely hear you on this issue though.

Arex

72 hours boss? @_@. Can you save and come back to it again? or will it reset its stats lol

I would PM you the answer but it's better for you to decide for yourself. Or just play the game. The choices are limitless!

Yeah that's true haha. I'll wait, I've spoiled what happened mid game for that char, but I still know nothing plot wise :p

72 hours boss? @_@. Can you save and come back to it again? or will it reset its stats lol

Yeah that's true haha. I'll wait, I've spoiled what happened mid game for that char, but I still know nothing plot wise :p
Consoles have suspend/resume now...Don't see why people are worried about 10+ hours boss lol.

Gbraga

Will not touch that game due to the subscription (sorry Kagari!). Maybe someday.

Not a fan either, to be honest, I was thinking more "objectively". Because personally, I would even consider XIII to be a really good game. Obviously not the GOAT that I'm sure some were expecting, but Final Fantasy was never my favorite series anyway.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish SE would release FFXI and FFXIV offline soon.

It's weird. Technically I've completed all mainline FF games but XI and XIV are the missing gaps coz they're MMOs.

It's weird. Technically I've completed all mainline FF games but XI and XIV are the missing gaps coz they're MMOs.

I wish the same.

For me it's not even the MMO-ness that is the issue anymore...it's the monthly fee. That's all that is stopping me. I can't afford that lol.

Is such a thing even possible, though? Legitimately asking. It seems like it'd require such a monumental overhaul.

I think XI could be possible but how is the issue. It's clearly set up as a MMO, IE massive areas, few NPC's relatively speaking to size of massive areas. I mean they could pop in more stand by NPC's with nothing to say to flesh out the areas without going through the effort to cut and re-edit their sizes.

Combat could be kept the same and use their system of adding NPC's to your party that was added in a patch sometime ago after I stopped playing it.

Dunno if it would be a good game but I'd play the shit out of it. Offline XI is something I dream about as a former player too lol.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Or you could just play them as they are. XIV in particular is very solo-friendly.

I just need to play XI so that I can find out why Shantotto and Prishe were so popular that they became playable in the Dissidia series.

EDIT: I MEANT XI NOT XIII!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom