• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 27 - June 2nd | Check Your E-Privilege

What's not good about an unseeable low that does good damage and oki that also wallsplats? It's widely regarded as one of the best lows in the game

Do you really think it's a bad low just because it's launch punishable when blocked?

This isn't T5 anymore where characters like Feng have a hard to see sweep that juggles and high crushes and only -12 or -14 depending on how close you are when it's blocked

Kazuya's Hellsweep is a pretty good low until you reach the super high levels.

I can't believe people want aspects of T5.0 back.

Veggy

Wang wasn't even top 5 in 5.0.

He actually was really good, it's just 5.0 had some pretty retarded characters (Steve, Bryan, Feng, Nina)

Wang b+2,1 nightmares resurfacing....

Safe on block, jails, and if it hit's he gets a free 1,4 guaranteed

Dahbomb

I didn't say he was bad, he was obviously very good but he wasn't in the tier of DJ, Steve, Bryan, Nina, Heihachi, Feng. Those characters ran the show at every local I attended. I got destroyed by Steve the most, I still have nightmares about 5.0 Steve.

But yea 5.0... not exactly the most balanced Tekken out there.

Veggy

Kazuya's Hellsweep is a pretty good low until you reach the super high levels.

I can't believe people want aspects of T5.0 back.

It still works at the super high levels, I've hit both Knee and Nin with it numerous times (granted it was on T6 and with Bob, but it's still a hellsweep)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The thing was the other characters were better/easier in the sense of getting good at the game, but wang had tools to fight all the stuff they could do. Along with his own things that were stupid as hell.

He was just harder to play than the standard top guys. Only character I remember him having a sorta hard time vs was roger

What's not good about an unseeable low that does good damage and oki that also wallsplats? It's widely regarded as one of the best lows in the game

Do you really think it's a bad low just because it's launch punishable when blocked?

This isn't T5 anymore where characters like Feng have a hard to see sweep that juggles and high crushes and only -12 or -14 depending on how close you are when it's blocked

Why are you so mad? I told you I didnt want to argue. Im sorry but I dont think anyone thinks hell sweeps are s-tier but you. You are welcome to your opinion though.

Veggy

mad.jpg

If you think they aren't good lows and you don't need to duck in Tekken then hey, more power to you

Bardiche

Dahbomb said:
I am 90% sure these characters will be removed in a standard 1v1 Tekken game anyway. The only reason why any of these characters exist is so you can get away with playing two of the same characters.

If you like any of these characters then you are part of the problem!

What's wrong with liking Michelle? She was one of the original eight in Tekken 1. She's got more personality than Julia

I disagree with these two, they're classic Tekken characters IMO. The rest of them I would have no problem removing.

If that's the case, then P.Jack and Michelle should be in too since they both appeared in Tekken 1 while Panda and Alex/ Roger Jr. joined later.

Michelle needs to return to Tekken and Seong Mi-Na need to return to Soul Calibur.

Dahbomb

Yup unblockable laser scraper on incoming.
Not even on incoming.. just have them block a slow beam and do Laser Scraper. They can't push block you while the assist is hitting so they have to take the last hit of LS.

What's wrong with liking Michelle? She was one of the original eight in Tekken 1. She's got more personality than Julia
I don't care about either, they can make Michelle the main character and Julia the palette swap for all I care.

xCobalt

Anyone watch MAT X today? Not sure if any notable players attended. The event seemed so much bigger last year and now, its been reduced to a one day event with 0 publicity.

Grimsen

Anyone watch MAT X today? Not sure if any notable players attended. The event seemed so much bigger last year and now, its been reduced to a one day event with 0 publicity.

SSF4 is live now on twitch. Just started to watch the Injustice footage.

I didn't even know this was today. :/ I would have probably gone just for the fuck of it.

alstein

Haven't played a Tekken game since 3. Is it worth it at this point to pick up Tag 2?

VF is $5 right now, $15 with customization. Better deal for the money, and easier to learn.

TTT2 is good if you're really into Tekken and have the hours to commit to it.

Dahbomb

Man this has to be a record, almost 2-3 pages worth of Tekken discussion. Feels good man even though I know shit about the newer Tekken games lol.

Back to Marvel, FChamp has really hit that chamber. I only caught glimpses of his sets with Killer Kai but they were going at it for hours upon hours. This is the EVO Champ I know.

kirblar

Man this has to be a record, almost 2-3 pages worth of Tekken discussion. Feels good man even though I know shit about the newer Tekken games lol.

Back to Marvel, FChamp has really hit that chamber. I only caught glimpses of his sets with Killer Kai but they were going at it for hours upon hours. This is the EVO Champ I know.
The Chris G/Champ double turn over the past year has been pretty amazing.

Top Bottom