• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV demo only comes with first shipment of FF Type-0 HD "Day One" copies

I can definitely understand being a little concerned about the game, especially given... well, the entirety of last gen for S-E, but the development transparency now being shown for the game that at one point we were lucky to get a dribble of information on every two or so years, and the fact that they're confident that they have a portion of the game in a playable enough state to be released publicly (Well, relatively speaking, anyway) instills a little bit of confidence in me. Not to mention the FFXIV turnaround.

Would be quite interesting if this did turn into a trainwreck somewhere down the line, though.

Jigolo

Which game is exactly is "2 years out" FFXV? And they're rushing FF type-0 for what reason, exactly? To get the demo out or am I misunderstanding something here.

wmlk

Which game is exactly is "2 years out" FFXV? And they're rushing FF type-0 for what reason, exactly? To get the demo out or am I misunderstanding something here.

They're not rushing out Type-0. There really isn't much to change regarding Type-0 and Tabata has said as much.

The concern is that SE might be rushing the demo out to meet Type-0's release date.

Jigolo

They're not rushing out Type-0. There really isn't much to change regarding Type-0 and Tabata has said as much.

The concern is that SE might be rushing the demo out to meet Type-0's release date.
Lol its just a demo. All I really want for that is to try out the mechanics if the game, I don't understand what the issue is.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
why does Square Enix care about Jump Festa so much ?

Do they host it or sponsor it ? Is it an important event in Japan ?

isn't this like just comic con ?

Because Japan is their homeland. It's their most important market and Jump Festa caters to the type of audience interested in FF.

wmlk

Lol its just a demo. All I really want for that is to try out the mechanics if the game, I don't understand what the issue is.

Same here, I don't think they're "rushing" the demo. It's just meeting a deadline like with nearly every other game out there.

why does Square Enix care about Jump Festa so much ?

Do they host it or sponsor it ? Is it an important event in Japan ?

isn't this like just comic con ?

You're acting like SE are the only ones who go. It's a bigger deal for Japanese games than your typical Comic Con for Western games.

DJIzana

Same here, I don't think they're "rushing" the demo. It's just meeting a deadline like with nearly every other game out there.

You're acting like SE are the only ones who go. It's a bigger deal for Japanese games than your typical Comic Con for Western games.

Expect to see CyberConnect2 with the new Naruto game (hopefully that wasn't their huge surprise). Likely some other companies too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Didn't Yoshi-P have a massive team working behind the game? I heard it had like a huge portion of the developers working on FFXIV: ARR. I don't think the FFXV team is comparable to that to be honest

Yeah, they had like all of Asia working on that game lol. Or at least it seems like it if you watch the credits.

wmlk

Yeah, they had like all of Asia working on that game lol. Or at least it seems like it if you watch the credits.

The core development team seems to be the same size (~300).

I expect the credits for this game to be extremely long lol. All of the people who have come and gone working on Versus XIII.

I mentioned this before but it really feels like the things they've been showing to the public is about all is done at the moment.

So when is the UE4 switch? loloooooloooolll

Is ok actually, more time avaliable to get a PS4...

*Always loook the bright side of liiiifeeeeee*

Chilikar

hahah, all of asia; that's pretty funny. Well I mean, since the team is much smaller than the FFXIV:ARR team, another 2 years to get FFXV out doesn't really sound too unreasonable.

The thing is, they already have most of the mechanics, animations, unique assets, and designs done already from the FFVXIII days. At this point it's practically mass-producing assets and filling up the world. I don't think they'll really take that long to get FFXV out.

Falk

that puzzling face
"Filling up the world" is a terrible way to go about making any kind of game other than Elder Scrolls.

That being said from what I've seen I've got faith that Tabata&co will deliver what they promise in any timeframe they explicitly promise.

"Filling up the world" is a terrible way to go about making any kind of game other than Elder Scrolls.

That being said from what I've seen I've got faith that Tabata&co will deliver what they promise in any timeframe they explicitly promise.

Have you ever talked with Tabata directly Falk?

What do you make of the guy?

Chilikar

Okay that's a very valid point. Thing is, filling it up can still result in a variety and plenty of content too. It just depends on how much effort they put into the game.

But like you said, Tabata and the FFXV team (especially with the Kingdom Hearts games) has yet to fail in meeting my expectations. I believe they can do a good job with this

Falk

that puzzling face
Have you ever talked with Tabata directly Falk?

What do you make of the guy?

Nowp. I only really talk to composers (who by and large technically aren't part of Square Enix per se) and the sound guys.

Tabata definitely strikes me as someone who doesn't promise things he can't deliver, or has little expectation of being able to deliver.

He's also a lot more realistic than, say, Molyneux (but admittedly that's punching the low hanging fruit lol)

BriGuy

So, uh, was Type 0 any good? Is it a game I should legitimately want to play on its own, or is it more corridor-running dreck like FFXIII?

LX_Theo

Banned
That certainly makes a stronger argument for my borderline self on whether to get it day one or wait for some reviews and whatnot.

wmlk

So, uh, was Type 0 any good? Is it a game I should legitimately want to play on its own, or is it more corridor-running dreck like FFXIII?

I haven't finished the whole game yet since I'm holding out for the HD version when I get a PS4, but they haven't shown off the best parts of the game yet.

That Magic Academy is the comfiest place. That alone almost makes it worth it for me.

Nowp. I only really talk to composers (who by and large technically aren't part of Square Enix per se) and the sound guys.

Tabata definitely strikes me as someone who doesn't promise things he can't deliver, or has little expectation of being able to deliver.

He's also a lot more realistic than, say, Molyneux (but admittedly that's punching the low hanging fruit lol)

He's a Director for the whole scope of the game it seems.

Nomura never striked me as a Director although he's great.

Ohh =P, I was going to start bugging you about every Japanese dev.

But yeah, that's the impression I get from his interviews too.

It's pretty good, it's nothing like FFXIII (Even l'Cie are something different here).

It's not corridors, nor it's a linear game, but you will notice a limitation (a PSP limitation) as soon as you start the game =P

Don't expect a typical FF though. I said it in another thread, it's like a halfway point between Crisis Core and a mainline title.

This isn't any ol demo. This will be the first public hands on for a game with a good 6 years of strong hype behind it. You want to make a good first impression. A strong first impression to the public would get the hype train into overdrive and keep it going until release.

Top Bottom