• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 28 - Nov 3 | Red Focus, Blue Blazes

LakeEarth

This is now the official standard for 9-1 match ups in fighting games.

Thanks Keits!

9-1 is being generous. Once Jefailey's head is at max size, I don't know what he can do. It'd be bad enough if he didn't instantly spin his head when he gets crossed up, doubling his already enormous hitbox.

apparently the latest is that support for legacy USB devices is a feature that game developers can opt to build into their PS4 games, but is not native. I don't know if that came from the FAQ or not, will try to tie it down. Saw it on Gaffer Cheesemeister's twitter feed this morning.

That's interesting. Since it can be put into the games, I wonder why it's not native.

hitsugi

LMAO Holy Shit!

So THIS is the origin of Viscant's hatred for cosplayers. I always thought it was because of his "encounter" with that one Sailor Moon cosplayer. I guess that was the encounter which cemented his hatred for anime.

Could also be that he dated one............................................

Dahbomb

Could also be that he dated one............................................
That's what I meant by the Sailor Moon cosplay "encounter" although it ended up being more than just a date. Of course Viscant maintaining his "purity" persona will never divulge more into that event.

Horseress

$10 would be great but I'm not expecting it. SC1 on XBLA was pretty bare bones.

Edit: Just saw a XBLA release schedule that has it at $20

Fuck, so it should be $20 on PSN too...I've just bought Bioshock 1 and 2 for $10 bucks, and I had just $20 before...

Beckx

So it's going to sell nothing and Namco is going to cancel some future game based on it, basically?

Nostalgia-based casual purchases and $20 don't go well together.

So it's going to sell nothing and Namco is going to cancel some future game based on it, basically?

Nostalgia-based casual purchases and $20 don't go well together.

lol, especially in the time period it's coming out.

At $20 they couldve made bank IF these ports were on Next Gen.
$20 seems like the going price for XBLA on X1 anyway.

But PS360? lol.

onionfrog

Fuck, so it should be $20 on PSN too...I've just bought Bioshock 1 and 2 for $10 bucks, and I had just $20 before...
Steam sales make everything else seem like a horrible deal.

I've bought some games on steam sales even though my current laptop can't run them. (Old laptop from college, I'm hoping to build a Desktop PC by Christmas or early 2014)

On Topic: I don't think I'll be buying SC2 HD right away. Maybe if it was $10-15 instead of $20

Horseress

Steam sales make everything else seem like a horrible deal.

I've bought some games on steam sales even though my current laptop can't run them. (Old laptop from college, I'm hoping to build a Desktop PC by Christmas or early 2014)

On Topic: I don't think I'll be buying SC2 HD right away. Maybe if it was $10-15 instead of $20

Actually I bought both Bioshock's on PSN. Since my pc is getting pretty old I'm all about dat PS+, and their sales are pretty godlike too.

Talking about PC gaming, I don't know if anyone else has the same "problem", but I don't like to play games on PC anymore! I always have NeoGAF and/or Twitter and/or Twitch and/or Netflix on in my PC, so playing games on it just make my stream/forum/sitcom monster life way harder. It may be my bad PC, but I don't know, playing on my PS3 feels so damn good man....

soakrates

I'll be getting SC2 HD Online day one if anyone wants to play me. I don't think $20 is all that bad, considering its online play will likely be pretty good, if SC5 and TTT2 are any indication. VF5FS is $15 and I love it, but I have to admit that SC2 is a more complete game, features-wise, so $20 is whatever. I just hope they add some key features to the training mode that were missing in the original. Trying to test shit without a record feature is a huge hassle.

Dahbomb

Orchid has pretty cool moves and mechanics.

Capcom finally released some sale numbers for their games.

MVC3 = 2.2 million, UMVC3 = 1 million so total for that game is 3.2 million.

DMC3 = 1.3 million, DMC3SE = 1 million so total is 2.3 million.

SFxT = 1.6 million (up from 1.5 million)

SSF4 = 3.3 million, SSF4 = 1.9 million so total is 5.2 million.

DMC4 = 2.8 million (up from 2.7 million)

So basically DMC1, DMC4 and DMC3 each sold double that of DmC.

casperOne

This is the first time watching the game where I've felt that nostalgia factor kick in; to me, her mechanics seem to be perfectly aligned with what I remember in the original Killer Instinct, much more so than any of the other characters.

It's that spinning bird kick move that cemented that idea in my head.

Do you mean AE is one of those? If so, which one? I assume the first?

I bet they miss that SF2 gravy train.

6.3 Million for World Warrior on SNES alone, goddamn.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
If it aint street fighter, then it aint a fighter..

index.php

Sigh...

onionfrog

Oh hey that's not bad. Probably not up to their sales projections, but still decent considering how they cannibalised sales by releasing umvc3 so soon after vanilla.

Haha wow!
Hopefully that wont cause them to drop the franchise completely ala Onimusha and Megaman.

kirblar

UMvC3 having less than 50% retention from MvC3 = what a colossal screw up.

casperOne

KI3's practice mode has frame data and hitbox data. I wish every game was as transparent with the behind the scenes shit.

I'm really, really psyched about this. I thought Injustice did this, but it was out of date and not linked to the actual game (I could be wrong).

Either way, the training mode is quickly becoming a huge draw of the game for me.

Lol why are you lumping sales for different games together? Are we going to combine all the BlazBlue games together when considering sales? You dont add a game SF4 and its sequel SSF4 together and say its the same game sales.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thousands of articles of clothing. Being late for work trying to figure out which outfit to wear. First world problems.

Dahbomb

Lol why are you lumping sales for different games together? Are we going to combine all the BlazBlue games together when considering sales?
Yea why not? You can combine all the different Tekken versions and VF versions together as well.

In the case of DMC3SE though that game was just the Greatest Hits version of DMC3 so that definitely should be counted as the same game.

UMvC3 having less than 50% retention from MvC3 = what a colossal screw up.
That's actually not that bad and considering it was within the same year I would say Capcom got away with highway robbery on that one.

Do you mean AE is one of those? If so, which one? I assume the first?
Not really sure if AE is included in the SSF4 sales or not. Just reporting what the figures are.

6.3 Million for World Warrior on SNES alone, goddamn.
SF2 is their best selling game of all time if you add up all the versions. No wonder Capcom milked that shit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yea why not? You can combine all the different Tekken versions and VF versions together as well.

In the case of DMC3SE though that game was just the Greatest Hits version of DMC3 so that definitely should be counted as the same game.

But why are you counting mvc3 and umvc3 together?

You could do it and that would be dumb too.

Top Bottom