• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV demo only comes with first shipment of FF Type-0 HD "Day One" copies

NateDog

You are going to miss out playing a cool game to prove a point? Way to stick it to the man!

It's not a particularly amazing game anyway. This plan just further proves to me that this is the only way Square can see themselves making some good money from this release now, hence the high price which will dwindle after this "early batch" is done.

Vashetti

Banned
I love how SE keeps side stepping the demo release date question.

Asking people to buy this game at release so they don't miss out, and the demo clearly not coming at the same time is some bullshit.

『Inaba Resident』;143037400 said:
So I can't get Type-0 digitally and get the demo?
Lame.

What?

This has been answered many times, it works physically and digitally.

It's getting hot in here.

tumblr_m91f39falg1qb3fhwo1_500.gif

Chilikar

I mentioned this before but it really feels like the things they've been showing to the public is about all is done at the moment.

I totally agree with you, they've been showing the same area and footage so often now that it's kind of alarming. Literally, we've only seen the Duscae area and the Lucis city. Hell, even in that tech demo footage Accordio looked very rough

HeelPower

It might be possible that the demo is crucial for the development of the game.

The demo might be the basic model after which they'll build the rest of the game( ala FFXIII situation.)

BUT Tabata said they're 50% through so I highly doubt the demo alone represents 50%.

Kanra

Meh, was going to get Type-0 day 1 regardless, although I can understand why some have a problem with this.

Uthred

Say what now? This game is going to be 60 dollar? I honestly thought this was going to be 20... 60$ even with the demo included is just wanting it to fail...

You "honestly" thought that an enhanced HD port was going to have a retail price lower than new PSP games? Seems optimistic

muteki

Why are we considering a delay in the demo when the product page says it is included with the game (type-0)? Granted the demo info on the page is very non-committal.

Are we expecting the included demo to be a code to be redeemed at some TBD future date?

An exclusive demo for a game that I have no reason to believe is going to be any better than any other Final Fantasy game released in the last 8 years is not going to make me preorder a $60 PSP port.

Sorry, Square Enix. Maybe next time.

HeelPower

I was 100% sure that Hashimoto could not top his "Please be excited." meme. Color me surprised.

Hashimoto completely outclassed "please be excited" and pretty much set a new standard.

I honestly don't think he'll ever be topped.

But I am waiting for a new catch phrase.This time he only offered a classic gif.

fedexpeon

Banned
Geez. Demos bundled with games is nothing new or unusual. S-E could issue a press release stating that the sky is blue and it would be met with OUTRAGE.

I want a hamburger, but I have to order a veggie burger first to get the beef one...if SE were an owner of a burger joint.

I would rather pay for the demo straight on then giving SE more money for a bad game and supporting their bad business management skill and continued practices.

In my mind, FFXV didn't really begin in earnest until this year.

Thus I'm really not expecting it until end of 2016 at earliest and that's assuming everything's going efficiently.

Atlas157

I want a hamburger, but I have to order a veggie burger first to get the beef one...if SE were an owner of a burger joint.

I would rather pay for the demo straight on then giving SE more money for a bad game and supporting their bad business management skill and continued practices.

You would get a quarter of the beef one.

Hashimoto completely outclassed "please be excited" and pretty much set a new standard.

I honestly don't think he'll ever be topped.

But I am waiting for a new catch phrase.This time he only offered a classic gif.

Shuhei announces TLG is dead...Gaf crashes for weeks and Y2kev is literally like this:

b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg

Philippo

I'm still hoping it gets a spring release, because assuming it gets shown at E3 2015 i don't want to see it there the year after too.

Also Tabata said they were around 50%, and i don't think he was lying, since that pretty much goes opposite to his more "open" and "honest" relationship with fans (although they're kinda ling about the demo release date).

Why are we considering a delay in the demo when the product page says it is included with the game (type-0)? Granted the demo info on the page is very non-committal.

Are we expecting the included demo to be a code to be redeemed at some TBD future date?
You get a code to download the demo. All they've said is that they're trying to release the demo as soon as possible.

I think it's hilarious! :D
Are you related to Y2Kev? He drinks TLG tears, you drink FFXV tears.

Top Bottom