• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not. But it's it's way better than the original Duscae demo at least.

Yeah, I know :)

I just dislike the MGSV = no story shorthand we've got on GAF.

I prefer the MGSV = amazing gameplay one.

A stellar gameplay system with excellent mechanics that ultimately becomes a snoozefest because of lackluster level design and AI making everything too easy?

I could see that.

Level design is amazing in MGSV. The open world is boring, yes, but Kojima should've just called it a hub because that's basically what it is. But let's not get sidetracked any further here.

Thank you and jacob armitage for your answers. That sounds reassuring :) I'm having this internal debate going on in my head if I should put my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga up for sale to help finance a PS4 to enjoy this game on, but if the Xbox One version is good enough I'll probably not do that.

Are you insane ?!?! This game needs to be played and kept tightly as a precious collector's item. I wouldn't even try to sell it, even if my life would depends on it!

Oh, I'm sure by this point that it will be a good game.

But that's somehow a step-down from "greatest game of the generation", "second best FF of all time".

That's all subjective though. Even assuming Verendus was telling the truth about playing the game early, just because he thought it was great and second only to FF7 doesn't mean you will =)

Heck, some people consider XIII the greatest FF of all time. Personally, 8 is my favourite closely followed by 5, and I have a soft spot for 10-2. Different strokes for different folks, and I don't think anyone should be overly concerned about the score this game receives unless it averages below 70 (likely indicating severe issues with playability). If it manages a score of 75, plenty of people will still declare this their favourite in the series. If it manages a score of 95, plenty of people will still declare this their least favourite in the series.

Mifec

Yeah, I know :)

I just dislike the MGSV = no story shorthand we've got on GAF.

I prefer the MGSV = amazing gameplay one.

Level design is amazing in MGSV. The open world is boring, yes, but Kojima should've just called it a hub because that's basically what it is. But let's not get sidetracked any further here.

Tru, no game in 2015 had better gameplay and V ain't even my GOTY. It's just sublime.

SaniOYOYOY

If FFXV has gameplay on par with MGSV, we're all in for a treat.

on the other hand if FFXV story is on par with MGSV, we are all in for a treat also. God I cant even think of the backlash

I did played MGSV, what made me stop is one of gaffers that said no expandable FOB offline. such a shame konami hiding stuff like that behind an online transaction

on the other hand if FFXV story is on par with MGSV, we are all in for a treat also. God I cant even think of the backlash

I'm expecting even MGSV's story to be waaay more clever than FFXV's.

But that's okay.

I don't play FF for the plot. I play it for the memorable moments that happen while you're on the journey. There's always plenty of those, even in the FF games with a terrible plot.
You know the ones I mean

Quiet = Cindy

This is accurate.

Angel_DvA

Doubt any game is gonna have gameplay that good anytime soon.

Yeah that not even close.

Nah. If it's an improved 12 that is good enough.

MGS5 gameplay won't be topped, but hopefully story and mission design is better than MGS5, as it is garbage tier.

You seems to hate on MGSV a lot on this thread, I won't try to show you how wrong you are but I think you should lower your expectations for FFXV, it won't probably top them.

artsi

Judgment Demo already convinced me on the gameplay part, now I just want to see the story and consume all content there is.

Patrick S.

Banned
Are you insane ?!?! This game needs to be played and kept tightly as a precious collector's item. I wouldn't even try to sell it, even if my life would depends on it!

Yeah, I would be very happy to have a PS4, but right now I can't afford it. Selling my copy of PDS tight now would be the only way to be able to get a used PS4 :(

On the other hand, it's easier to save up €200 for a used PS4 than to rebuy a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga in the condition mine is in. Mine is like new, and has the manual and sleeve in perfect condition, and the cd's are barely used. With my luck, I'd never again get a copy in this condition for less than €400 or maybe more. And I know I'd want to buy it again, because I know I'd regret selling it even though right now it's just a box sitting on a shelf.

I think I'll just play it on the Xbox One, blurryness be damned.

Philippo

Copule of questions, since i haven't played the Judgement Demo and am too afraid to go into the spoiler thread:

-Can the HP bars and weapon wheel be contextual and pop up only dirong combat? I'd love to explore UI-less, but opening up the options and enabling those everytime there's an encounter it's a chore;

-Is there an option to hide the speaker's name from the subtitles? It's something that i hate but most games have the option to toggle them off

Mifec

Copule of questions, since i haven't played the Judgement Demo and am too afraid to go into the spoiler thread:

-Can the HP bars and weapon wheel be contextual and pop up only dirong combat? I'd love to explore UI-less, but opening up the options and enabling those everytime there's an encounter it's a chore;

-Is there an option to hide the speaker's name from the subtitles? It's something that i hate but most games have the option to toggle them off

The only HUD options in the full game with the patch are: YES/NO

Same for the stamina bar.

Gemeanie

Not sure about the first one but the second one is presented in JD

Audioboxer

Yeah that not even close.

You seems to hate on MGSV a lot on this thread, I won't try to show you how wrong you are but I think you should lower your expectations for FFXV, it won't probably top them.

Only a few times, and just the story. I've said MGS5 has the best gameplay, it's just the story is trash.

Audioboxer

What's 'story' to you? Like, what does it encompass?

Just something I enjoy?

MGS5 had terrible character acting from previous games, Ocelot and Miller. Quiet was trash tier budget JRPG waifu nonsense. Kiefer was an atrocious Snake, regardless of the
twist
. The
twist
was awful. Mission structure was like something from a handheld game, not to mention incomplete as most likely Konami wanted the game out asap whilst Kojima divide was going on.

Bosses were bollocks and utterly forgettable. MGS3 and even MGS4 are far better.

The only thing saving MGS5 is amazing gameplay. Which is enough for many, as gameplay is always said to be king, but I am largely a huge MGS fan due to the story in 1 to 4, not so much the gameplay. Kojima proved he and his team have come a long way on the gameplay front, but 5 is an utterly terrible MGS game for him to end the series on.

Basically take away the MGS name and have MGS5 as some standalone game from Kojima and that would be interchangeable with it being MGS5 for me. Absolutely forgettable in the MGS universe. It's a good sign for whatever he does next gameplay wise, but as I said, I find it a garbage MGS game to end the series on. Heck, a garbage MGS game even if it wasn't his last.

harutrix

Neo Member
The story so far...

3o7TKGOTHodVtFvVuw.gif

3o7TKTGXH18lTVSL4c.gif

26his4GcadVXxWWis.gif

Well, I just went to the spoiler thread to see some of the leaked summons and i got spoiled about the ending.

I mean I knew I played with fire so I don't regret it so much, but at least from what I read
I think I will definitely like the ending.

Of course the execution of it is pretty important but I found the concept of it at least touching.
Ouf, 9 more days :D!

FFXV spoiler thread appears to be catching fire. Damn! It already has over 230k views. The game won't be out until a week and it sucks to see the spoilers being revealed so early.

harutrix

Neo Member
There is no story since Verendus never replied back.

This GIF is pretty much how Verendus dealt with this thread, once pressed to present with proof.

UF1vQAB.gif

Haha, I know. Just referencing FFXIII-2's intro when you load up a save.

Been watching too many of the past FF trailers recently.

What?! D: That is considerably less than the 50-60 hours they promised. I hope the player just really rushed through it to be one of the first to know and share the ending.

I think that's pretty much a given. And they were on easy from what I hear.

I'm sure some part of the expected playtime includes spending time riding in the car from place to place, which I imagine anyone rushing skipped as often as possible, too.

Skulldead

So i am now set for that "Controversial" second part of the game, my friend told me what is happening from a gameplay perspective, he don't care about spoiler he read everything and he is PC only player. (can PM if you are interest, i'll give 0 story related info since i don't know anything precisely , just gameplay structure elements).

9 more days, my body is ready !

Edit : just got my email with tracking number of my UCE, f yeah !

Limality

Banned
8 1/2 days to go...I'm slowly dying of anticipation...I'm so curious as to what Noctis and his friends' adventures will be like, that I'm thinking about jumping into the Spoiler thread...I must resist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom