• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 14-20 | El gringo ganó todo

Just bored and browsing twitch and I saw this

http://www.twitch.tv/punyhumangames

It's the game Blade Symphony and it's having an official tournament and is on sale atm. It's at the semis. The combat is like Jedi Outcast lightsaber combat in that you have different stances and swings. You can also do stuff like jump around, parry, block, throws, stuff like that. High level play looks very interesting. There's a lot of spacing involved and knowing frame advantage because if someone is too reckless on attacking a block they can be throw punished.

dtg

Neo Member
Just bored and browsing twitch and I saw this

http://www.twitch.tv/punyhumangames

It's the game Blade Symphony and it's having an official tournament and is on sale atm. It's at the semis. The combat is like Jedi Outcast lightsaber combat in that you have different stances and swings. You can also do stuff like jump around, parry, block, throws, stuff like that. High level play looks very interesting. There's a lot of spacing involved and knowing frame advantage because if someone is too reckless on attacking a block they can be throw punished.

I'm glad to see it's (development) is still going. It was pretty fun when I played it a year or so ago. I'm going to pick it up eventually. I like how you can now have multiple people in one server dueling unlike other games.

I like Resident Evil 6. It's not an evenly-made game, but it's got that "fuck it, let's stick in everything we can think of and maybe something cool will happen" attitude you'd expect from the Jojo's director.

.la1n

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";86800609]I like Resident Evil 6.[/QUOTE]

DeNiro-Squint.gif

edit: pretty good cammy mirror going on with kbrad

casperOne

Next week FGW thread title suggestions:

• Sausage Pie Can't Overcome a Real American Hero (Joe beating Chin at the Pop Off)
  • Some Ultra-Level Ish is Happening, but We Couldn't Tell You What (USF4 rumors)
  • Danger in the Desert (Danger Room in AZ next weekend)
  • Enzo Went to a Tournament (self-explanitory)

Next week FGW thread title suggestions:

• Sausage Pie Can't Overcome a Real American Hero (Joe beating Chin at the Pop Off)
  • Some Ultra-Level Ish is Happening, but We Couldn't Tell You What (USF4 rumors)
  • Danger in the Desert (Danger Room in AZ next weekend)
  • Enzo Went to a Tournament (self-explanitory)

I like the last two.

Shouta

Am I the only one who things that the SFxT qualifiers for Capcom Cup are a bit of a mess?

A little bit but Capcom's instructions haven't been terribly great and it's just the nature of online tournaments. Then you combine it with player tendencies, it's basically a recipe for disaster. A bit more prep would and the like would minimize it a bit but it would still be chaotic. Saki's done a pretty good job otherwise though.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";86805244]Ok, that's pretty cool. I was kinda hoping it was a local so I could bet on AZ Greg.[/QUOTE]
They might do exhibitions/FTs so there would still be bet opportunities.

casperOne

A little bit but Capcom's instructions haven't been terribly great and it's just the nature of online tournaments. Then you combine it with player tendencies, it's basically a recipe for disaster. A bit more prep would and the like would minimize it a bit but it would still be chaotic. Saki's done a pretty good job otherwise though.

Saki is running the whole thing? Good on Rob. I love that man's passion for SFxT.

My statement was more about the Capcom side, that it was a bad idea to begin with to hold an online qualifier. Perhaps because they wanted different faces than the ones we see constantly in AE and Marvel?

Shouta

Saki is running the whole thing? Good on Rob. I love that man's passion for SFxT.

My statement was more about the Capcom side, that it was a bad idea to begin with to hold an online qualifier. Perhaps because they wanted different faces than the ones we see constantly in AE and Marvel?

Ah, yeah. Capcom doing an online qualifier was a terrible idea for the most part. I mean, I would've preferred an invites from the community or make it an open tournament instead but what can you do? The setup of the tournament really screw a lot of good folks like Esuta, Uryo, and the Canadians.

kirblar

Ah, yeah. Capcom doing an online qualifier was a terrible idea for the most part. I mean, I would've preferred an invites from the community or make it an open tournament instead but what can you do? The setup of the tournament really screwed up a lot of good folks like Esuta, Uryo, and the Canadians.
I mean, and it got a guy who "hasn't proven himself" an invite. What's up with that? :p

MavFan619

Banned
Am I the only one who things that the SFxT qualifiers for Capcom Cup are a bit of a mess?
I think people should have that BP earned on the console they are qualifying from. Haven't been on SFxT online in a while but last I checked there were plenty 15k players. Aside from that which for the most part hasn't been an issue I like whay I'm seeing from these players can't wait to see who makes it.

kirblar

Watch the invitations for the Marvel top 8 be even more ludicrous.
Justin, ChrisG, FChamp, PR Rog, Flocker, Nemo + 2 extra is definitely what you want.

I'd want Kusoru and probably a Euro player in those slots.
I think people should have that BP earned on the console they are qualifying from. Haven't been on SFxT online in a while but last I checked there were plenty 15k players.
It's fine. You want the best players getting through, and the BP is just a gatekeeper system to keep entrants manageable.

Sheroking

Justin, ChrisG, FChamp, PR Rog, Flocker, Nemo + 2 extra is definitely what you want.

I'd want Kusoru and probably a Euro player in those slots.

I hope Rog doesn't swing an invite.

Dude "retired", hates the game, plays a generic team - let someone like KBR play instead.

Top Bottom